Chase Bank / closed my account without notice

CA, United States Review updated:

Click on the link to see the full complaint

Comments

• Bs
      Dec 09, 2010
    Chase Home Mortgage - Wrongful Foreclosure
    Chase Home Mortgage
    11082 Oak View Rd
    Delaplane, Virginia

In the past 3 years, my wife and I both expericned job layoffs, and wife is still unemployed for past 2 years, while my contract work was sporadic for about 18 months. We got behind on everything. COntacted Chase and ask for entensions and help. They placed us on what they called their "Mortgage Remodfication program". In this program we were to only make $1900 a month of the $2400 /month mortage which is all we could do. We kept extreamly good notes about every phone call and discussion we had with reps over a 12 month period while they seemed to just drag the whole thing out, said they lost our paperwork and had to resubmit 2 seperate times. All the while we had no idea they never did anything with our paperwork, then around July of 2010 we received a floreclosure notice out of the blue with notice of a short sale to be performed in just 14 days from the date of the letter!!! We were taken totally by surpise, and they said we had no recourse other than pay up the past due ammounts along with fees and lawyer fees. We were very lucky to have a gracious friend who loaned us the 25K we needed to stop the short sale. We paid the fees in a cashier's check at the laywer's office (McFadden) in Richmond VA in person. We received a receipt that stated the loan was reinstated and all fees paid in full. Exactly 2 months afterward, our mortgage was sold off to IBM's new mortage company. Now they are sending us notices that there are outhstanding fees from Chase of $1900 that we need to settle on. I mailed them copies of our receiprt which clearly shows ALL Fees Paid in Full and mortgage loan reinstated in good standing. Now I have to pay another attorney to fight these bogus fees. I have proof of all this, and very very good notes from the entire year of totally bogus/fraudulent Mortgage Modification Program. We are just struggling now to hold on in major catch-up mode, and have no more $$ for another attorney. Very much a catch 22 situation and no could give a damn just like the other millions of people out there getting screwed by their mortgage company and have no recourse. This is a sad state of affairs for the USA, I guess the terrorists are winning their econimic war on America since they own the banks!

Jan 03, 2011
    Chase - Charges $30 Fee to Find out Loan Payoff
    Chase

Chase requires a $30 fee to find out my mortgage payoff balance. What happened to the good old days when we received a statement mailing after sending in each mortgage payment, telling us the balance each month? Maybe the mailing cost them money, and I understand stopping the mailing, but they should provide the info free of charge, or, ideally access to the info online, which the rep said is not available to us. How do I know I'm not being charged even after my loan is paid off? I suppose it's always buyer beware -- I should have been keeping a running mortgage balance tally on my own anyway.

• Di
      Jan 06, 2011
    Chase Bank - customer service
    New York

I have been banking with chase bank from last 3 years and my experience with them is the worst of all, The customer service takes for ever to answer and once they answer the call, they dont pay attention to customer problem they transfer the call to diffrent branch or location .. and then it goes on ...
    I deposited my pay check in last week of december and its been more than a week and still not cleared ...when i call the branch they refuse to talk to me about my own account and hang up the phone ...
    All i wanted to know was why my check is not cleared .
    I am going back to my old bank which i was not happy( CITI BANK ) But comparing to chase they are much better in customer service .

• Cm
      Jan 06, 2011

Had a similar experience. Closed out my account with them after they lost $4000 of checks. They accidentally deposited the money into a wrong account but it took them over a week to track it and during that time I did not have the money in my account. They did not really apologize and it was like pulling teeth to get them to refund any overdraft fees I accumulated during that time when my money was "lost". Very bad customer service and don't know how they stay in business operating this way.

• St
      Jan 07, 2011

Chase did the same account closure without notice to me as well. I had gone to the bank and made a deposit on December 30, 2010, gotten some cash back, had an ample funds in my account for any pending transactions. I then went to use my debit card and it was declined. I checked my account balance (which had in excess of $2000 available) and when I tried to use the card again, it was declined. I called the "customer service number" only to be informed that Chase had decided to end their relationship with me. I then found that they had paid paid a check on December 30, 2010 and then reversed the payment on December 31, 2010 despite having the funds to cover the check. Typical corporate B.S. without any accountability.

