Chase Credit Cardirresponsible fees

Chase has gotten my attention and my vote for a melt-down... As an
Arranged automatic payment did not go through (As I was paying off
The month's account balance)
And, without any notice to me of the failure of that payment, a $39
Returned payment fee, a $39 late fee, and a finance charge for the
Unpaid balance gets added. The only notice is the next statement. My
Vote was, as no remedy could be made in that matter, to cancel the
Card and assure chase that no payment would be made until the charges
Went into collection and I would make a "deal" on a settlement
Payment.
My credit score can take that "hit"... Probably chase can as well!!

Comments

• Mw
      Jan 22, 2009
    Chase Credit Card - promotional rate
    Chase Bank
    Tennessee

I used a promotional rate check for a locked in interest rate of 4.99% good until your balance was paid off. I got my January statement and there is an additional $10 for finance charges billed to me and my minimum due has tripled from the month before. I called Chase and questioned the charge and difference in min. due. They said I was sent a letter in Nov, 2017, which stated I have two choices. Either pay 5% of my balance plus a $10 a month service fee or convert my account to a 7.99% interest rate and they will change my minimum due back to 2% of my balance. This is not right! They are the ones who set up the terms and now because 'Times are Bad' (their words on the phone) this is what they are doing to customers who have always paid on time. I was told they just weren't making any money off of me at the promotional rate they set and I have no choice. I will either transfer to another or just get paid off quickly and I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH CHASE BANK AGAIN!!! If they do this to those of us who are good customers, what do they do to the ones who don't pay - oh, I bet we're paying for them.

Very unhappy!!

• Md
      Jan 22, 2009

Chase did the same bate and switch on my account as well. In fact, I never received the November 2017 letter that they said they sent to me about the change in terms of agreement. I had a 3.99% for life until balance is paid off and all of the sudden I get a monthly service charge for $10.00 plus an increased interest rate to 5.42% APR. I don't understand why I'm being penalized when I've been making my more then my required monthly payments on time every month. Taxpayers should make a stand and say "NO" to the bail-out plans on these banks? They are a bunch of liars and very crooked. Banks like CHASE don't deserve to be in business. I will never recommend Chase to anyone or invest in their banks ever again.

• Ji
      Jan 23, 2009

If you're interested, a law firm in New York City is investigating the $10 monthly fee for the possiblity of a class action lawsuit. Here's the link to the law firm and a form to file with them for more information:

• Ro
      Jan 25, 2009

I received my credit statement yesterday and discovered that tha same thing happened to me ! I spoke to a representative and then asked to speak to a supervisor to question this. What it boiled down was they could give me a 7% plus new rate . This is how they try to get out of the 3.99% and 4.99% rate I had locked into. Never missed a payment or was late on a payment! Bunch of Crooks and Liars!

Jan 30, 2009

I was told the same thing by a certain stephanie in the customer service. Since the interest rateis so low that they are not making any money off the account. I told her it wasn't my fault, they set up the terms and the reate. The agreement was made between me and them and they cannot just arbitraryly change the terms of agreement without me signing that I agree to the terms. she said they have every right to do that and that they are in the busines of making money. I told her that then they should have disclosed in the agreement that such terms are only good for 24 months or however long. She does not care. I told her that I understand that she is just doing her job and that I am not biting her head off, but if the shoe was on the other foot that she too can feel the frustration that I am feeling. She said that she too is a consumer and that rules are rules and it can be changed as long as we get the notifications within 15 days! I told her it does not sound legal, since truth in lending should be accompanied by certain disclosures, at least if I bought a car or a house I know what my payment will be for the duration of theloan, but I told her that a prerogative was mine, since the terms "til the balanced is paid off", as long as I am paying the minimum i should be okay. She said my interest are the same, they just want to recover their money faster because they are not profiting from such a low rate.
    Who look after the consumer? How can this thieves can go around cheating honest people out of their money, bait them or enticed them then trap them? Everybody is affected by the economy, but everything is also going down to accomodate those who are doing the best they can, why are they getting bailed out, oh yeah, Stephanie custumer service rep said "JP MORGAN CHASE" is not getting a dime out of the bail out! YEAH! Wait when Chase themselves outsourced their jobs, these wonderfully rude people will lose their jobs to some foreigh country because Chase is looking for just that, profit!
    May they burn in hell!

• Mi
      Feb 01, 2009

Michelle
    There should be something done about this. Chase has done this to me too. They are trying to either force you to forget about your locked in rate or get bad credit. There should be a law against changing the amount do by more than 50%. It sound a lot like a loan shark to me. Has anyone contacted a lawyer mentioned above?

