Chase Bank / closed my account without notice

CA, United States Review updated:

Click on the link to see the full complaint

Comments

• Sh
      Jun 02, 2011
    Chase Loan - Stay away from these guys
    Chase Loan

I have First Mortgage with Chase and Second Mortgage with Chase as well, I fell behind on my Mortgage payments because of the slow economy, (Since I am self employed) I applied for the loan modification for the first and second Mortgage I did not have any difficulty to modify the First Mortgage Loan with Chase. But the 2nd Mortgage loan modification department took my application in August 2008 in December, 2008 they asked for additional documentation that I provided. Now I found out that they have been miscalculating my income as $ 30, 000 A month and my house is being foreclosed in two weeks. And when I call to ask how did they make this mistake no one is there to take the blame and they forward my call to some answering machine. The person I leave the messages for does not even bother to call back. After three weeks constant calling by hours I am turning to you. May be you can help me. And bring it to the attention of others in the similer situation so they do not sit idle and check with their lender to find out what is happening with there loan before it is too late and they loose their house.

• Sp
      Jun 07, 2011

I found an attorney here in New york if anyone is interested, email me

[protected]@gmail.com

• Mk
      Jun 14, 2011
    Chase Loan Modification - Stay away
    Chase Loan Modification

I have First Mortgage with Chase and Second Mortgage with Chase as well, I fell behind on my Mortgage payments because of the slow economy, (Since I am self employed) I applied for the loan modification for the first and second Mortgage I did not have any difficulty to modify the First Mortgage Loan with Chase. But the 2nd Mortgage loan modification department took my application in August 2008 in December, 2008 they asked for additional documentation that I provided. Now I found out that they have been miscalculating my income as $ 30, 000 A month and my house is being foreclosed in two weeks. And when I call to ask how did they make this mistake no one is there to take the blame and they forward my call to some answering machine. The person I leave the messages for does not even bother to call back. After three weeks constant calling by hours I am turning to you. May be you can help me. And bring it to the attention of others in the similer situation so they do not sit idle and check with thir lender to find out what is happening with there loan before it is too late and they loose their house.

• Gr
      Jun 17, 2011
    Chase - Huge late payment fee
    Chase

I asked Chase if I could settle with them and pay my outstanding balance after they hit me with a $220 penalty when I missed a payment and was then two days late on a subsequent payment--this after having paid my monthly bills on time for more than a year. (I owed only $650 before the penalty.) They refused. The reason I missed a payment was because I had switched to paperless billing, hoping to save some trees and a stamp. Chase was collecting for Circuit City. The paper bills always said Circuit City on the outside. The online Chase bill made no mention of Circuit City in the subject line; I simply thought the bill was for my wife's Washington Mutual card which became Chase a couple of months ago after Chase took over that bank. The Chase representative spoke like a robot about the bank not having made any mistake. (I wonder, has Chase taken any bailout money?) The bank clearly engages in deceptive practices and is unreasonable to charge me a penalty of about 30% interest. Also, they cancelled the Circuit City promotion.

Jun 20, 2011
    Chase Bank - Deposit not credited for 4 days
    Puyallup
    Washington
    Chase.com

This complaint is regarding a deposit that was made on Friday, June 17 at 17:51 PDT. My wife went to the local branch to make two separate deposits in the drive thru window. The first deposit went through fine in the amount of $75.00 into account ending 0341. The second was in the amount of $200.00 into account ending 1399. My wife still has the receipts as proof of the deposits. Later that day we checked the accounts online and noticed the deposit in the amount of $200.00 was not shown. The deposit in the amount of $75.00 was shown however. My wife than called me and I also looked for the deposit and could not find it. I told my wife to wait until the next day for the deposit to show. My wife then called customer service that night as she was told to by the branch. She called Chase Bank customer service at the 1800 number for Chase. The Customer Service agent told her she could not help her and transferred her to the Claims department. There my wife spoke to Rose Gonsalez and she also told my wife that there was nothing that she could do for my wife and that she needed to go down to the branch where she made the deposit. I find this very disturbing since every transaction has a transaction ID number to track it with, and they did not ask for this number or use it to track the transaction. So on Saturday, the next day, my wife went to the branch and demanded to speak with a branch manager. She spoke with Brendan and he assured her they would honor any withdrawals since she had to transfer money from another account to cover charges. This is fine, but it still does not explain to what happened to the $200.00 deposit. Brendan told my wife the deposit was still at the branch, and for some reason it has not made it to the central repository to be processed. Brendan treated my wife very well and took care of her, but still could not find the $200.00 in her account. It is now Sunday, three days since the deposit and it is still not shown. It is now Monday and the deposit finally shows a credit after 4 days later.

