Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank / fraud department

Chase denied my claim because they refuse to recognize the sophistication of the hackers who hacked my account and stole several thousand dollars. Someone hacked my account, created a fake payee (using the same name of an already existing payee), with an account number. I thought it was the account payee I created, so of course I was using it to pay my bills. Because of this, chase is refusing to return the money to my account because it was sent from the same IP address. I never denied paying that payee, as I thought it was an account I set up. Unfortunately, the hacker was smart enough to create the exact payee I use, with an account number they had access to, knowing i would pay that account. I've been banking with Chase for 20 years and they are treating me like an idiot. It's unfortunate that the banks are some of the wealthiest institutions in the world but refuse to spend the money keeping up with the level of sophistication the hackers are using today.

Se
Jan 29, 2019

Comments

13th of Mar, 2019

Same thing every other day. Chase ripped and closed my account, but still takes my VA disability and social security checks, while not allow me access. Retiring overseas they don't understand global banking. Sad bunch of grads.