Chase Credit Card / credit card rip off

Recently Chase Credit Card company increased my monthly payment from $197.00 a month to $486.00 per month. I called to complain, and they said I could get it back to the $197.00 if I would agree to an increase in my interest rate of 4 percentage point. They are also now charging a "processing fee" of $10.00 per month. I have never missed a payment or ever been late. Don't deal with this bank. They care nothing about there good customers. I for one will never bank with them again!!!

A  21st of Feb, 2009 by
I commented on another post but I'll post here as this is even more applicable. They offer me something I cannot refuse. 2.99% for the life of the balance fixed -- not variable. I read the fine print, it was good. I spoke with the Chase bank manager about this and he shook my hand, saying, " no problem, it is as good as our home loans--only a better rate." He confirms that the only thing that would move my rate higher is if I paid late, I default or my credit tanked. No worries there, I'm at 749+ score with all 3 bureaus.

Fast forward one year. Chase increases my regular APR from 7.99 to 29.99 (no reason, all of my accounts are in good standing.) Then they reduce my credit limit to just above my balances. Pissed yes, but no worries. I continue making payments on time.

Now they send me a notice (Jan 09) that all my fixed for life promotional rate is going away. No opt out feature, its just going to happen in April 09. (says the customer service person).

Chase took 25 BILLION in taxpayer money with the bailout. They were supposed to use it to pay bad debt, instead they bankrolled it (there is no supervision of the bailout money by the way). They are also using it to lobby congress to veto credit card reform.

Chase follows the new credit model. They actively search for people who may have difficulty paying off debts and target them with balance transfers and debt consolidation offers. After getting in over their head, they bait-n-switch and frak them over. In an internal Chase meeting this policy was disclosed and the informant left Chase after he found out how crooked they are.

Luckily, I am in a position to pay off Chase in full on this. A lot of people are not so lucky and this will be the straw that breaks the camels back for them. I feel bad that our government backed such a crooked company like Chase, but then again, it is our government. No stretch there.

To all the flamers who would respond to this and with only the intent to tear up my comments: Go ahead. Maybe your a Chase Zealot in disguise, some CEO in his gold leaf pajamas who has to beat up on the person who got screwed by your company and has the balls to tell their story. Those reading posts after this will easily tell who is telling the truth and who is covering for Chase.
N  21st of Feb, 2009 by
Oh I forgot this link. Good info for you to help: http://www.changeinterms.com/
A  14th of Mar, 2009 by
Anyone who has a balance should just not pay it to this company. I would like to know when my constitutional rights changed to we can steal your money and give it
to who we feel needs your money more than you. Then our government takes the rest of the money and uses it to murder Americans and attack any country they feel.
Over the past 10 years I have charged thousands of dollars a month and paid it off, and now this trash company is going to charge me an APR of 29%.

J.p. Morgan, I an not sure what street your mother walked, but you should have the piece of trash teach you something besides robbing people and getting a free handout
from a useless government.
A  21st of Mar, 2009 by
that was great..But how do we get out of paying them lol..My WaMu card was bought by Chase and I never signed anything..now they have raised my intrest rate
A  23rd of Mar, 2009 by
I too had a Wamu card. 14 percent interest and was on a path to pay it off in two years and be done with credit cards. I just found out Chase bought my card and is now charging me 29 percent. They said I could have opted out but I recieved no notice and the opt out was to payit off. (15, 000) not likely.
So now I am stuck at 29. I had the Wamu card for ten years from when it was providian. Always pay more then min. Always pay early. I will default on the money before I will pay 29 percent and as far as I am concerned they already got my money in the bailout.

Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank Logo Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank