Chase Bank / terrible customer service

1 Spokane, WA, United States Review updated:

Chase is the WORST bank ever. Not only do the employees offer the lowest level of customer service I have ever dealt with but the manager was even worse. It is clear that this BIG BANK could care less who they have employed with them. It is clear that no body values/enjoys their jobs. I even overheard 2 tellers complaining about how they wish it were still WaMu!?!? I told the manager I would be closing me accounts and I was told "sure, take your $16, 000"...apparently you have to have buckets of money to get any respect. Well, I hope that more and more people start to see this bank for who they really are and start taking their "small" accounts elsewhere. My $16, 000 may not amount to something but I hope 100 more people take their $16, 000 out as well. One account may be meaningless but I hope more and more people start closing their accounts as well. Power in numbers.

Why anyone would want to deal with this company is beyond me. When it comes to my finances I need to deal with a bank that respects me and my accounts...regardless of how much money is in there.

Comments

• 7t
      30th of Aug, 2009

We've been account holders with Wamu for over 20 years (before they were Wamu). after the Chase took over I've had 3 serious problems with Chase:

-Terrible customer service; they act as if they were doing you a favor.

- Written communication concerning new fees and procedures are non-existent. When you go to the bank, you find out about the new policy!

-As a customer, they do not back up your money if a merchant makes a mistake on your ATM card.

I will be moving all my accounts to another bank I recommend the same!

1st of Sep, 2009

I agree, today I have a problems with customer service she have very bad attitude and don't listen to customer express. I don't know why Chase have these customer service really unprofessional. I also close the Chase account due to late fee apply not correct. My last 4 digit Card number. 6326.

• Be
      15th of Oct, 2009

I TOTALLY AGREE IM TAKING OUT MY MONEY TODAY...CHASE CAN SUCK MY ###

• Tr
      19th of Oct, 2009

Chase is terrible, not just in consumer banking; but also their mortgage/loss mitigation side. They are staffed with incompetent ###s who only know how to read from a script. The problem is that when you pose a question that is outside of their realm of understanding (not hard to do); they repeat themselves over and over again. I have had a modification request under review since March! Seriously March! Every time I call in I am told that it will be one more week. No wonder why this country's foreclosure rate is through the roof! They were quick to approve all of these home loans and beef up their pockets. Now that the economy is in the tank and job losses are high, they are hiding instead of addressing the problem. What they don't realize is that people will always remember how they were treated in times of hardship. This will not be forgotten

• Be
      3rd of Nov, 2009

Even since they moved everything to chase.com, I've been having problems logging on to my online bank account. I called chase a couple of times, each time I ended up waiting on the phone for MORE than 30 minutes before I lost my patience and hung up. I emailed them and whoever responded must be a single-cell organism.

My sister and I both have chase credit cards. For some reasons, chase was stupid enough to put our accounts together even though we live in different STATES (although our first names are similar). They put two credit cards together under my name but my sister's SSN. So, basically I can't even solve this problem myself even though IT IS OBVIOUSLY THEIR FAULT! Our accounts were fine for a while until don't know how and why, they suddenly merged our accounts together...??!!???!! WTF

I am so done with Chase. I am switching to another bank for both checking account and credit card.