• Ka
      Jan 24, 2011
    Chase - refinance billing for no service

like other complaints on this website, mine is with chase mortgage. I called them and inquired about a refi (current chase customer) I agreed to the rate on a recorded line with the specific understanding that they would email me the documents to sign the next day or we would have to re negotiate (the lender rep was jesus arondane who told me he "thought" the paperwork would be prepared on time to get it out the next day. It didnt come for 2 days. Rates were lower then. I called back and talked to shelli to renegotiate. they couldnt match the other offer I had. They charged me $395. I am in the process of a complaint with their corporate office. I will resubmit the results on this website

• Sj
      Feb 01, 2011
    Chase Bank - Unauthorized Calls
    Chase Bank

I am an investigator with the law firm of Meyer & Associates and am investigating a potential case against Chase Bank. If you have experienced unwanted calls to your cell phone and would like to assist in our investigation please call Shelly at 614-384-7030 or email [protected]@dmlaws.com.

• Sh
      Feb 08, 2011
    Chase Bank - Beware
    Chase Bank

I opened an Account with Chase. they carged me $25.00 anual fee for using my DEBIT card as a Credit to earn REWARD POINTS. so I did

after few months I was a victim of ONLINE SCAM. I called Chase to Dispute the Charges. They said. I was lied to.

the debit card dispute is not same as CREDIT CARD DISPUTE. and I lost $305.00 relying on CHASE BANK. they let the Crooks take my money even after they verifyed the Scam.

CHASE BANK SPENDING ALL THAT MONEY FOR TV. ADD TO PROMOTE THIER DEBIT CARD

JUST TO MAKE MONEY FROM SIGNATURE COMMISSION. YOU HAVE NO PROTECTION BY USING THE DEBIT CARD. if you get scamed. it is your loss.

ADVISE: Use your Credit card. you are protected. *** with chase Debit card. I never going to use it again. also closing my account at CHASE.

they are siding with the crooks and scam artist.

• Al
      Feb 08, 2011

dont let yourself get scammed (like most complainers here let happen) and you wont have that problem...

• Wi
      Feb 09, 2011
    Chase Morgage Company - Loan Modifaction
    439 Austin Drive
    Fairless Hills
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 267-393-3930
    [protected]@aol.com

I have applied to Chase for 18 months for a loan modification. My monthly payments are 2, 265.00 a month. My wife was injured at work and has been out of work for the past 9 years. And will not be returning due to the injury. I am working two full time jobs and a part time job. I am asking for the mortgage company to do a loan modification. To take what I am behind and put it to the rear and allow me to start making the payments again. If they can do something with the payment it would be great and help out even more. But I just do not want to lose my home. Every time I think we are getting close I am asked to fill out all the paper work again. Or send in more paper work that I have already sent in. I have sent in all the paper work Chase has asked for 8 different times in the past 18 months. I will be sending in again more paper work they are asking for that I have already sent in.

Sincerly
    William L Renson

Feb 24, 2011

I had multiple personal and business accounts with Chase. I tried using my debit card to pay for a transaction at a restaurant knowing I had a significant balance. My card was declined. When I called Chase I was given the run around and transferred to "account specialists" in India then in Thailand. I grew very frustrated and asked to talk to an American, they put me on the phone with a rude man and we argued for awhile. I awoke to an alert that my account balance was negative 9 million dollars. When I called they told me " they were ending the relationship with me." I called my personal banker and they said they would release my funds in 30 days. I grew irate with the banker and went to the branch with the police because in essence they stole my money. They cashed me out, but filed an order against me banning me from stepping foot on Chase property. I have never seen such horrible customer service in my life, I was only looking for answers, but they have the rights to do whatever they wish to do. They received the most bailout money and they foreclose on homes left and right, they outsourced all of their telephone banking to Asia. What a ### company.

