Chase Bank / unethical business

Opened a bank account at local branch with a coupon that was mailed to me for a rebate of $125. that was supposed to be credited to my account when a monthly direct deposit was made to my new account. Several months have gone by without any credit being made, so I contacted Chase using telephone number that was on my statement.
It was there that I started to get irritated, as they asked what the coupon code was (didn't know that I needed to keep record of that) and the name of the person who opened the account and the date. Now doesn't Chase have all this information in their data base? OF course they do. As a sidenote I spoke to three people to get to this point and was told that they could not give me Chase's corporate telephone number (which I got at a later date thru investigation of mine 800 chase99).
Now I am waiting to hear back from Chase to whether they will credit my account with the $125., or as the person at the executive office tells me 'that there is a slim chance' of this happening, as it's not in their data base.
What kind of company is this? Why do they act so unethical? Why did our gov't give them a bailout when they act so dishonest?

La

Comments

• Po
      4th of Mar, 2011

" Now doesn't Chase have all this information in their data base? OF course they do. "
    You don't know this.

4th of Mar, 2011

pobarjenkins; of course I know, wouldn't make that comment if I didn't. Subsequent to speaking to a nobody at the corporate office (as that's all they have there), I spoke to a Chase branch manager - who confirmed that they did have the information. porarjenkins Obviously you are playing the company line - Chase isn't even smart enough to post a proper reply. With Chase corporate - it's just deny deny deny - and act stupid. Why doesn't Jamie Diamond (ceo?) stop hiding behind the skirts and handle their (Chase's) business like a reputable company? Cause he nor the others involved with corporate policy are interested, they are just interested in obtaining the maximum benefit for their shareholders - which I have no problem with - unless it means operating UNETHICALLY - which Chase does! Your reply (obviously a company drone) just made my decision, which is to pull our personal bank accounts Plus Business accounts from Chase. Congrads...you did what the company wanted you to do and now they've lost business. Absolutely Stupid

• Wh
      4th of Mar, 2011

Sounds like the person who opened your account did not enter the coupon code so you would receive credit.

4th of Mar, 2011

yes it does! but what bothers me is that Chase acts like they never heard of this coupon and when asked they didn't know the name of the person nor the branch that the account was opened. In addition they asked me questions of where I lived 30 years ago, which I never gave them nor is it relevant to our conversation - it's just for their knowledge and they still refuse to answer my questions. this whole experience is just dumb. Chase spends millions of dollars attempting to garner new business then they do everything in their power to irritate people. Just had a conversation with a friend who told me that they went into Chase to get their balance and recent checks and were told that there was a charge - which they refused to pay - they then asked for the manager and he said he would wave their fees. So now we have banks who do not want to send checks back to you, want to charge you for sending a statement w/small photos of the checks and then give you almost no interest on your savings accounts when the federal gov't has bailed them out and given them additional funds to work with. Does this make sense? whocares is probably just another drone for Chase - they all have them and they monitor sites like this to combat their deplorable business practices. How about just running a business like you want customers to continue to be customers. Guess that's to hard for the Jamie Diamonds (Chase ceo) of the world. I say good ridance to all of them and I'm going to look for a smaller bank who wants my personal and business accounts! Bye Bye Jamie...!

5th of Mar, 2011

I apologize for my incorrect assumption. However, you did not have to be an entitled ### about it. I have never worked for Chase nor do I even know anyone who uses it. I bank with a credit union. If you would look at my account history with this site it should be clear to you that I'm not a one time poster or a new member. Go ahead and close your account. However, attempt to refrain from being a whiney ignoramous. Have a nice day!

5th of Mar, 2011

Pobarjenkins: hmmmmm seems like you're the one with the 'hauty attitude'. And there is no sense of entitlement on my ### - I looked, which you probably don't understand - cause you can't see around you. thank you so very much for not clarifying anything and frankly I don't have the time or inclination to review your many posts - cause you have nothing other to do than defend companies who are acting immorally - as you do.