Chase Bank - Christian
    New York
    New York

Chase froze my account for $10, 000, 000, meaing they put that against my balance, after a poor conversation I had with depost review. The conversatoin was to discuss the fact that all the sudden my pay check was being held out of the blue for some odd reason. They said the account will have the $10, 000, 000 hold against my account until the check was verified. That is absolutely insane and extremely cutthroat. Chase Bank is the WORST!

• Ri
    Chase Card Services - Late Fee
    California

I received my monthly bill from Chase and was surprised to see a late fee as I pay all my bills on time and have for a long time it surprised me. The bill in question must have been lost in the mail. I called their customer service and spoke with a man who was difficult to understand who told me there was nothing he could do regarding reversing the charge. I asked to speak with a manager and was transferred to someone who identified herself as a supervisor. She told me they had their procedures and that lost in the mail could not have happened. I told her that I had the same problem a couple of times in the past with competitors of theirs and the charges were reversed with no problem. I told them to either reverse the charges or cancel my account. She said she was sorry I had to cancel my account. So much for customer retention! They were very unprofessional! My Chase credit account has been closed and I will never do business with them again!

• Jk
      Jun 30, 2011

As soon as you "told her that I had the same problem a couple of times in the past with competitors of theirs'" you admitted to being late paying your bills on time, a couple of times.

• Jk
      Jun 30, 2011

All banks wait a few days until a large deposit check is verified, if you do not have sufficient funds already on deposit to cover the amount.

• Ya
      Jul 16, 2011
    Chase - mortgage modification
    chase
    Florida

My complaint is regarding loan modification processing. My story is quite lengthy and i dont want to submit to this department if this is correct place to do so. We have been applied for modification over two years ago, got approved made payments, still making payments, have proof of all of this and we are getting run around about system not being updated etc etc. Our records look as if we havent paid in over a year and we have, we are getting notices for foreclosures and we have paid every payment on time. We have a file the size of an encyclopedia and we are at our witts end, we dont know where to go for help or what to do. We keep getting the same story about systems not corresponding with eachother. That is the regular chase system and the modification department. We are scared for our home which is ours and we have paid for. Please help us.

• In
      Jul 16, 2011

You are right this is not the right department of Chase to submit such a story, mainly because this is not Chase and nobody wants to hear your [censored] story about how you can not afford your home you purchased, because you bought a couple years ago when the market was good and now blah, blah, blah. ..

• Po
      Jul 25, 2011
    Chase Bank - Beware of Cashier's Checks
    victimsofbankcrimes.com

Reward offered of $10, 000 for the conviction of the Chase Bank officials responsible for their lying, misleading and misrepresenting the truth and facts on the rules and regulations involving a $25, 000 cashier's check. Now is the time to bring these criminals to justice. Please join our cause and put an end to victims of bank crimes.

Please contact: [protected]@hotmail.comJLIB_HTML_CLOAKING for details.

Jul 26, 2011

I agree. That's what we should all do!