Feb 25, 2011

those people in India are the most rude customer service reps of any company i have ever did business with, I
    will never do business with them and am closing my account, you try to make them understand what you are
    calling about and all they do is over talk you- Chase Bank is the worst bank on the planet

Feb 25, 2011

Chase bank hires reps in India who know nothing about customer service, their rude and overtalk their customers,
    Chase is the worst of all banks in customer service, you never can talk to anyone in the usa unless you go to a local branch

• Au
    Chase Credit Cards - Scam
    Chase Credit Cards

I noticed my WaMu credit card was about to expire yet I had not received a new card from Chase. I called and was told my account had been closed. When I asked why I was told by someone in India that they ran my credit report probably and decided not to extend credit after the expiration date. I had been an excellent cardmember since 2005. Then I noticed that my interest rate was bumped from 24% to 31%. I call SCAM. I subsequently closed all my Chase accounts so they're ultimately the losers. Be warned

• Fa
    Chase Credit Cards - Fraud
    Chase Credit Cards

I had a large credit limit with Chase, once upon a time, that has been reduced each time I pay a large amount to the creditor. I pay $500, they reduce the credit line by $1, 000. I pay $1, 000, they reduce it by $500. Chase increased my APR to 29.99%. Wow. I called to have it reduced. Someone from a call center had it reduced to 27.24%. Hmm. So, I paid the balance down to less than half the credit limit. I called to have the APR reduced. They reduced the credit limit and did not reduce my APR. I have never been late on any payment, ever, with any creditor or bank or anything.

None of my other 3 creditors have done anything like this so I was amazed, disappointed, and very angry.

So, I called *** *** ****. I spoke with someone in Executive Services and explained my situation. They put my on the line with someone from lending and stayed on the line. After 35 min and 49 seconds, they could not do anything for me.

They said that my payment history was good and that the amounts paid were exceeding the minimum. They then said that because of my debt to credit ratio, I could not have my APR reduced. It was a circular conversation, but a pleasant one.

I want to pay down my credit card quickly, but I need to have a reduced APR. Chase will not reduce my APR because my debt to credit ratio is too high. I cannot improve my debt to credit ratio because each time I pay down my debt, they reduce my credit.

• Da
    Chase Credit Cards - Bad service
    Chase Credit Cards

On 10/15/2010 I paid my Credit card in full.
    I tried today to use my credit card and said it was declined. I find out that they charged me fees that I wasn't aware of and canceled my account for a balance of $80.32, that shouldn't be there since I paid the balance in full.
    They didn't called me or sent me any letters.

I called for an explanation and they said my account was closed and they said There was nothing they can do.

• Mi
    Chase Credit Cards - Not paid
    Chase Credit Cards

I have had a merchant dispute in July, 2010. I had purchased a Car off Ebay. I paid the "down-payment, " for $500 needed within 24 hours by Ebay rules. The merchant sent me the bill and was charging me an extra $150 for administrative charges that were not listed on EBay. I called the EBay Customer Service and I received written confirmation that the offer did not list the extra $150. The suggested I cancel the order. I called the merchant to ask them to wave the $150 and told them of what EBay suggested. I told them if they would not wave the administration fee, I would cancel the order. They just said cancel the order. After going through 5 months of credit card disputes, I sent an email to the merchant I would sue them in small claims court for total damages of $1, 400 that included all the time I had invested in resolving this situation. They told me they would return my deposit if they had actually got paid. I sent a summary top Chase and they told me that if the merchant was going to credit my account, within 75 days of paid, they would let them just credit me back and they would refuse the purchase dispute. Now, I still do not have any guarantee that I will ever get paid by the merchant and I will be getting stuck with the interest for $500 over 6 or more months. Chase needs to held accountable but I don't know what the best thing to do is.

• Pi
      Mar 05, 2011

i hate chase bank they are a crook. they want me to pay for something that i had no idea they was paying. i told them i never game them permission to take money out off my account to pay anything but they dont want to listen. all they did was sent it to collection and charge me more for what it was. so all i am going to say is go straight to hell you stupid company and hope yall go bankrupt

• Da
      Mar 17, 2011

Chase has withheld my funds after opening a new account and would not give reason. I even deposited cash and they didn't tell me i would not be able to access the money.

• El
      Mar 19, 2011
    Chase - Fees
    JP Morgan Chase
    New York

Few years ago, I've decided to close out my Chase check account and open in another bank, Independence bank. Then became Washington Mutual, then Chase. It's like I swam, swam, and died at the beach!!
    These big shark banks such Chase, Citibank, do not give a chance for the small banks to help our communities, leaving those people, who lives paycheck to paycheck paying the most fees, and can't afford to meet their requirements with a balance over $1, 500.00 .
    About 10 years ago, my neighborhood, had about 3 community banks, now they are all gone, and all I have around within 3 miles area, 3 Chase Banks and 2 Citibank.
    Time changes, you can't bank the old fashioned way anymore. Now we use computers. It's suppose to be cheaper, but their fees are soaring. It's insane you have to pay these banks to keep your money. It's not like you money it's just sitting there, they are using them to make billions and trillions ( They don't talk about millions anymore) of dollars
    10 years ago you've seldom we've heard about trillions. Now quadrillion start to debut.
    I wish we could do something about it