8th of Mar, 2010

Every Credit Card that I have ever had open in THE past 15 years Was taken over by the ### at Chase and/or Chase Home Finance, L.L.C. What a joke this group is as a Business. They have taken over GOOD HONEST CARING COMPANIES without any of US HAVING THE RIGHT TO SAY WE DO NOT WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH CHASE. I AM GOING TO START UP A CLASS ACTION LAW SUITE AGAINST THESE IGNORANT DISRESPECTFUL LYING BACK STABBERS. I FILED CHAPTER 7 BANKRUPTCY AND LISTED ALL OPEN CREDIT ACCOUNTS ON THIS AS I HAD SUFFERED 5 SEVERE ILLNESS'S IN 2008 INCLUDING CANCER. I HAD CONTACTED TRANS UNION CREDIT REPORTERS ABOUT AN ADVERSE ITEM PLACED By 'CHASE'' ON MY DISCHARGED BANKRUPTCY AFTER IT WAS CLOSED. THEY ARE SO CARELESS THEY PUT MY WASHINGTON MUTUAL/CHASE CARD ON THERE AS A COLLECTION ITEM WHICH IS A TOTAL LIE. THE ITEM WAS FULLY DISCHARGED BUT LISTED ON MY CREDIT REPORT WITH THE WRONG COMPANY NAME (BANK ONE) AND I SENT PROOF TO THE CREDIT AGENCY THAT THE BANK ONE WAS PAID OFF AS AGREED YEARS AGO. CHASE HAS VIOLATED SECTION 727 OF TITLE 11 AND TRIED TO MAKE MY CREDIT WORSE WITH A LIE. I HAVE LAWYERS FOR CLASS ACTION @ www.deanerlaw.com and a fantastic NEVADA LEGAL ATTY NAMED BORIS AVRAMSKY ESQ @ 702 655-3618, GOOD LUCK, SAMMI H, harmonyone.sam@gmail.com

• Gk
      25th of Sep, 2010

Chase has got to look over their branches more often... A few days ago, my mother-in-law went to the bank to deposit $8, 100 in cash and accidentally thought she was holding $7, 000 as she normally deposits about $4, 000 a week and she got all confused with her numbers. The teller took the money and instead of counting the cash in front of her, took it back into some room to get it counted and took more than 30 minutes to get it counted than told my mother in law that the amount came to $7, 006. In fact the teller counted the money twice(well the teller claims she counted the money twice in the back of the room) and each time the amount changed. After my mother in law left the bank, the teller personally called back after office hours and said there was a mistake again and said it came to $7, 176. My mother in law thought there was something wrong and remembered after checking her slip where she kept track of the cash amounts in bundles that she wrote the total amount $1, 000 short on the deposit slip. The teller in fact also would have been incorrect with the total amount. So the next morning as soon as the office opened at the bank, she went in and asked to have a look at the security camera to see exactly what happened back in the room as she couldn't sleep at all wondering whether the teller snitched her money. However, the bank refused to show her the tapes and in fact said that even if they dropped a $5 bill in the room while counting they would not show them the tapes. My husband who was with my mother-in-law, got mad as the manager was treating her as if she was a foul creature and demanded to view the tape or else he would take all his accounts and his mothers accounts to another bank but the manager scoffed and told him to do so. What is wrong with this bank???? They should have counted the money in front of my mother-in-law in the first place. How in the world are we supposed to trust this branch when they won't count the money in front of us? If they refuse to count it in front of us, they should at least show us the security camera when the counting procedure is in doubt, should they not? For all we know, the teller snitched a handful of the cash and the manager is trying to cover up the incident to save their necks.

• Rp
      4th of Dec, 2010

Chase lost MY business today. Los Angeles, CA Dec 3, 2010. My girlfriend in Spokane, WA will be closing hers in three days as well. Un- believeable horrid actions by these snakes has left me speechless. HOW is what they are doing legal and HOW LONG does it take for Obama or the government to step in? WHERE ARE THE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT LINKS GUYS!!???

• Sc
      4th of May, 2011

I noticed today that Chase only made it to #9 as one of the most hated companies in the US. I would have bet they would be in the top three. They must be very proud of themselves for all the good they do...epecially for the way they help our military families. Kind of brings a tear to your eye doesn't it? I understand they're also very proficient in letting your deposit sit so they can charge your account for insufficient funds. If you were thinking about financing, especially a mortgage, with them... don't. You can't imagine how underhanded they can be until you go that route. I could make this a running commentary. Hmmm, sounds like a good idea. More tomorrow!!! We'll include some of their players to avoid at all costs.

• Ho
      17th of Nov, 2011

Yes Chase has the most ### customer services. their online software is so buggies that every time you changed password it will reactivated your billing which had been cancel. I had this happens to me a few times and when I called to reported the problem they just don't seem to care. I am switching bank today.