• 76
      Aug 16, 2011
    Chase - money issue
    chase
    Pasadena
    Texas

i recently had an issue with chase bank and i am completely disappointed. I went to the local branch to make a deposit through the atm like i normally do and instead of depositing my transaction it completely sucked up my cas money and gave me no receipt, no money back, nothing. I drove up and called right away to the customer service explaining what happened, they in turned said they filed a claim and that I would receive a temporary credit the next day for the amount, do an investigation and notify me. Well, i was relieved because it was going to be resolved and I would hae my money...now here we are 30 days' later they reversed the credit and said I never made a deposit------PURE BS!!! Can u believe the nerve, needless to say, I will NEVER bank with them again. :(

• Ki
      Aug 18, 2011
    Chase Bank Account - Problems with Money
    Chase Bank Account

This is about jhoanne bernal, first left no information about the irs situation and my bank account went into negetive money. was there and chase has no record of the conversation we had about the money being in someones account and then transferd to mine. its fine it goes back i have to wait 14 days plus mail time and a 140 insaficaiant fund thats not right it is what it is. all i wanted to know today was if the money had cleared in my chase bank account or what happened and i spoke to mary j aynes very simply i have never had a person in her position talk like that in my life.

go back and listen to every lie and you will know that some day it will bite you in the foot i will say no more but chase now will never get any lump sum of money from me to do business. you can have enough to pay my light bill.

• Ha
      Aug 19, 2011
    Chase Mortgage - Predetory lending
    24333 Southland Drive
    Hayward
    California
    Phone: 510-293-1951 ext:3

After loosing my job 2 1/2 years ago I contacted them twice for loan modification and I was rejected ( This was through WAMU and Chase home office), Then I got a call from Hayward office about 2 months ago that I was already approved by Genni Mae and the HUD program. I was very suspicious so I asked them what should I bring to our meting and Andre told me: " you don't need to bring anything, even with bad credit score and no job you are already approved because Genni Mae likes you " So I went through the process. They made me open a checking account wiht 25 and asked me to deposit more once the loan is approved and maintain a 2000 balance that would earn money toward my principal every year. I got the account and ATM card but i did not deposit more than $25 yet) . They also charged me $395 for underwriter fee that I paid them. Usually this is part of closing cost and I got suspicious. Anyway after couple of weeks Andre called me and told me that I there is an issue with a late payment on my current home loan, which I was aware of and that's why I had asked him about credit score in the first place. He asked me to drop a note to him saying that the reason I was late was because I was sick. I did send him the emai ( I have a copy of that). Also the late payment was paid in full including all late fe charges and my credit score is already above 750. He got back to me last Thursday while I was on vacation and told me that they did not approve my loan and the only way was to go with full dock and appraisal. Obviously with current home prices this was not going to happen and I felt it's trap for some other fees down the road so I asked for refund on my 395 and he said it's not refundable. I reminded him of our conversation about the credit score and he was not able to give me a convincing answer. I closed my account and walked out of Chase telling them how the banks are up to their old tricks taking money from working people in the economy

• Je
      Aug 30, 2011
    Chase Bank - Account Stolen
    Chase Bank

Dear JP Morgan Chase Bank, I am disputing all of the highlighted charges and fees from Chase Bank. If you will notice all of these charges are via the Internet. I am a single disabled woman on a fixed income. Once again I have been victimized by the system. Yahoo canceled access to my account even to me sighting: “password compromised”. I guess it is almost like closing the barn door after the horse has been stolen, but I was unaware of the problem. When this discrepancy was brought to my attention I immediately changed me password and contacted you. I requested that you cancel my Chase check card and send me a print out of all activity on my Chase Bank account!

• Sh
      Aug 31, 2011

Jellyn: Was actually looking for something else when I saw Chase Bank...Chase Bank and JP morgan are two different or seprate operations and do operate very different.
    Your more right than you know about about Chase Bank" push for your rights!! don't be afraid of these people the branch more than likely made the rip-off. Go to branch manger then regional manger then ceo. Don't let them get you. I know your right because I have two daughters who are stockbrokers or (FAs) at JP Morgan and the bank side Chase will do unbelieveable things so against the law, I don't even want to know it myself. I see what goes on from inside out and we have taken all our accounts out of the Bank there at chase. contact the regional manger or higher, there are many just like you.