Yesterday I used my old Wamu account (under chase)

• Cp
      Mar 21, 2011
    Chase - Change of business practices
    JPMorgan Chase Bank
    Washington
    chase.com

Being charged $120.00 a year service fees for an exsisting account in good standing just because Chase changes their "account" processes. We opened a checking account to be compliant with a Home Line of Credit with Washington Mutual Loans, this was a "no cost" account as long as it had a direct deposit to the account on a regualar basis. We directed a small portion of my husbands weekly paycheck to this account to satisfy this one and only requirement. When WA Mutal was bought out by Chase, the transition seemed seemless at the beginning. Fast forward a few years later, Chase changes their business practices and is now charging a service fee per month for all accounts that do not have and average $1500.00 per mouth checkining balance, or a direct deposit of $500.00, not a collective 500.00 but and individual direct deposit, or $5, 000. 00 in savings. The portion we had directly deposited complied with the payment requirements but is less than the "single' deposit amount now required. I can see if our account had any issues during it's 5 years in existance however, not a single flaw has taken place in our account the entire time we have had it. If we close the account our LOC will be increased by a percentage point also costing additional money. It is offensive a banking institution would have such disregard for their customers, when Bank of America changed a simular account some years ago, they recognized their error and corrected the account. Chase will not make any concessions for any account in good standing. My suggestion is to look elsewhere for your banking needs.

• La
      Mar 21, 2011
    Chase Bank - way i was treated
    chase bank
    polk and 67
    Dallas
    Texas

I went into this bank i wasn't close to my banker they treated me like I came in there to rob them the had people all around me asking me the same question like they were checking my paycheck to see if it was good. I was dirty because i was at work I have never been treated this bad at any other chase bank than this one. My name is Larry Scott I live at 155 cowboys pkwy. apt. 2011 irving texas

• Mr
      Mar 26, 2011
    Chase Auto Finance - NON PROFESSIONAL REPRESENTATIVES
    CHASE AUTO FINANCE
    Springfield
    Illinois

I have sent Chase Auto Finance a formal complaint letter concerning the way their representatives handle calls to customers. I am done with dealing with Chase Auto Finance. If I could I would be refinancing my car loan with another company. Yes, I will admit this past year has been very difficult and yes, my payments have been late. But that gives no right for their employees to belittle, harass, badger, etc. their customers. My next step is to file a formal complaint with the BBB. I do not recommend anyone using Chase for any type of business!!

• Un
      Mar 29, 2011

I agree with you 100 percent...Chase ripped me off due to a fraudalent merchant 2 years ago due to their ineptitude and they are still trying to make me pay for it!! They have turned the debt over to a collection agency, which even if I had the money I would not pay!!! They are crooks and liars!!! Yet, they are still in business and still ripping people off!!

Apr 04, 2011
    Chase Bank - Minimum Balance Fees
    Chase Bank

Classic case of 'the rich get richer'.
    So, I've recently been notified by Chase that if I do not carry a minimum balance of $1500 and/or have at least one direct deposit of $500 monthly, than they are going to charge me a $12 fee each month. What a crock of [censored]!!! So they are going to penalize those of us that are living paycheck to paycheck. The poor get poorer.

• Ne
      Apr 05, 2011
    Chase Bank - Usury & Worst Customer Service
    Chattanooga
    Tennessee

