Chase Bank / Pier One / onerous charge for paying a bill
Apparently Chase Bank charges $14.95 for a person to PAY a credit card bill online from your Bank account. Isn't that outrageous? I paid THE ENTIRE $1000+ BILL EARLY since I was going out of town -- I paid it online from my Bank Checking account, as I do all my bills. I then got a bill with this $14.95 charge. When I called "Pier One" -- really CHASE BANK -- they said if I didn't pay it, my credit would be affected because it would be reported. NO OTHER INSTITUTION I KNOW OF CHARGES YOU FOR MAKING A PAYMENT. (It even costs less to process a payment online than it does a check)
The person answering my call was only doing his job. THE MANAGEMENT HOWEVER IS MAKING A POLICY I CONSIDER GREEDY, OUTRAGEOUS, PREYING ON THOSE WHO ARE JUST TRYING TO GET BY, AND WRONG.
SHOULDN'T WE DO SOMETHING ABOUT OUR NATIONAL LAWS AND POLICIES TO CURB SUCH ILL TREATMENT? WE HAVE LAWS ABOUT DIRECT ROBBERY. MAYBE IT'S TIME TO CONSIDER LAWS ABOUT INDIRECT ROBBERY.
CERTAINLY -- TELL AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE ABOUT CHASE BANK... AND ALL THE OFFERS MADE VIA/through OTHER INSTITUTIONS -- UNFORTUNATELY IN THIS CASE -- PIER ONE.
More Chase Bank / Pier One Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - Insuranceclaimcheck.com
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - chase card
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - new checking account bonus - correction to coupon code
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - regarding chase account
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - horrible customer service