• El
      Aug 31, 2011

Shell, your rant makes no sense.

OP, hopefully you contacted Chase to dispute the charges that were fraudulently made on your account. Not just post a complaint on this site. Your personal issues have no bearing, as it can happen to anyone and it isn't any worse when it happens to one party than another. ANYONE and EVERYONE needs to file a claim. It is your money and the bank will fight to get it back for you, if you use the right procedure.

How Yahoo is related to a Chase fraudulent charge complaint is unclear.

• Ki
      Sep 01, 2011
    Chase Home Loan - Fraud
    Chase Home Loan

HI, I had been on Chase Loan Modification like over a year and a month now and finally they turned me down last week and left me some over due payments. they asked and I provided all the documents and such and on and on... but they turned me on. what the hack are they trying to do? I dont understand why and seek for the answer but no one seem to help me out. I am strongly request for someone that really good and know what they are doing to save my home and I am willing to work with them... chase is a robber from homeowner !

• Je
    Chase Bank - Surprise Fees
    Mount Vernon
    Washington
    chase.com

I opened a free business checking account with washington mutual (WAMU) about 5 years ago. "Free" being the keyword here. When chase took over my account was still free, however, more Recently they started taking $15 per month out of my account without my authorization. They say that they sent a letter, however if I had received the letter I would have immediately left chase bank since it is greatly inferior to WAMU (the bank I started out with in the first place). Since I have been out of work (both business and employment) for about 4 years there is little activity on my account and I rarely log onto the chase.com website to view my balance. When I finally did, I was astonished that they are able to steal money from american citizens. Chase can resolve this by refunding my money which they have thus far refused to do. Do yourself a favor and clear out your chase.com accounts and move to a credit union that has esteem for clients and doesn't rip off unemployed people that are struggling to make it.

• Pa
      Sep 09, 2011

that explains why they have such huge profits; ripping off Americans

•   Sep 09, 2011

I have 2 accounts at Chase. Never have had a fee taken out. Didn't when it was Great Western, or WAMU either. With direct deposit, fees are generally waived. Only time I pay a fee is if I use a non-Chase ATM.

• Ai
    Chase Bank - Avoid at any cost guys
    Chase Bank

Well we have been a long time credit card holder through Circuit City. Well when they went out of business Chase Bank took over their accounts. We recently got our tax return and paid half of the card off (Yeah it was nearly maxed out). Well nearly immedietely my credit limit was cut in half keeping me at my max so they can report it to the credit agencies that I am maxed out once again. Well after speaking with them I chose to close the account and make minimun payments until the card was paid off. Well then they come up with some 3 year same as MONEY deal that had expired and so I had to come up with $1, 200 by the next payment or I would be late and therfore have a negative remark on my credit. So basically they lowered my credit limit, charged be some made up fee, and then charged me an additional fee because them lowering my credit line place me over my credit limit. Seriously? CHASE BANKS IS A BUNCH OF SCAMMERS! PLEASE DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. THEY ARE GOING TO CONTINUE SCREWING THIER CUSTOMERS RIGHT AND LEFT BECAUSE THEY MAKE UP RULES STATING THEY CAN. SCREW CHASE BANK, BECAUSE THEY SCREW US!

• Fi
      Sep 25, 2011
    Chase Auto Inc - Refused to pay for damaging my car
    Chase Auto Inc