Once upon a time I had a Providian credit card; I never went over limit; I never paid late or bounced checks; I always paid more than the minimum and NEVER had a problem. Providian was bought by Washington Mutual (WAMU) and same story and guess what, NO PROBLEMS. Chase buys WAMU; NOW WE HAVE PROBLEMS! They immediately reduced my credit line, jacked up my interest rate and tripled my minimum payment. I still continued to never pay late, go over limit, etc. I finally paid the statement off 100% (or so I thought). I knew depending on the statement drop, that I might have a small interest payment to make. I did pay the interest payment of $193. Now it SHOULD be a ZERO BALANCE right? WRONG, we're talking about CHASE here. 3 days after the second PAYMENT IN FULL (for the interest charge), I found another charge of $153 on my online statement. That means CHASE IS CHARGING ME INTEREST OF $50. PER DAY FOR A ZERO BALANCE. When I called to get an explanation, all they say is that it is my fault that the interest rate is so high and that the remaining $153 was interest from FEBRUARY. You cannot reason with them--they are evil and soul-less criminals. I will NEVER USE OR BUY A CHASE PRODUCT EVER AGAIN. Warn your friends, family, loved ones and strangers on the street. What a racket--Usury laws in TN are 24% and they were charging me 31.99%. They can't be touched because each state allows credit card companies to charge what they wish without penalty or usury. DISCOVER and AMEX didn't treat me like that (and yes, I now have zero balances on every credit card).

• Po
      Apr 05, 2011

A lot of banks are getting rid of free checking, especially with the possibility of debit/credit card fees getting transferred to them. It really isn't that big of a deal.

• Im
      Apr 14, 2011
    Chase Bank - Out of Control fees - unwarranted
    Chase

A company that I am on direct debit with, put my payment through 3 days early, resulting in numerous overdraft charges.
    Contacted my bank and said that I should just deal with it, pay it, there was nothing they could do.
    How is this possible? The company that took my payment won't do anything about it either.
    I'm not sure what recourse I have here, should I go through small claims?
    I have already paid the charges to the bank, but I'm disgusted with this whole thing and don't feel like I should be penalized for this idiocy on the part of the company that took the payment early.
    Shouldn't I have been able to dispute this charge? Shouldn't I have been able to do something through my bank to have this post on my acct withdrawn?

• Pa
      Apr 16, 2011
    Chase Bank - Steeling my money
    Midwest Hot Rods Inc
    Illinois

Switched to chase bank payment tech for my credit card prossessing and payment tech taken $30, 000.00 dollars of mine on march 3rd and will not give it back, I earned the money, not them, they told me they will prosess the money upon inspection of our business upon there convienence

• St
      Apr 22, 2011
    Chase - Foreclosure Fraud-Class Action Suit
    Chase Home Finance, LLC

We are starting Class Action Suits against all the banks. The first bank/assignee is Chase Home Finance, LLC and JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.. We are including Fraud, Breach of Contract, Misrepresentation, Securities Fraud, Counterfeiting of Note, Violations of Banking Regulations, Fraudulant Robo-signers, etc. We are seeking all foreclosures to be removed into this Fed. Class Action suit and RTO's and Injuntion to halt the foreclosure until the class is certified to have the cases removed from your county or state court into the Fed. Class Action, Quiet Title and damages. Anyone interested can file their complaints here and sign up at http://www.stopthefraud2010.com to join.

• Di
      Apr 29, 2011

It's a big deal to me! Unbeknownest to me Chase started charging me $15/month for not having a $5000.00 minimum on my business checking account. That is discriminatory. I take $ out of my Business Account to put in my personal checking to pay bills and into my personal savings to accumulate better interest. Why should they have the right to force me to keep a minimum of $5000 to keep from paying them $15/month? I need to speak to a Lawyer.

• Op
      Apr 29, 2011

Find another bank bright boy.

• Po
      Apr 29, 2011

@DisgruntledbyChase: It's not discriminatory. They do not have to provide you with a free business account. They aren't forcing you to do anything. Go ahead and get that lawyer, and he/she will laugh in your face for being such an idiot.

• Na
      May 04, 2011
    Chase - DO NOT BANK WITH CHASE!
    San Mateo
    California

To my great disappointment I have experienced several negative issues with JP Morgan Chase. I am not a happy customer, I will no longer conduct business with JP Morgan Chase nor will I refer anyone to do business with JP Morgan Chase in the future. I will discourage all my friends and family from banking with JP Morgan Chase and will honest and openly tell them why. This will result in closed accounts. Prior I was very happy with Washington Mutual. Upon JP Morgan Chase acquiring Washington Mutual the levels of service significantly changed for the worse. Here were my experiences:

