Chase Auto Finance / after making payment my car still got repo.

1 PA, United States Review updated:

I was late on my payment (1/18/10) I made the payment extra $30.00 and the payment was noted on my account on 2/11/10 and few days later I woke up 2/15/2010 any found my car was gone I called the police and they informed me that they received a phone at 2:15am that my car was repo. I called chase and nobody was open to help me but then I receive a call from chase asking about my payment and I informed then that I made the payment and my account was noted and your repo my car anyways asn told me she could not help me and gave me another number to call. I called chase and been getting the runaround and transfer to 5 different 800 numbers for all of yesterday and all morning. I finally got a hold of kim [protected] at the philly office and was informed that I may not get my car back although i'm paid in full that I may be requested to pay the balance of my loan in full (in which I cannot afford to do). Plus I will have to pay the repo fee of $390.00 plus storage. She was very rude to me and told me not to call back today because it is a bank day and there is nobody there to decide if I will get my car back or not. I work very hard to make my payments on time and got messed up one time and they took my payment & car. I missed work today to get the problem resolve and to be told I my not get my car back. All my personal items are in the car and they will not tell me where my car is located to get my personal items that I need. I put all that money into my car not to get it repo prematurely. She also inform me that they can legally repo somebody car after 15 days of being late. Bascially told me it's my fault because I didn't call to tell them that I made a payment they claimed they left messages with my reference but all of them told me no such thing. I did receive a letter from chase after the fact they already got my payment & car. We had bad snow storm and mail was delay due to the state of emerency. We are not all deadbeats there are times when people do need a break once in awhile. Company have downsize and you get extra duties without the extra money so you do the best you can with the money you make. I always try to keep a roof over my head and a car. I only had to get another car because my1997 honda accord excellent shape got wreck by a drunk driver and I only got the blue book vaule for my car and it force me to get a car loan in which I haven't had one in over 12 years. Chase is very wrong to take my payement and my car and now for two days I cannot get nobody to help me get it back and to be told I might not get it back is very wrong. So I will call again tomorrow 2/16/10 to hear the decision they make on my account.

Comments

• Dr
      16th of Feb, 2010

Hey C.Lynn. you need to fill out the form against Chase in the small claim at ur location which is small court or.. just show it to the court that u already paid on jan 18th which bank received payment post on 2/11/2010.. I think it is not your fault because chase didn't inform you that they will reposss your car.. that means you paid it on jan 18th, 2010.. then tell the court why did they reposs your car ? for no reason, u never have a late payment on time. u always work so hard and very responbility for yourself to pay on time... smile.

• Dr
      16th of Feb, 2010

Do not call chase because they will ignore you and make you pay more fees... you need to fill out the form and sue chase for action and also you have a secret surprising something for chase. if you need help.. you can email me. let me know.. i would be more than happy to help you out. smile.

• Di
      17th of Feb, 2010

I too have the same problem with chase but I refuse to hand them over the vehicle. They lost a payment of mine back in November, 2008. We have been in contact with them every week, every month, I have received treatening phone calls, harrasing calls, they have called family members and left very rude messeges, they have gone to my old address which now has my tenents in it (they new we built a new home and have come here) and they have left letters on their door. They even came here a few months back at 11:40 p.m. lights flashing in our driveway. My 7 year old son woke up screaming and crying because there were flashing lights out his window and thought there was a fire. I ran downstairs and told the driver to shut them off. They have called me and been combative, rude, argumentative and even made threats to me. I have kept paying every month, they have continued to say they can't find the money paid in Nov. 2008 even though I did what they asked and had a manager of my bank write them letters showing the money came out and paid to them. Chase said they sent the money back to my bank, th manager even addressed that in he letter stating no money was sent back. They continue to charge me fees, interest on top of interest. To this date, they have charged me 93% of my interest for the entire lenght of the loan and I am only 3 1/2 years into the loan with 2 1/2 left. I could go on with the unbelievable problems and harrasement but we could be here for days. I know that there is a class action lawsuite in the works here is the website- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/chaseautofinance/. But I was wondering if you know some other means to handle them right now. Thanks Dianna

11th of Nov, 2010

I too had to deal with them it was an neverending nightmare. I had a loan with them since 8/06 for a new car which I put down 20, 000 cash and financed 16000 at a higher interest rate but still manageable, never missed a payment but they would lose payments that were direct wired if It was on due date still they would call looking for the payment that they never received starting at 8:30 am to 9 pm all day long when I didnt owe them nothing. I would send them copies of payment received by them with confirmation number and all. This happened on numerous occasions for 1 1/2 yrs I have been dealing with them to fix the problem on their end to only get nowhere. Still making monthly payments sometimes double payments to get them to stop calling hoping they would eventually apply it to the upcoming month when the payment I had made hit there system only to be used to cover the previous month all along showing that I was overdue/late. This sunday I find the repo man at the house and drove off with the car I know he was just doing his job but couldnt do anything about it. Trying to get anyone at chase is like waiting for a miracle to happen. Finally they told me that I could get the loan reinstated but need to fill out a form they have with references, Job, salaries etc a new app basically I imediately faxed it back I was told that I could have the car back if I paid the 2 mos that I owed and the current month I faxed them copies proving that I didnt owed them nothing that I was upto date on payments. Copies of western union payments to them and bank transactions from my bank to them of payments made and received from them from day one. They didnt want to hear it. First they told me that they would mail out a letter outlining how much I owed them to get my car back, never heard from them so I called them back on numerous occasions to find out the status of the hold up each time you get someone different and each would tell you a diferent bulls...I would write down names and responses finally I asked to speak to a supervisor or someelse in charge, how amazing there always in meetings and told that my app was still under review, and didnt know if they would reinstate. I knew they were jerking me around waiting for the deadline they only give you ten days by then your car is sitting at an auction yard, I knew that my car was worth 2x the amount I had left of the loan so I called back asked for the payoff value and said screw you all at chase they are outright cutthroat theives and heartless Bas... went straight to the nearest branch paid the loan off got a receipt had the manager call them and confirmed payment if you dont before you leave your Screwed got my realease letter sent to the repo company paid another 215. for three days at storage and said goodbye to this people I will never deal with them again They destroyed my credit took my payments monthly loosing it or posting the payments weeks after they had gotten it, harrased me daily from dusk till dawn and still took my car. Buyer Beware stay away from this bank shop around hell a loan shark is better dealing than this unorganized unethical and unprofessional organization. If you have no choice to deal with them be prepared to pay the whole loan off when they come after you. They dont want to hear it They just want to recoup the whole loan amount not your monthly payments. Hope this helps someone...