Chase auto Inc on their letter dated April 14, 2009 is confirming that the car didn't have any damage prior to March 25, 2009, I agree with them because I inspected the car that morning of March 25, 2009, when I agreed to purchase the car from them because the car had no damage, now the car was under their watch and responsibility until after 7 PM on March 25, 2009, they moved the car to be cleaned, they moved it around the lot or even outside the lot, I wasn't there to see what happen but the only thing I know is that the car sustained a substantial damage on the passenger side while on their watch, so when we picked up the car that evening after 7 PM March 25, 2009, common since is that the dealer will do a walkthrough to make sure everything is as described, otherwise he made as sign all those documents in a speed way and hand me the key, the car was in a dark area of the lot, we were so tied after leaving work we had to travel for more than one hour in a bad traffic, we couldn't think strait and check the car again, the next day I found out that the car has substantial damage on the passenger side, also the car has a damaged front suspensions witch I mentioned to Chase auto but they never took care of it, he promised me a second key never delivered, he promised me a remote control but he give me a none working one, he promised to replace one mirror but he didn't, he told me that the car comes with a 90 days warranty but then charged me $ 90 for that.

Repairing the, damage by a professional shop, with repainting the car, will cost $3000.

And finally he pocketed $278.82 Dollars plus $58.50 Dollars for License and registration fees back on April 23, 2009 today is 05/18/09 my license plate and registration didn't arrived yet, when he told me 2 weeks ago that it was in the mail, my impression is that he's withholding my Taxes that he told me he will pay to the treasury for more than 3 weeks and my temporary tags are expiring on 5/25/09 when I'm traveling to another state on the 23th and coming back the 26th a day after my temporary tag would have expired, this is an abuse of power that needs some attention from the proper authority.

Chase auto is legally responsible to repair the damage, Mr. Patrick is playing with words in his statement, when he sad and quote "our cost" could mean that they pay for it and also just what it will cost them as a dealer, when I called him the next day he told me that he will check to see what happen but he never called me back, I was about to return the car to him when I called him again two days later, but he assured me that he will take care of the problem the day when I bring him the payment, when he sad and I quote " we will kill two birds with one stone "end quote. Now Chase auto must repair my car, and fulfill all his promises and obligations including the payment of my sales tax, that he's using as a leverage to make me drop my charges.

• Ri
      Sep 27, 2011

I agree with what I have been reading on here. Chase Auto Custom Finance has bery bad customer service representatives who seem like the job is a joke. The year has been very tough for me and has gotten even tougher as it keeps going on. Well I want to say this lady calls and calls me regarding a payment, and she cant even speak english barely. Like seriously if you are going to call a customer then call them and speak very fluent in that language. Then dont just leave rude voice mails and practically screaming over the phone, and you can't even pronounce her own name. Even the office manager doesn't have the balls or guts to return my calls so I took the complaint to coporate and when I get my bill it so late its not even worth looking at. If you want call this number 1-408-467-7625 at the San Jose, California branch. In her voice mails the name she says is Bella and on her voice mail her name is Madeline Rodriguez, her extension is 89103. The Office manager is Jason, who is not a good manager either. This is poor custsomer service. I hope I get this lady fired.

• El
      Sep 29, 2011

You said the fee was 'interested'. Please clarify. It should also state on your bill what the fee was for. Credit card or bank account?

Did the girl say she would credit that particular fee? And did she credit it? Did she say the fee would no longer apply to your account ( however, if it is a valid fee, most reps will give a one time credit but cannot waive future fees. Based on part of your complaint, it sounds like that may be the case).

• Lc
      Oct 13, 2011

Chase banking has been efficient ever since I joined their clients years ago, but as of late the bank has begun to decrease in quality service and control. I was recently over drafted due to the banks inability to "foresee the transaction" as well as maintenance and black out times. All this came down to a purchase going through and the failsafes I set in place to prevent it not preventing it. The bank claims that it is never a bank error and trusting in their warning systems is flawed. Something no one would really like to hear from a bank. I'm extremely dissatisfied with Chase. I owe them a fee now and they refuse to even admit fault let alone help.

• Ho
      Nov 01, 2011
    Chase Bank - Refusal to correct billing errors
    Chase Bank

2/16/10 $36.00 payment not paid.

2/16/10 $39.00 late fee added to account by company.

2/27/10 March bill rec'd with payment due 3/19/10 of $112.00 (Feb, March, and late payment for Feb. of $39.00 = $112.00).