1) A month ago I lost my ATM card and I called JP Morgan Chase to report it as stolen. At the time there were pending fraudulent charges near $900. The customer service representative said, “We cannot do anything now until the money has been posted” and to call back the next day. Upon calling the next day, as advised, to report my claim the representative replied, “Yes, we can tell this is not your usual spending and the please give 24 hours, you will see the money back in your account.” The charges were NOT reversed as expected. I called the fraud department and spoke with Jay Briones, the manager on duty. Jay Briones took the position to say that my claims were not fraudulent with no explanation. Next, I physically went to my local branch to tell them the situation. The branch called the fraud department on my behalf to see why the my claim was denied. Specifically there was a charge for $400 and the branch manager encouraged me to contact this stranger via phone to speak with them about the charge. Upon calling the cell phone number JP Morgan Chase gave me someone actually picked up and told me that it was not him but admitted/placed blame on his roommate. That was ridiculous. It is not the card holder’s responsibility to track down the fraudulent charger. I bank with JP Morgan Chase and it is the bank’s responsibility to reverse fraudulent charges. I was outraged by the branch manager’s advice and went directly to the police department to file a report.
    2) Prior with Washington Mutual my APR was lower that 10% then upon the transition to JP Morgan Chase my APR jumped up to 29% and because of the drastic rate spike I was placed in the position to consolidate my cards which negatively affected my credit score.

Basically a negative experience.

• Ag
      May 04, 2011
    Chase - don't know how to do their jobs.
    Florida

I have been depositing SSI checks for my disabled child with this bank for at least 4 years. Yet at least once every 3 months i will be told by there scam artists that i can't put this check into my personal account. They will insist that it has to be a dedicated account per Social Security. They seem to think that i have never had to deal with Social Security and don't already know the "rules". At first i thought it was just the occasional new person who was only informed enough to be dangerous. Then today i actually had the bank assistant manager insist that this is "The Law". Suddenly it dawned on me that this is just another of the new scams Chase has implemented to steal money from Washington Mutual customers. Lies and bullying is the Chase way of securing there finacial security.

• Mo
      May 04, 2011

I used to have a completely problem free business account with WAMU, changed drastically when Chase took over. Chase is as bad as WAMU was good. I closed my Chase account after about six months of poor service.

• Ra
      May 18, 2011
    Chase Bank - bad business
    razorback concrete coatings
    San Antonio
    Texas

chase bank has been nothing but problems 800 # dont speak english dont take notes screws things up nsf for there fault and cant do nothing about it ill never recommend or use again they cant even close a account properly or do what you ask then then while your acct is negative they will still run stuff thru even thou you dont have overdraft protection ? so they can nsf you more for more money what a joke and the managers cant even do anything who can sad for a bank as big as they r

May 23, 2011
    Chase Bank - High Interest Rates

FILE ALL COMPLAINTS WITH BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU! IF YOU WANT CHASE TO GO DOWN THEN FILE A CLAIM WITH BBB THEY WILL TAKE ACTION AND THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO STICK IT TO THEM! FILE A CLAIM TODAY!!! AND TELL EVERYONE TO DO SO TOO! LETS STOP THESE THIEVES FROM ROBBING US BLIND. GO TO BBB.ORG AND START TODAY!

ITS POINTLESS TO POST ON RANDOM BULLETINS AND BLOGS INSTEAD POST ON BBB.ORG!!!

• Re
      May 24, 2011
    Chase Bank - Checking Account
    Livonia
    Michigan

chase bank will put on hold any check deposit without any notification in advance. According to the regulation CC comply to notify members for how long the check will be on hold and the reason, failing to follow these steps, the financial institute will be responsible for any late fees or overcharge fees.

May 25, 2011
    Chase Bank - Inaccurate online records
    San Francisco
    California
    Chase.com

It seems that the more I complain about unethical Chase Bank practices and policies the result is to create more problems for me. So I will be posting frequently, My last complaint was that Chase Bank charged me for an overdraft which was inappropriately charged to me since I had no knowledge that the debit was to occur. Chase Bank still has not returned the overdraft fee. I further complained that Chase Bank often records debits only several weeks after their occurrence. This has happened again after my previous complaints about this same issue. I believe that Chase Bank does this on purpose to deliberately to cause overdrafts fees. This complaint has been made many thousands of times and yet the federal and state governments do nothing to correct this issue. Chase credit card limits are set up in the same way. A customer can stay within the amount accessible on the card listed online and still end up with credit card overdrafts. I believe that Chase Bank does this purposefully to maintain their corporate greed. They intentionally continue unfairness to customers.