Chase Circuit City Credit Card / ACTIVATING CREDIT CARD

1 111 HUMBOLDT ST 1HBrooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 3474195155

HELLO,
I HAD A CREDIT CARD THAT I DID NOT USE FOR A LONG TIME FROM CIRCUIT CITY AND I DECIDED TO USE IT LAST YEAR AROUND CHRISTMAS OR A LITTLE BEFORE THAT THE CARD WAS NOT EXPIRED I CALLED TO ACTIVATE THE CARD AND I ALSO ASK THEM IT I COULD PURCHASE OTHER STUFF WITH THE CREDIT CARE SINCE IT SAYS CIRCUIT CITY VISA I THOUGHT I COULD ONLY BUY STUFF AT CIRCUIT CITY AND THE LADY THAT I SPOKE TO SHE IT WAS OK. SO THEY ASK ME CERTAIN QUESTION TO VERIFY WHO WAS I. I ANSWERED THEM THEY SAID EVERYTHING WAS FINE. I GO TO THE STORE TO PURCHASE A COAT FOR MY SON AND WHEN I AM GOING TO PAY THEY SAY THE CARD IS NOT AUTHORIZED. SO I CALLED THEM AGAIN AND THEY VERIFY WHO WAS I AND ASKED SOME OTHER QUESTION AND AGAIN THEY ITS OKAY TO USE THE CARD BUT I HAD TO BUY SOMETHING IN CIRCUIT CITY AND THAT WAY THEY WOULD ACTIVATE THE CARD SO THAT I COULD USE IT IN ANY OTHER PLACE. OKAY AGAIN I WENT TO CIRCUIT CITY AND BOUGHT SOMETHING AND WENT BACK TO THE STORE TO PURCHASE THE COAT FOR MY SON THE OTHER DAY I WAS SOO EMBARRAS BECAUSE I HAVE A GOOD CREDIT ACCOUNT AND SO WAS MY SON AND SAID I DO NOT WANT TO SHOW MY FACE TO THEM. THAT DAY I WENT AND AGAIN THE SAME PROBLEM.
SO I HAD TO CALL THEM AGAIN THEY AGAIN ASK QUESTION LIKE IF I HAD STOLEN THE CARD. THEY ASK SO MANY STUPID QUESTION SORRY FOR THE EXPRESSION WHY DO THEY BE ASKING QUESTION IF I EVER OWNED A CERTAIN MAKE OF CAR OR IT I KNOW SUCH AND SUCH PERSON. SOME HOW I BOUGHT ONLY THINGS WHICH THEY APPROVED. BUT THEN AGAIN THEY SENT A NEW CREDIT CARD AND AGAIN I HAD TO GO THRU THE SAME DILEMMA WHY DO THEY GIVE PEOPLE SUCH A HARD TIME I KNOW THEY ARE TRYING TO BE CAREFUL BUT COME ON HOW MANY TIMES DO THEY HAVE ASK THESE SILLY QUESTION THAT MAKE NOSENSE, ALL THEY NEED IS MY SOCIAL SECURIITY, ADDRESS. NOW THIS TIME I WENT TO BUY SOMETHING AT CIRCUIT CITY AT CHRISTMAS TIME AND I SAID LET ME SEE IF THEY ACTIVATE IT THIS TIME. WHEN I GO TO THE CASHIER WITH THE CARD SHE TELL ME YOU HAVE TO ACTIVATE THE CARD GO TO CUSTOMER SERVICE OKAY I GO AND I STOOD LIKE MAYBE HALF HOUR WITH THIS GUY HE CALLS CHASE IT SEES MY ID CARD AND I ASSUME HE HAD ACTIVATE THE CARD. THE PURSHASE WAS APPROVED AND USE THE CREDIT CARD. NOW I CALL BECAUSE I GO TO A STORE TO BUY SOMETHING ELSE AND NO AUTH AGAIN WHAT IS GOING ON HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL.
I NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE I CALL CHASE AND THERE GOES THE SILLY QUESTION AGAIN I EXPLAIN I HAD GONE RECENTLY TO CIRCUIT CITY AND THE CREDIT CARD WAS APPROVE BUY THE CLERK HOW CAN THEY APPROVED A PURCHASE IF I IT WASN'T ME BUYING THE PRODUCT . I AM VERY UPSET BUT YOU KNOW I HAVE ANOTHER CHASE CARD WHICH I DON'T GET TOO PROBLEM WITH WHY THIS ONE GIVES SO MUCH PROBLEM. ANYWAY THE THING SHE SHE ASK ME IF i KNOW A JUAN SOTO AND TELL ME BE CAREFUL HOW I WILL ANSWER SHE GOT ME CONFUSED HOW MANY JUAN SOTO ARE THERE IN THE WORLD HELLO GIVE A BREAK AT FIRST I TOLD HER I DON'T KNOW A JUAN SOTO WHAT SHE TELL THAT BECARE FUL HOW I ANSWER I TOLD I KNOW A JUAN SOTO BUT HE DIED AND HE IS A FAMILY FROM MY HUSBAND AND THEN SHE ME HOW OLD WAS HE NOW THIS IS ABSURB HOW CAN YOU AS K THIS IF I DONT KNOW THE GUY PERSONALLY. AND THEN SHE ASK DO I EVER OWNED A NISSAN I TELL LOOK I BOUGHT A CAR FOR MY SON I DONT KNOW THE MODEL OF THE CAR BECAUSE I DONOT DRIVE CAR. SO I CALL MY SON AND ASK HIM AND I TELL THE MODEL WHICH IS A DODGE CHARGER. AND THEN SHE TELL ME OHWELL YOU WILL HAVE TO GO TO CIRCUIT CITY TO VERIFY YOUR CARD I WAS SOO FURIOUS I TOLD LOOK CANCEL THE CARD. THEY ARE WALKING ME BACK AND FORTH TO ACTIVATE THIS CARD IF I DID ALL THIS ALREADY RECENTLY WHY DO IT AGAIN WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD THEY TRUST MORE THE PEOPLE THAT CHEAT THEN THE HONEST PEOPLE. I HOPE SOME THING CAN BE DONE ABOUT THIS THIS IS SO UNFAIR WHEN YOU FEEL THAT PEOPLE YOU ARE STEALING PEOPLE 'S CREDENTIALS.
THANK YOU FOR READING MY COMPLAIN .

