Chase - Bp Gas Card / fraud company!
The program that Chase offers protecting you against fraud is a fraud its self. Chase failed to contact me when they were the ones putting charges on my account for their "Fraud Protecting Program." When they first told me the about the service I said I was not interested. The refused to cancel it, saying I could not activate my BP gas card, and I could cancel the program at any time. I got my first (any ONLY) statement in the mail saying I owed $9.99 for this program. I called Chase that same day asking them to cancel it, and they claimed it was canceled and I could re-enroll at any time. From then on I never received any other statements.
The gas station I was planning on using my card at closed down, therefore I was never able to make a purchase with my gas card.
A year later I get a call from Viking Collection Agency in MN saying I owed $143.01 on my chase card and if I didnt pay it then it would ruin my credit. I explained that I never made a purchase with the card and asked what the charges were from. They werent able to tell me. So I contacted Chase and they very rudely informed that I was enrolled in their Fraud Protection Program. I told them that I had only gotten one statement which was when I first received my card and I had canceled it right away.
Apparently, they re-enroll you in the program with out our permission after a certain amount of time. They failed to protect my credit like they promised. They couldn't even call me, or send me anything in the mail, or even e-mail to inform me that these charges were building up. If I would have known anything about it I would have canceled the program again. They failed to inform that they re-enroll you, which should be illegal since they didn't have a signature or my permission. Then they expect you to pay the amount owed which is for "protecting your credit" when they are the ones ruining your credit!
I am VERY disappointed with Chase, and I do not recommend them to anyone! They are the ones we need to watch out for, they are the culprits of fraud.
More Chase - Bp Gas Card Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - customer service
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - front desk/ customer service
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - chase marriott card
- Chase.com - brokerage/sole owner; investment/stocks/bonds
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - wrong information from teller