3/13/10 called; asked for late payment to be removed. Removed by someone named David leaving March payment of $73.00 ($112.00 - $39.00 = $73.00). Mailed $80.00 money order which they say was received 3/15/10 - 4 days before due date.

3/25/10 Rec'd April bill which does not remove $39.00 late payment from prior month's bill, adds late charge, and threatens to charge more interest plus has trippled monthly payment amount. This is unconstitutional and unfair.

This company refuses to reduce the usurus interest rate and will not deal fairly with its customers. Need information about filing charges for relief.

• Fi
      Nov 02, 2011
    Chase Bank - I would definitely be interested in hearing from you
    Chase Bank

Chase told me on Feb 8 that I could not pay three past due and one current house notes by phone debit, that I would have to pay in person at local Chase branch with cashiers ceck for $2, 720.28 so I did. Then I got my FUB statement March 4 and saw that Chase had debited the FUB account for that same amount (plus $20 PBP fee) Feb 11 after telling me that could never be done. They acknowledged receipt of the cashiers check Feb 10 had paid past due notes by generating a new, second, loan statement dated Feb 10 that reflected past due notes paid as well as March, which wasn't due yet.

When I called March 4 they insisited I had to have authorized the phone debit because they wouldn't have the account and routing numbers. I asked why I would have given those numbers if I was told I could never pay by phone debit again? They had the numbers still on their computers from a failed Jan 27th phone debit I had authorized for $1, 760 that was NSF-- and that NSF was the reason they told me they could no longer accept phone debits from me. It's all on the phone recordings they make of each call. I was told I could not pay that way and I had to pay by cashiers check.

Chase arbitrarily phone debited my account after telling me they could not accept phone debits and they applied a portion of that second amount to the March payment and the rest, $2, 097 (minus $20 PBP fee) they arbitrarily applied to "equity" instead of future notes!

When I called on March 4 I demanded all of it back but was told that the March payment could not be refunded under any circumstances, so I finally gave in on that point, but was told that to get the rest back I would have to send Chase my confidential FUB bank statement to their Research Department to prove "beginning and ending balances"--- as if I had to prove anything when they did this to me and they had a complete trail of computer transactions and phone recordings of them doing it to me!

Debiting my account without my knowledge or authorization HAS to be illegal, is it not? The Chase rep on March 4 insisted I had authorized this, and failing that, she insisted I had to have previously set up an autodraft agreement with Chase from that account for them to have the numbers. I never set up any kind of autodraft agreement with Chase from this account. I had pre-authorized (on Jan 20) the ONE TIME PBP debit for $1, 760 for Jan 27 that was NSF, so that's where they got the numbers, which I understand they are NOT supposed to keep on their computers.

I sent them my written accounting of the whole ordeal along with the documentation they demanded, including my account statement, March 11 and have not received any kind of resolution to this and I need that money to pay notes and bills!

I would love to sue Chase for what they took and for taking it at all, plus sue them for the incredible stress they have caused me, as well as for attorney fees and court costs. If any law firms read this and are willing to take this on a contingency, I would definitely be interested in hearing from you.

• Zi
      Nov 16, 2011
    Chase Bank - High Interest
    West Virginia

When my credit card company went out of business, Chase bought my account. I had closed my account, and they will not lower my interest. Instead they want me to get another credit card, knowing I am under ID theif. My payments are 40.00 dollars, I send in 80 dollars, and thank goodness I do, for they take 32 dollars for interest. It is not going down as fast s it should. When I call and ask them why it is not going down, their reply is you just don't see it. No, I don't. If I was straving Chase would be the last bank on this earth I would apply for. Chase Bank has been sued with issues, and I can understand why. Be smart stay away from Chase.

• Mr
      Nov 16, 2011

You are paying 20% to 30% interest. Of course your balance won't go down. Almost all the other credit cards have the same rates. Your best bet is to pay off your balance in full.

