Chase Credit Card Company / terrible customer service

1 Wilmington, DE, United States Review updated:
Phone: 783-800-537-7783

Fraud dept. calls me to say that they have put a "hold" on my account for questionable purchases. Purchase were legitimate that they put hold on, but for unauthorized charges from www.smartsavings.com in the amount of $29.95 + $1 every two weeks, they say they can not stop this!!! This is the "fraud" department!!! I asked them to google www.smartsavings.com to see the scams that this company is up to and they just shrugged this off.
Terrible customer service. They say the only thing I can do is cancel my card and get another one!

Chase needs to get act together!

Pa

Comments

• Ju
      14th of Jul, 2007
    Chase Credit Card Company - Bad practice of business

I had the impression that Chase was a good credit card company. Couple months ago i had to do a cash advance for no more than $200. Couple days after I made a payment covering that cash advance and any possible finance charges. I just found out that the only way of paying for a cash advance is paying the whole amount of the credit. In other words, if you have an outstanding balance for $2000 dollars on you account and you have a cash advance of $100, to be able to pay for that cash advance you need to pay for the whole amount of you balance. They are charging me 24% and what initially was a cash advance of $200 became almost $500.

• Mi
      19th of Jul, 2007

Common knowledge. The highest interest rates are deducted last. Right in your agreement.

• In
      3rd of Jul, 2008
    Chase Creditcard Company - added fees
    15298 pobox
    Wilmington
    Delaware
    Phone: 1-800-945-2000

I have a small credit with Chase Bank, and every time I get charged with fees, because I pay them ahead. I called them on it and they took off the fees.
    This happened twice - since they merged or de-merged with GEMoney. This is not my problem and dont need to hear it.

Now I havent received a statement for June and I paid them, and charged me again not 39.00 but 29.00. I always pay them the first of the month, but didnt get a statement this time again. I did sent a payment of 50 due on 7/12/08 again ahead of time, with those 29.00 charges from past month which we discussed was paid by phone.
    I didnt call them to take it off because something needs to be done about it.

I am disheartened by all this - unfortunately we need banks but if you dont watch it carefully they scam you. Had this with the BofA, but they rectified everything and I did get a check back from them - but again it is still a mistake bythe clerk at the window.
    I learned how to really check everything with banking as its not as it used to be.
    Please, hire some people who do it right and dont charge customers extra when they make the mistakes.
    Sincerely,