Chase / check cashing

1 Glendale CaliforniaBurbank, United States Review updated:

Went to Chase on 10/10/16at Rancho Market Place in Burbank CA to cash a check from my husband business account. As I was catching a plane in 3 hours. I supplied signed check and ID.
I informed teller that I didn't have an account at Chase but did tell him I am an officer on the business account.
This teller then proceeded to check if I have an account for 5 minutes finally he said you don't have an account with us. DUH, I informed him of this from the beginning.

Then this teller said he couldn't cash the check, but then stated he could after a new accounts person that knew me said he could but there would be a $8 fee and would need to supply additional ID. He then took another 5 mins. to cash this check.

I knew there would be a fee and I provided all items that were needed from the beginning, but this teller had no idea on how to handle this.

Pa
Oct 10, 2016

Comments

• Pa

Just another complaint board

• Pa
      10th of Oct, 2016

Want to inform of the lack of training

• Wi
      10th of Oct, 2016

Actually, it was handled exactly the right way. Unless you work there, you have no idea what the proper way to handle this situation is, nor whether the training is lax or not.