• Gr
      Feb 10, 2009

Same thing happened to Me. I contacted Chase Customer Service and was told they had sent notice out on Dec. 29, 2017. I told them I never received such notice and requested that it be sent out to me again. They said they would. I also stated that I thought this was illegal and was told they had lawyers who have looked over the rights to do this...must be lucky to have such GREAT Lawyers, unlike the rest of us consumers. I was also informed that I had ONE OF TWO choices, accept the $10 fee and pay 5% of owed balance or switch to 7.99% until 2017 and then I would only have to pay the 2% payment. I informed the customer service rep that I could handle paying the 5% but was opposed to the $10 fee which moved my interest rate to 6.41%. She said these were my only two options. I told her I was so shocked that Chase would treat it's customers this way and that I was sure they would have a Class Action Suit against them. I subsequently changed my auto payment on MY banks bill payment system to reflect the 5% payment to ensure I didn't receive a missed "correct" payment and get put into a position which could impact all my other bank relationships as well (i.e., late payment, etc. causing them as well as Chase to raise the interest rates to as much as 32%). Ten days later I had not received the "new terms" as I was told I would, so contacted Chase again. Same basic conversation as the previous one, being told I would receive a copy of changes. Lo and behold I received a letter, thank me for accepting the new terms of 7.99%, etc. I was so shocked. Called them again and demanded that they return my account to the previous status, which was 3.99% and that I intended to be around for the class action suit. Received a copy of changes to terms dated October 2017 which does not state anything about a change in terms to the promotional offer two days ago. Then yesterday I received my Chase statement for Feb and they have refunded the $10 "service fee" and returned the min. due to 2% of outstanding balance. Interesting move on their part. I'm going to assume they have changed their mind on what they can and should be doing regarding this horrible situation for so many customers. Do they KNOW what they are doing there??? I will close my accounts once these are paid off as I will not support a business which has such lack of concern or care for it's good customers who pay on time, etc. No wonder this country is in the state it is, with large business like Chase trying to rip off there account holders...SHAME ON THEM.

• Jm
      Feb 20, 2009

I agree as I too in New Mexico have this problem. I have 800plus credit score, never been late and my $5K balance is 25% of my available balance. I have been sending them weekly copies of letters I have been sending to senators, legislators, office of comptroller of currency, etc. I will continue till they correct the breach of contract.

• Bl
      Mar 31, 2009
    Chase Credit Card - my chase credit card history vanished!!
    Chase Bank USA

I've had multiple Chase credit cards in the past, never late on my payments. I rarely used one of my cards, which I've had since 2017. I used it maybe 4 months ago, and a few weeks ago I noticed that it was "disappearing" from my online account when I log in. I just called them, and they have absolutely no record of my card every existed. I understand a lot of credit card companies are canceling our cards because of inactivity, but 4 months?!?!?! And, even if they canceled my card, I think I deserve at least a piece of paper in the mail telling me that my card has been canceled. And, even if they don't give a damn enough to send me a letter, erase the record within weeks?!?!?! It's like 7 years of history just vanished... without even the courtesy to let me know!

• Sh
      May 06, 2009

Yeah, depending on the previous activity of a credit ard with chase. At this time a chase credit has to be inactive for 24+ months, chase started closing these account in Nov08. Once a account is close with a $0.00 balance for even a month it is removed from Customer services records, the only department within chase at that time that can access it's history is the Recoveries Department.

Do keep in mind though that once it is closed in this way, there is no way it will allow us to reopen it. Not even for a supervisor.

• Gu
      May 25, 2009
    Chase Credit Card - chase credit card customer service:worst customer service comparitively wamu
    Chase

I have been using wamu credit card since 3 years. I never paid my bill late. When wamu moved to chase, I paid my bill just 2 days late and charged 39.99 as late fee and $10 for financial charges. I called customer service and asked her to remove those charges. She simply said that 'its not possible' and you are in grace period.

I requested her to remove atleast $10 financial charges then again same answer 'not possible'.

If wamu is there I would have get all my extra charges back...

• Uh
      May 26, 2009

here's what you do, NEVER call about disputes with charges, late fees, etc. ALWAYS write to customer service personally. I don't know why a letter works but every time I had a problem I always ended up with a favorable solution with a letter. Look on your statement for the address, trust me I have always had the charges reversed and the problem solved after writing a letter.