• Ra
      Nov 26, 2011

Guys, Bigger than this happened to me this week. Chase needs an class action law suit. I will be filing for my issue in small court. I won't get any money, but Bank needs to know that they can't mess up people's life over Bank's mistake. If we as consumer keeping the money has Bank, Banks has some responsibilities to talk to your before closing your accounting without a reason or notice.
    Chase bank got a lot of technical issues, to hide their technical issue they end the relation with the customer to close the account. As they don't have to report closed account.

• Re
      Dec 21, 2011
    Chase Bank - Creditor fraud
    Chase Bank

Chase was my wife's credit card when they bought Washington Mutual which was Providian before. She had the account for 9 years and paid it in full in Oct 2011. just afterward the card was highjacked by the company. Chase put my nephew ( who was at the time, merely an authorized user) as the Primary card holder proceeding his bankruptcy.Chase did mention a Kansas law. However I suspect there are a view they have overlooked.
    After much active investigation chase refused to talk with my wife because now that they have made my nephew the primary, it is against policy for them to even talk with her. Further more there policy excludes her from talking with the fraud dept. at chase because she is not the primary card holder after 9 years.
    Convenient. Its an outrage.
    I have to wonder if this is happening allot? And if so, is it a way for Chase to get paid twice on the same account as creditors will often sell paper debt. However this debt was paid off days before nephew's bankruptcy, so in this case, it would seem fraudulent however possible. After all the only thing that is required is a piece of paper in order to make thousands of dollars. If you are JP Morgan that is.

We want our money back or our card back!

• Si
      Jan 12, 2012

Hi there. Talk to me. Is there anything we can teach them a lesson? They close my business account last year stating I had to much cash deposits (which reason i was able to find after dealing with them for couple of months and reporting them to BBB) . Last month they close my personal account. No reason. Is there anything we can do about this. This is a bad think that happens. Make us look like idiots when checks can not go thru. I love they service, but I hate their actions. Closing account with no reason. Looks like we got no rights. Anybody has idea email me at [protected]@yahoo.com

•   Jan 12, 2012

Ooh...I'd love to talk to you. About anything other than banking...And i have plenty of ideas siwydan13. Silly, silly boy posting your email address on a public website...

• Ak
      Jan 24, 2012
    Chase Bank - This withdrawal was made without my knowledge or consent
    Chase Bank

This withdrawal was made without my knowledge or consent. When I discovered and called about it I was told a $279. balance remained on an account I had closed in 2004. I was never contacted about an remaining balance due this bank. The withdrawal was made a couple of weeks before Christmas and because of their sneaky and underhanded practice, we had NO Christmas last year. I live on $1000 a month social security check and had no room in my budget for this withdrawal. I asked for proof that I owed this money and nothing was produced to prove it was my debt. I asked also that they report the payment of this debt to the credit reporting agencies; I received a letter stating they notified ChexSystems, which is NOT any of the 3 major credit reporting agencies. I'm really ticked off that they can badmouth me to a CRA and then it's up to me to provide proof of payment for a 6 year old (maybe fraudulent) debt.

I've read some of the stories and decided to open a new account with Toronto Dominion. I've heard good things about them from their customers.

Jan 25, 2012

Chase Bank is a collection of greedy liars and thieves avoid them at all costs!

• Ic
      Feb 01, 2012

I AM SURE THEY CONTACTED YOU, AS A CONSUMER YOU SHOULD ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK YOUR STUFF. OR KEEP THE POSSIBILITY OPEN THAT IT MAY HAVE BEEN IDENTITY THEFT.

• Ic
      Feb 01, 2012

MAYBE YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THAT YOUR CREDIT IS THE REASON THE LIMIT WENT DOWN AND NOT THE BANK. MAXED CARDS MEANS BAD CREDIT. . IM ASSUMING U HAD TO MAX YOUR CARDS FOR A REASON. BAD FINANCIAL SITUATION IM ASSUMING. ITS OK TO ADMIT DEFEAT.