Comments

2nd of Jun, 2009

I would like the phone number of someone with Circuit City or Chase, so I can close this account. I paid it off and they charged me $1.00. It is due in June and I have no statement. I want to close this account. It has been nothing but trouble. I have never missed a payment in all the years I have had it. And now they want to charge me $1.00.

Joseph Gresham

• El
      22nd of Sep, 2009

I had a similar experience as the person from Brooklyn. I called to activate my bank card from Chase. By the time that I had finished the conversation with not one, but two, women on the phone, I was ready to go to the nearest ER. I don't know when I have been so frustrated, angry and totally amazed at what had happened. After all of the questions about places I may have lived, and people I may have known, and both women telling me that they had to ask these questions to verify who I am - and that all of the answers to their questions was PUBLIC INFORMATION - I was a basket case. The supervisor of the first person that I talked with ask all of the same kinds of stupid, insane questions. I talked with the supervisor after the first woman told me that because of my answers to all of her questions, she could not activate my card because she could not verify who I am. I answered "No" to all of her questions because the answer was "No". The supervisor told me that she had knowledge of everyone I knew! I said, "You know every person I have ever met?" and she said "YES". Really. I wonder if she knows everyone I knew in Europe and Scandinavia and the Middle East when I lived in those places. I guess she knows everyone I knew in college! And in High School! How stupid. I finally answered one question correctly, and guess what! She finally activated my card. I ask her, since she knew everything, if she knew what I was going to do this week. She said, "No, what are you going to do"? I replied that I am going to take ALL of my money, in my checking and savings accounts, out of Chase Bank. And, I doubt that they really want me to do that...

• Je
      4th of Mar, 2010

I had a 0% interest card for 36 months. I purchaesed my TV in April 2007, so in 36 months that would be 3 years. Circuit City is no longer in business and the reciept I was given was on thermal paper which over time is not visible to see. Chase informed me that my aggreement was for 34 months which is not true, when is the last time you saw a commercial or an ad for 34 months, its usually 12, 24, 36. Due to not being able to read my reciept, it is there word against mine. I owed $100 left on my account. It is now $1200.00 It is their word against mine. I called the newspaper, news, library, chase, attornys..ect to find some kind of documentation and nothing. I know shame on me for not paying more attention to the fine print on my bill but I think it is very shady of them to take 2 months off of me contract to get $1200 out of me...

• Da
      11th of Mar, 2010

Hi Jennifer,
    I am having the EXACT same problem. I purchased at TV in Sept 2007 with a 0% interest for 36 month offer. I opened my bill this past month and I have been charged accrued interest of almost six hundred dollars. I called up Chase and complained telling them of the offer I had bought into. They did nothing. I found my receipt, but it says no interest until 2010. Chase is saying this means "January", but I KNOW the deal I got, it was definitely 36 months! Since Circuit City is out of business now, what can we do??? I don't have any other proof of my offer, but I know that I had til Sept to pay off my balance without interest!