Chase Bank / incompetence
I have 3 credit cards with Chase. Somehow, they managed to get my address slightly different on each account - either leaving off the apt #, or a typo, or doubling the some part of the address. When one of my statements was "returned to sender" due to their mistake in leaving off the apt #, I was charged a late fee & a finance charge. The customer service rep I spoke with said the finance charge is not reversible, due to the agreement in the contract, and this would go on my credit report. When I asked to speak with a supervisor-manager, he stated that he was a "senior advisor", and that I would need to take this up with the post office. I told him he could check my history to see I have a long-term & impeccable credit history with Chase, and that I couldn't believe I was being penalized for their mistake. After I got off the phone, I found one of my statements from a few months earlier that did indeed have the correct address, even though my current statement did not. Chase had recently changed the font & format of their cc statements & somehow my apt # was now being left off of the statements. I called back & asked to speak to a manager. She reversed the charges & removed any report to my credit history. When I told her the "senior advisor" said there was nothing he could do, she said senior supervisors are not managers & are limited in what they could do.
Duane, the senior advisor in Columbus, Ohio, that I had originally spoke with, implied that he was a manager & would not transfer me to a manager when I requested.
Due to mistakes & incompetence from Chase reps, I wasted a lot of time on the phone & was told it was my fault that I did not receive & pay my statement.
I've heard of credit card companies doing deceptive things to collect on finance charges, perhaps this is one of them.
More Chase Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - charging me insufficient funds fee after I repaid the amount owed
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - fraud refund
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - credit card payments
- Chase Bank - internet
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - atm gave counterfeit money