• Li
      Jun 17, 2009

Don't settle for that! Chase hit me with a $39 late fee - and I called to ask for a one time adjustment - as is customary, and was told no, then transferred to a supervisor, who said no again, and that there was no one else I could talk to, that the only person who would resolve this is the President and CEO Jamie Dimon and to write to him.

I was SO angry, that I did exactly that, plus I went to Chase corporate site and picked a bunch of people to email and sent all of them the same email, plus I mailed a letter. I got a phone call from Chase corporate that only said for me to call them to resolve. I didn't bother to.

Then lo and behold, the $39 fee was reversed, and a few days letter I got a letter of apology from a Vice President, signed with real ink, and a few weeks later I got a request for a survey to respond to how corporate handled this situation. That made me laugh! I will not send them the survey- because I had to go through a bunch of nonsense for $39.

Today, I got a transfer balance offer from Chase - and no where on it does it state that you can't transfer balances from other Chase accounts - so I called and sure enough, I was told, no, can't do a Chase-to-Chase transfer - and that if I use the checks, they'll be rejected. What a bunch of crooked corporate scheemers they are.

Bottom line for me: this company has had enough years of my life and has earned enough money from me. No more. When I'm done paying them off, I want nothing to do with them.

• Am
      Jun 26, 2009

They suck really badly...I tried to get their physical mailing address to send a certified letter, and they kept trying to give me a p.o. box address. I ended up hanging up on those stupid idiots.

• Pi
      Jul 02, 2009
    Chase Credit Card - wrong information given by their helpdesk, delays by the bank
    JP Morgan Chase
    Tampa
    Florida

I had a convenience check 0% until June 2017 statement opening date. Paid it off and it was posted on 5/29/09. Bills have statement dates that run from 12 of one month to 11 of next month. Called customer service desk and asked when I had to pay the balance by as their statements have Statement date mid month to mid month and wanted to be sure I paid off balance. Was told by their customer service desk (Stephanie) that I needed to pay it off prior to 6/1/09. Statement recieved on 6/18/09 covers 5/12/09 to 6/11/09. Called immediately June 18, 2017 as even though I paid the balance and it was posted on 5/29/09, they were billing interest. I dispute d charge and asked them to review their call center records (they are suppose to be recorded) and credit back that interest as I was given the wrong information. Really was getting no where so asked to speak to the supervisors supervisor and was told that it was Nancy and she was not there at the present time. I left a voicemail on Nancy's line and asked that she call me back that day as I was heading out for London and wanted to resolve this. Of course, no call back - in fact no call back while I was gone according to my husband and the answering machine. Wrote a letter 6/18/09 stating the facts and returned from London and there is no response and no call backs. Decided to pick up phone and call them to see what was going on. They told me they would not credit the interest and in fact they were billing more interest even though I took the time to write them and officially dispute the bill. In any case, I want to write to a higher up in the organization and also to the regulatory agencies. Can someone give me the names of the regulatory agencies I need to officially lodge my complaint?

• Di
      Jul 07, 2009
    Chase Credit Card - late fees/cancelled 0% interest rate

I previously was a customer of WAMU who were bought out by Chase. I was able to keep my 0% interest rate which was great. I have always paid my payments on time and paid more than the minimum. One time I missed my due date by 3 days and they automatically charged me a late fee and removed the 0% rate and jacked it up to 12%. I called and explained what happened and their reply in not so many words was "sorry, that's the way it is and we can't do anything about it - have a nice day". I will tell everyone I know NOT to subscribe for a credit card from CHASE, very, very poor customer service. I hope people will read this comment and not work with CHASE.

• Do
      Jul 13, 2009
    Chase Credit Card - screwing the public

I have been a Chase card holder since 2017. I have never missed a payment and have always over paid the minimum due. In may 2017 my balance due was zero as Chase had a promo you can skip a payment, but i had just made a payment so i figured this would be junes payment early. On july 12 2017 i went on line to check my account to find I am late and my rate went from 6.99 to15.25. Now I am a little ticked so I call customer service to try and fix it. Just short of SCREW YOU is what I got. I asked them do you really think after all this I want to skip a payment and have my rate double? The reply sorry there is nothing we can do. I belive me and my fellow americans just baled of the banks only to be Screwed again. This is wrong and I ask who ever reads this to stop making payments if you have been SCREWED too. My Last words where I'll see you in court.

