Chase Bank Complaints & Reviews / double charge

United States Review updated:

I am furious, they double charged me over $200.00! My account is now in the negative, and I was hit with hundreds of dollars in fees for being negative, and making purchases with money I did not have. But I have the money, the I was double charged so that's what put me negative. I am freaking out, this is the only bank account I have and I do not know what to do. I called the banking number and talked to numerous people and they told me " you have to fill out a claim form, to prove to us that you did not make the purchase. Then it will be reviewed and investigated and if we find out we did double charge you, and you did not make the purchase, we will give you a credit in 8-12 weeks". Omg can someone please please help me, they stole my money and they will only give me my money back if I jump through hoops for them? And 8-12 weeks?? This is my money. Omg someone please help, what should I do?

Da

Comments

• Sh
      4th of Apr, 2012

Did you make the purchase on April 2 and are you in NY, CT, or NJ? If so, Chase's system had a glitch that caused double charges that day and they are working to reverse those charges (as well as any related fees that you incurred because of their glitch). I would call Chase back and see if you can speak with a supervisor.

• Sh
      4th of Apr, 2012

Please note that if you made a purchase with your Chase debit card over the weeked (March 31-April 1), these transactions were also apparently affected by the glitch.