Chase Check Cashing / charges a fee to cash a chase bank check

United States Review updated:

I received a Chase bank personal check from a friend for the sale of a motor scooter. I went to the local Chase branch in Elizabethtown, Ky to cash it out to insure there were no problems with the check. I was informed that I would need to pay $6 since I did not have an account there even with the check being drawn from them. What a rip off, I know they would not do that to another bank. I love my credit union across the street.

Comments

• Ds
      29th of Apr, 2012

Why didn't you cash it at your credit union where you are a customer?

• Va
      6th of Jun, 2014

I tried to cash an insurance refund check at chase bank, same thing, even though it was a chase bank check they wanted $6 to cash it since I was not a customer. I filed a complaint at the main bank ofiice. I will never use Chase bank for a mortgage or anyting else again.

• Ds
      6th of Jun, 2014

Again. Why didn't you cash it at your credit union where you are a customer?

• Bi
      27th of Sep, 2017

HOW TO GET AROUND CHASE BANK CASHING FEES!
    I am a General Contractor:

I simply took the check back and told the bank manager that I was going back to the check writer and charge them the $8.00 fee 'for not having an account at my bank'. He told me that ‘I didn’t have to do that’….I told him ‘yes I did! I was not going to pay a fee for cashing their member's check when they have already paid $2.00 to $3.00 to obtain and write the check to start with!’ And, ‘this absurd rule of theirs is the one reason I didn’t have an account there. It’s stupid!’ When I took the check back she said she did not know the bank was doing that, and was not going to pay Chase $10.00 or $11.00 every time she write a check. SHE MOVED HER ACCOUNT!
    I have about 25 customers with Chase accounts. Each time I add $8.00 to $10.00 to their estimate to cover their Chase check cashing fee. I am not pay for them to maintain a Chase checking account! Chase cash more than 2, 0000.00 checks yearly ...that's $25, 000.00 a year that we are paying for their members to maintain their Chase checking account. 'WHO DO CHASE THINK THEY ARE? THE IRS! SEND THE FEE BACK TO THEIR CUSTOMER….. DON’T PAY IT!...LET THEIR CUSTOMER DEAL WITH IT!