• Ka
      Jul 14, 2009

OH I HAVE ONE BETTER. THEY DID RAISE MY APR. BUT THIS ONE IS REALLY GOOD. THEY DECIDED BECAUSE I HAVE TOO MANY CARDS THAT THEY ARE CANCELING MY CARDS. WELL WELL. TAKE THEM AND SHOVE THEM. HAVE FUN GETTING THE MONEY FOR THESE!!!

Jul 14, 2009

They are the most crooked, underminded, uncaring, spiteful credit card I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

Jul 14, 2009

I had the same offer. Transfer balances at 0% interest for one year then 9.99% if I did not have ONE LATE PAYMENT. I did not have one late payment, however, they did HOUND me to buy into their insurance company which would freeze my interest rates and my payments for up to two years as long as a doctor supported my disability. Well, unfortunately, I did suddenly become disabled and was thankful that I did that. I did not pay them for one year but submitted all my paperwork from my doctor on time and never went over my balance limit (which was one stipulation). They said I could even continue using the card and would only have to pay what I used since the disability. I did not use the card. Then, suddenly, after only one year and at the worst possible time of my disability I was informed that my credit card would not be renewed because I had too many credit cards. My credit score, in spite of my disability was 736 with Experian. I had NEVER violated any terms of agreement to negate our contract. When I received that notice I was not concerned. I knew I had another year to get on my feet before I would have to pay them back. It is even stated in the agreement that if I cancel my credit card, my contract for disability would continue for the two years. Next thing I know, I have a statement from my credit monitoring company that Chase had put a black mark on my credit report for being over my balance. Then just days after that I got a bill from them and they wanted 300.00 immediately because I had gone over my balance. I explained that there must be an error. They said "no error". Your contract is ended. I asked them how they could take my money for a contract and then break it for no justifiable reason. They said they can do anything they want. I have just had my second surgery for cancer when all this happened and my health insurance had gone up. My house payments are also being made by insurance that I purchased, but I figured by next year I could be on my feet, or pay off all other debt and then pay them off when the time became mandated. Now, I am faced with at the very least, bankruptcy, and probably loosing my house. When I explained this to them, they told me to go to someone "higher than them" that might care. I think this lesson has taught me that credit cards are wolves in sheeps clothing and once I am either bankrupt or free of debt (I never had any debt prior to my illness), they will NEVER SEE MY NAME IN ANY OF THEIR BUSINESSES, EVER! I wish more Americans would do that. Let's live with what we can afford and let them all go belly up. They deserve it.

Jul 14, 2009

By the way, the "over my limit" was the almost 100.00 dollar late fee they attached prior to my even receiving a bill!!!

Jul 14, 2009

I'd love to join you there!

• He
      Jul 18, 2009

That's all credit card companies, not just Chase.

• Cn
      Jul 20, 2009

I totally agreed. I just called Chase credit card services for the late charge and the rep. just told me the same thing "'its not possible', "it's not the banks mistake that you didn't receive the statement", very rude and very unprofessional. I had to call again and tried reaching a differnt rep and it ended up having the same problems. I have never seen such a unprofessional manner with any banks. Wamu used to have great customer service representatives with great phone manner. I am going to cancel my Chase credit card and apply with another bank.

• De
      Jul 21, 2009

I totally agree with you regarding Chase. I had a Wamu visa which Chase acquired. All went fine for a few months then Chase up and cancelled my card. Reason being, my other cards credit limit werent high enough. The told me they sent a letter to me.. It's been seven days since they said they sent the letter and still NO letter. I have Never ever been late on a payment and have always paid the balance in full every month. I suppose Chase doesnt appreciate good customers. I will never do business with them again.. Never..

• Kg
      Sep 09, 2009
    Chase Credit Card - oppressive polocies
    Kenny Goldsmith

My Wamu credit card was absorbed by Chase and they immediately increased my interest rate to an ungodly 29.9% and reduced my credit line at the same time. After I paid off my account prior to the statement close, I assumed I would just leave it open and did not even pay attention to it any more. I did not expect to receive an addition finance charge for the few days that there was a balance before the payment was posted. When I realized there was a balance, it had become late by 2 business days they imposed a late fee. When I called to inquire and try to have at least the late fee waived I was told tough luck. They would not even let me speak to a manager and when I expressed my disgust all they could say is they were sorry I felt that way. I guess they are the big bully on the block and don’t care about taking everyone’s lunch money. I immediately closed the account and can’t wait to tell everyone I can that they are an oppressive origination.

