Chase Bank / purposeful overdraft?
Here it is. Chase bank extracted from my paycheck direct deposit checking account the amount of $285 in less than one weeks time. I made an $80 withdrawal from my checking account (at the bank mind you) and there was no problem. Of course I wasn't informed that they would be posting and insufficient funds fee to my account in the amount of $70. Their overdraft fee then made my balance in the negative which they have been charging me extended overdraft fees on. So either I was allowed to overdraw my account without being informed. Or they posted fees to my account to purposefully overdraw it in order to charge me additional fees. When I spoke to a manager I became extremely upset and was told I needed to calm down before she could "help" me. I asked her how it was she was going to help me, if not refunding what they took from me illegally. She then told me to call back another time and hung up on me. So this well known upstanding bank is not in it for their customers more like taking their customers paychecks. Not to mention their errors with their online banking in which they posted two $75 payments to my electric company for the same day. Two payments were not posted to my account, but they were on my electric company's bank statement. They had not receieved the funds for the two payments though. So this put me $75 back on the bill for my electric. When I sent an inquiry to Chase, I got a cold email back that was sorry and we're not responsible or liable. So this has been my experience with Chase bank. And the worst part of it, I haven't even been with them for a year.
More Chase Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank - Asking me to pay for their mistake!
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - customer service
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - mobile banking
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - fraud
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - discrimination