• Fd

Nobody really gives a ### about your problems, lalanu. SO get the ### lost

• Fd
      5th of Mar, 2011

Pbj appears to be a decent person. You, on the other hand, are an ### and deserve all the ### flung at you.

6th of Mar, 2011

Hmmmmm IF you don't care about my issue - they it's simple for you FDL_HOU, you have a choice - and the one you should take is Not to Read IT. But we all know that Pobarjenkins and you are company paid shills. And the only way you can respond is by using foul language - this shows that you have no argument and no intelligence. Hope that your corporate sponsors are paying you enough to look foolish.

6th of Mar, 2011

@lalanu: It's really original to assume that just because someone disagrees with you that they must work for a company Maybe the proper thing to do would be to assume that you work for Wells Fargo, but I shall not. You appear to just be someone uncapable of handling something that did not go your way. It's OKAY for someone to not have the same beliefs as you do. When responding to my comment that you didn't know that information, all you had to do was say "I did because of this". But instead you chose to assume that stupidity as well as corporate shilling was involved. You started personal insults before anyone else did. Regardless, I am comfortable knowing that you are emotionally incapable of handling disagreements without intellectually compensating that someone must have some sort of benefit to them. Delusions of grandeur.

I would like to note that morality, especially within business, is relative. And many could say that you as well as myself, or Chase, are acting immoral.

6th of Mar, 2011

pobarjenkins: I appreciate you straightening me out; as I can see from your many postings - this is what you've appointed yourself to do. Now re Chase or any other bank or business, am I to assume that if some business committed to giving you money, product or service and didn't that you would feel that this is okay/normal/ethical behavior? And yes I feel that any business that doesn't live up to it's commitments, makes it difficult for their customers to get what they advertise is UNETHICAL. And as far as what you are doing by posting everywhere on this site acting like you are the arbitor of right and wrong - is just laughable. Obviously you are some poor drone that has nothing to do other than read postings and make comments. IF you're not acting as a drone for some of these companies, I suggest that you get a real job, something with substance that will keep you occupied - rather than looking for something to do on this site. And fyi I still think you are a shill for this and other companies - as many companies today hire other companies to do exactly what you do - DEFEND them!

• Va
      6th of Mar, 2011

I am sure that you will incorrectly state that I must work for Chase after you read my comment. You might find that the other people on this site will be kider and more sympathetic to your troubles if you don't act like a total turd burglar when they take the time to respond. The above members that have commented on your complaint are not Chase drones and neither am I. GTH!

• Va

*kinder

7th of Mar, 2011

There is no grey when a company promises something and doesn't deliver - it's clear and simple - Chase was wrong!

8th of Mar, 2011

What I'm saying is that an employee might be at fault and not the entire company. Someone was wrong here, but it's not necessarily the whole, it could be a corrupt part.

8th of Mar, 2011

Thanks, Mica! I think you're nice too!

14th of Mar, 2011

Mica1755: please go back to the personality you use when you post as Stealth Pilot, it's not quite as abrasive as when you post as Mica1755 - ###

23rd of Mar, 2011

Mica1755 is showing his/her intelligence once again - just like Stealth - totally screwed up people that need to get some - so they won't take their aggressions out on us. Ban them from this site!

• Ga
      29th of Mar, 2011

Chase Bank, or should I say Loan Shark Bank. They have a new fee, it's only $12.00 a month for what was once Free Checking. So, now that they can't get as many overdraft fees, because of the new law, they are now going back to charging for Free Checking. Also they want to to the Frist to raise ATM Fees to $5.00 or more, depending on what state you live in.
    Our Goverment, what a joke, is filled with Lobbiest in Washington DC that work for the Banks and the Credit Cards.
    The Change in Gouging the Consumer needs to start in Washington, where we have a hand full representitives who are on our side, but they are few.
    What im afraid may happen one day soon, is similar to what has been happening to the Middle East, where the people have gotten fed up and have revoted agaist the Goverment.

29th of Mar, 2011

game88: can't happen soon enough.