• Sc
      Oct 11, 2009

the same thing happened to me.In October i paid Chase off, good riddance, i thought.after i paid them almost $11, 000 on line i kept my account open.(so i could keep up with it on line) Sure enough here comes the $39.00 finance charge for my November payment!! Now i am really pissed, soooo i called Chase and asked what i was being charged a finance charge for.Of course the lady (in India) politely explained how they charge for so many days left on the loan or something.i never did understand it but i told her it was ridiculous.They have my money and now they want more!! What do i need to do to get away from these crooks? To make a long story short, i told the lady i would pay it and i didn't want to EVER hear from Chase again, period! Well, that afternoon i went on line to pay the charges and decided to send Chase a "complaint"...I told them what i thought(i won't go into it, but they got the point)...I really didn't expect to hear from them, but the next day i got a reply and was told the charges would be reversed and my balance was, once again, $0.I received my November bill that very day and it did show the $39.00 finance charges but when i went on line to my account, it showed a finance charge reversal.Wow, i printed that out too.So next month i will see what happens.i have everything printed and documented, just in case!! THE ONLY WAY TO BE FREE OF CHASE IS TO PAY THE CROOKS OFF!! Good luck to everyone out there.Their day will come!!!

• De
      Oct 19, 2009

I know of a company that can settle this debt down to about half of what you currently owe. Send me an email to [protected]@rocketmail.com

• Mr
      Nov 30, 2009
    Chase Credit Card - chase customer service
    New York

So, all last week I was trying to pay my Chase Credit Card online, however, every day, the website was down for "Maintenance." I always pay online because if I send it in the mail it sometimes gets "lost" and when you pay over the phone, they charge a $15.oo fee. The payment was due on THANKSGIVING and because I was away, I could not pay on the phone because I did not have my banking information and the site was down again. This card used to be a CIrcuit City card and I would always pay at the store. I tried to pay this account at a CHASE bank and they told me I couldn't. I was finally able to make my payment when I returned home the following day. I called CHASE to see if the could waive my late fee as I explained my situation. The REP, in his fake customer service voice said there was nothing he could do, a line I expected. I then asked to speak to a SUPERVISOR and the REP said I could not. I asked again, and he said their was no SUPERVISOR there for me to speak with. I asked if there was one in the building, and he said no. I asked to speak to a manager then, and he said no one. I went back and forth with him for over ten minutes and not once would he put a SUPERVISOR on the line for me, saying that he could schedule a call back. I explained I Had to work later in the day and that I wanted to speak to a SUPERVISOR now and that I would wait. He continued to tell me no. I have never been so upset with any type of customer service. To tell me that there is a building full of employees and that there is no SUPERVISOR is outlandish, especially in a CALL CENTER environment. I know, because I have worked in a CALL CENTER. I know that there dozens of Supervisors in a building at one time. I paid off the card, however, I will no close the account because I do not want to hurt my credit score.

• Ju
      Jan 12, 2010

Good Job.
    This stinkers charged me 39.00 for "overlimit" my credit line of 1500 with a purchase of 1500 item. When I asked them how come - they add a 1.50 finance charge on top of 1500 and it result in overlimit my credit line.

• Br
      Jan 20, 2010
    Chase Credit Card - late fee

A $39 late fee is excessive. Period. Having seen this on my bill, I became livid. As the person who writes the bills, I am on top of due dates. However, that doesn't necessarily mean the check gets in the mail. Regardless, four days late.

As a customer who has historically paid his bills on time, and much more than the minimum, I thought I was a good customer. Doesn't matter. According to Mike at Customer Service, its a matter of corporate policy not to refund late fees. "You can talk to my manager, he has no authority (can't do it) to make that happen, either." Credit cards are commodities, it's the customer service that differentiates businesses. In Chase's case, I guess they prefer to be a commodity.

They have just lost my business. I also have a mortgage with Chase. I'm considering moving that business as well. My ire has now turned to disappointment.

Regards,

Brian Fisher

• Mi
      Jan 20, 2010

I agree, I have a chase card that I paid off untill we fell into tough times. Chase offered a low transfer rate so we took advantage of it. So that put it back up the the limit. I had a couple late payments recently (again, were talking between 1-7 days, not 30), and now not only am I getting the late fees, they jacked my interest rate up from 9 to 27! All I can see is that is B.S. and I just hope some day I can afford to pay it off and get rid of it for good!

• K6
      Jan 30, 2010

I have also had this issue with them (the system being down). I called and they waived the pay over the phone charge.

