Chase Bank / incompetence

Chase Bank
I have 3 credit cards with Chase. Somehow, they managed to get my address slightly different on each account - either leaving off the apt #, or a typo, or doubling the some part of the address. When one of my statements was "returned to sender" due to their mistake in leaving off the apt #, I was charged a late fee & a finance charge. The customer service rep I spoke with said the finance charge is not reversible, due to the agreement in the contract, and this would go on my credit report. When I asked to speak with a supervisor-manager, he stated that he was a "senior advisor", and that I would need to take this up with the post office. I told him he could check my history to see I have a long-term & impeccable credit history with Chase, and that I couldn't believe I was being penalized for their mistake. After I got off the phone, I found one of my statements from a few months earlier that did indeed have the correct address, even though my current statement did not. Chase had recently changed the font & format of their cc statements & somehow my apt # was now being left off of the statements. I called back & asked to speak to a manager. She reversed the charges & removed any report to my credit history. When I told her the "senior advisor" said there was nothing he could do, she said senior supervisors are not managers & are limited in what they could do.

Duane, the senior advisor in Columbus, Ohio, that I had originally spoke with, implied that he was a manager & would not transfer me to a manager when I requested.
Due to mistakes & incompetence from Chase reps, I wasted a lot of time on the phone & was told it was my fault that I did not receive & pay my statement.
I've heard of credit card companies doing deceptive things to collect on finance charges, perhaps this is one of them.

N  23rd of Mar, 2009 by
Deceptive is right, they are crooks and provide no customer service. I am so sorry I used their card, I should have stuck with Citibank and American Express. I was using a Chase/United credit card to earn additional airmiles. United is the only airlines that flies out of our small airport and it seemed like a good idea at the time. I pay most of my bills online and have overpaid accounts in the past. It has never been a problem either the company contacted me or mailed a check back to me. I made the mistake of putting an extra zero on my 500 payment to Chase, two months later I still had a balance of PLUS $5, 000.00. They gave me some crap about the patriot act and having to investigate the source of the funds. It was a direct payment from my bank account. After the second billing statement with the over $5, 000.00 plus balance I used a Chase check and paid my American Express the $5, 000.00 I owen them. The next month I got my Chase bill with a $150.00 balance transfer fee charged to my account. I have made several attempts to get a credit explaining that I did not borrow money, it was my money they refused to refund. Four letter and several calls and I have not received a credit. I will file a complaint with the BBB but do not expect them to issue a credit.
A  30th of Jun, 2009 by
Yep. They are setting you up for an interest increase. Mine went from 11% to 30%. Be sure and thank your local congressman for bailing these guys out with your tax money to the tune of $25 billion.

Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank Logo Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank