Chase Bank / purposeful overdraft?

1 New Philadelphia, OH, United States Review updated:

Here it is. Chase bank extracted from my paycheck direct deposit checking account the amount of $285 in less than one weeks time. I made an $80 withdrawal from my checking account (at the bank mind you) and there was no problem. Of course I wasn't informed that they would be posting and insufficient funds fee to my account in the amount of $70. Their overdraft fee then made my balance in the negative which they have been charging me extended overdraft fees on. So either I was allowed to overdraw my account without being informed. Or they posted fees to my account to purposefully overdraw it in order to charge me additional fees. When I spoke to a manager I became extremely upset and was told I needed to calm down before she could "help" me. I asked her how it was she was going to help me, if not refunding what they took from me illegally. She then told me to call back another time and hung up on me. So this well known upstanding bank is not in it for their customers more like taking their customers paychecks. Not to mention their errors with their online banking in which they posted two $75 payments to my electric company for the same day. Two payments were not posted to my account, but they were on my electric company's bank statement. They had not receieved the funds for the two payments though. So this put me $75 back on the bill for my electric. When I sent an inquiry to Chase, I got a cold email back that was sorry and we're not responsible or liable. So this has been my experience with Chase bank. And the worst part of it, I haven't even been with them for a year.

Va

Comments

19th of Mar, 2008

We are tired of chase bank sticking their fingers in our hard earned money. Taking as little at 10 to 400 dollars from our account. We deposited into the atm and chase bank lost it. We have gone to channel 4 news hoping that they will help us out with exposing what they are doing. This constitutes theft no matter how you look at it. I trusted chase and put money into the atm and they lost it. Now thay have charged 300 in insufficent funds fees. Where does this stop and what do we have to dol we want our money back or we will find as many people that you have done this to and start a class action law suite. It is your choice. You have 24 hours. Then we go to the media and start the process.

We have no faith in you or your bank. Everyone that we have spolen to has dropped the ball and passed it on to someone else.
    the moores.

• Bi
      28th of Aug, 2009

YES TOO MANY FEES OVERDRAFT PROTECTION RACKET FROM CHASE, BANK OF AMERICA STEALING FROM US LITTLE BY LITTLE THEY CARE ONLY FOR THEM SELVES.LIKE THE CREDIT CARD COMPANIES FEES, FEES, CHARGES.ALL TO GET EXTRA PROFIT FROM THE AVERAGE CITIZEN.THEY PRETEND TO HELPFUL BUT REALLY OUT TO GET MONEY FROM US. LISTEN TO THE STORIES ALREADY TOLD ABOUT THE BANKS, CREDIT CARD COMPANIES, BIG CORPORATE INTITIES, THINK ABOUT IT . IS AMERICA ABOUT THE HOME OF THE FREE AND BRAVE OR THE LAND OF THE SLAVE//