• To
      Feb 23, 2010
    Chase Credit Card - no good credit managemnet
    Chase Bank
    San Diego
    California

Thank you Chase for the $10, 000 credit card that I currently carry, is unfortunate that many people do not take credit card terms and conditions seriously, even though they may say they do, they really dont. I do, so I have auomatic payment with my credit card because terms and cond. say that I may be repriced if I miss one payment or if it gets there late. I understand that they are trying to protect themselves and un like the failling banks chase really takes loans seriously.If I didnt agree to the terms that are written behind my statement each month It would be safer to borrow from a relative or even a friend, not a bank. Yes! Credit cards are no joke.

May 18, 2010

What a ripped off company. I also have a same problem. I made a payment about 5 days before the due day. The payment had posted on my account. 4 days later, they return my payment without notice and I was charged $39 Return Fee. Will never deal with this company again!!!

• Sc
      Jul 12, 2010
    Chase Credit Card - cancelling my credit card

I have three Chase credit cards. Two of them have a zero balance and I owe one about $7500. Today I got in the mail a letter from them stating they were cancelling one of my cards with zero balance for the standard BS reasons. I called them and they said my debt to credit ratio was really the reason. I said that ratio has been getting better for the last two years and therefore they were not really telling me the truth. I then spoke with the supervisor who asked for my income which I told her. She took a few minutess and came back apologizing for the delay and then told me not only was that card cancelled but the other zero balanced card. I told the ### that her apology was not accepted and we all know the cards were cancelled because of inactivity. I told her it was obvious that she was lying and she should be ashamed of herself. I also told her that I made up my mind a long time ago that if I got screwed by the card companies three times I was going to go with a debt relief company where I had the final say on the settlement and was not going to allow them anymore than 30 cents on the dollar. I told her she has just cost Chase $5000. I am from the old school which means I have always paid my debts on time and in full but at 60 years old, I have decided that the old school does not work anymore. With the millions of honest citizens suffering because of the financial perverts I feel my complaining is the least I can do. There are many many financial ###s that need to be prosecuted becausee of the pain they have caused. I say line them up and shoot them and our economy will rebound immediately.

• Ha
      Jul 14, 2010

They are (CHASE) totally lying -- whatever reasons (on their tongue at that time) they are telling the customers -- called several times and was given different reason each time. We have 2 CHASE cards (VISA and Master card) with them and just found out both accounts has been closed without any proper form of notification, without any logical explanations, and without wrong doing from our side. We are also from the old school and never have balance on the account, we used the credit card and pay off when the balance is due. We are responsible citizens and working hard to survive at this time of the economy hardship. It is all GREED from the investors part which will bring down our GREAT COUNTRY of U.S.A. -- we customers need to stand, united and be strong together or we will become the vitims of the investors since we feel that we are not being protected by the government.

Frustrated citizens from Arizona

• Tr
    Chase Credit Card - poor customer service
    Nampa
    Idaho

I have had a chase account for 14 years with no problems. I have always paid my payments on time and never went over my limit, until recently. I missed a payment by 3 days and went over my limit once because of the interest they tacked on. I recieved a notice in december that they are going to raise my interest rate from 13% to 17%. When we called to talk to a representative about this we hit a road block. The guy on the end was rude and would not help at all. He just kept repeating himself about how it would not change the interest on what I already owed only on future purchases. I said, "I don't care, I will not use your services if I have an interest rate that high. My credit score is over 800 and I have no reason to pay a rediculous amount of interest. After a 30 minute conversation with this so called supervisor I got no where. I had to close my account. They did not care at all of my continued service with them over a 14 year period of time and would not take that into consideration at all. I asked to be called back by his supervisor and did not recieve a call back after 48 hours as promised. So as I promised I would do I am finding every sight I can possibly find to post about my experience with this poor service company that does not care if they keep there customers or not. Regardless of your credit score they will charge whatever they feel is necessary and will not budge to keep there customer happy. So if you are thinking about signing up with this company, think twice because if you are looking for a company with good customer service (which is important in this day and age) then you will not find it here. Trish Ormsby, Nampa, Id

• Mo
      Jan 07, 2011

I disagree. Granted better care should have been taken to stay within one's limit and make the payment in time. However, having a spotless record for 14 years should have meant something to the bank. Had I been in the OP's place, I would have expected my bank to forgive the 3 day late thing and NOT raise my rates, given my excellent history with them. However, I would not have closed my account, that will have a negative affect on your credit. I would simply have discontinued using that particular card and used one with a decent rate instead. Closing the account is kind of like throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

• Mo
      Jan 07, 2011

That word that looks like cursing is actually credit. Have no idea why that happened.