Chase Auto Finance / repo of car

1 Garden City, NY, United States
Phone: 516-745-3838

Complaint detail

I was laid off on feb. 21st 2010. And I got behind on my car payments. Making minimal payments everytime possible. I was in contact with a woman named torrie pertrowski, and from the beginning I had the impression she was in the ceo"s office. Everytime I would contact her I would state that I was very grateful that the ceo"s office was helping me with this issue. I was never corrected after I said this to her. On may 27th I made a payment for $250, and on july 11th I made one for $400 (My monthly payment was $451). I was at my computer on july 22nd. When I heard rattling chains from outside. It was 2 guys with a flatbed were in my drive preparing to hook my car up and take it away. I ran out and said: what are you doing. They said we have papers to reposess this car. I told them to stop a minute, and that I had an agreement with the ceo's office to make payments. I ran inside and called torrie. She answered and I explained what was going on. I gave the phone to the driver, and after a moment of conversation he handed the phone back. Torrie said she would see what she could do and get back to me. Meanwhile, the two guys continued to take the car. One of them said when I get an issue I have to come back with a car. I then asked to get my belongings out and he wouldn't let me. The car was hooked up, and the flatbed started to pull the car with out the wheels moving. It actually left skid marks in my driveway that are still visible to this day. I went back inside to make calls (This was about 11am) when I called torrie back all I got was voice mail. Actually, I haven't spoke to torrie since. After about 8 phone calls I finally found an office that had my account information. No one ever heard of torrie pertrowski from the ceo's office. I finally thought I found the top supervisor (Mark hale) he was also giving me a hard time. I wasn't getting any answers, and I asked for the ceo's direct line. He said: "he didn't know it". I went to the computer, and found the information myself. Ceo of chase auto finance mark sheinbaum. I called and asked to speak with mr. Sheinbaum. He wasn't available, and a secretary took my information and said someone would get back to me. The following day ms. Ann marie detammaso returned my call. I told her my situation, and she told me torrie pertrowski did not work in the ceo's office. After reviewing my acct. We found out that my contact phone number was from about 2 years ago. This was actually verified everytime I spoke with torrie. Along with address and social security number. There was also notes for "no phone calls" on cell # [protected]) and the home phone # as well [protected]). Which is something I never requested. Anne marie was doing the best she could, but really couldn't make any decisions on the car being dropped back off to me. She put me in contact with tariq mccully (V. P.) on our first conversation he said: I would have to have a job for him to get the car dropped off to me". At that time I said to myself. I'm having a difficult time finding a job as it is. How am I going to pull this one off. Friday june 25, 2010. The census calls me for a job $18.50 an hour. I was amazed as anybody would be. I called tariq, and he said he would need information saying I was hired this went on for about a week. Each paper that the census office would fax for me wasn't good enough. Finally after four attempts anne marie contacted me and said: the last form sent was fine... Ok, my car will be dropped of to me... Not so fast. Tariq says I need to pay the past due amount of about $1200. He went back on his original statement of getting the car back to me if I proved I found a job. He didn't even consider the fact that ms torrie pertrowski portrayed herself as someone working in the ceo"s office helping me out. After weeks of going back and forth about everything that chase auto finance did wrong I still do not have a car. Although, anne marie said: I could go to the repo company and it wouldn't cost me. I just can't get 30 miles up to newark to pick it up. My car has been gone about a month, and it just seems no one is being of assistance... I have jobs I can take. But, I have no car. I had an interview scheduled from last week for wed. July 21st at 1pm. (At ups) that I had to cancel. I figured I would have had my car returned by now.

It is now august 24, 2010. I still do not have my car. I am waiting for reports from the better business bureau (Where 2 people working on my case both left there positions with the company), new york attorney generals office, and congressman leonard lance’s office. Any contact with chase auto finance has been with ms. Detammaso and has been basically “hashing” and “re-hashing” prior events. Everytime I reach out to ceo marc sheinbaum for a resolution to this problem I get voice mail or a secretary. Shortly there after I would receive a call from anna marie. Mr sheinbaum was on vacation from august 6, 2010 til august 16 2010. Recently I have had discussions with jeff levine (Atty for chase auto) on thursday augast 19th he said he would look into my account and get back to me. On tuesday august 24th I contacted adessa car auctions in manville, nj. There is where I found out my car was auctioned off on august 12, 2010. I then contacted congressman leonard lance’s office, and spoke to my case rep (Glen) he told me he heard that from ms. Detammasso on august20, 2010. Shortly there after my cell phone rang at 10:14am (August 24, 2010) it was mr levine and he wason the line with a woman named nancy on a three way call. They were going over my account, and over my past payments and agreements. Mr levine then wouldn’t let me correct some of their information that was wrong…. Also, I was trying to tell him it didn’t matter because my car was auctioned off….. He never let me get that out…. He said:” I would have to come up with the past due amount if I wanted to get my car back”. He continued to yell and hung up. I tried to call the number that was on my phone [ [protected]] back…. No answer.. No voicemail, either. I went to the white pages on the internet and did a reverse look up. To my surprise the number came up unpublished. I find that very odd for a law office. And, why would he want me to pay a past due amount when the car was auctioned off on august 12, 2010. It is now august 24, 2010. And no one has notified me that my car has been auctioned off………..in another note two witnesse’s (joy gutero and tamara calaxte) of my agreement with torrie pertrowski were told by ms. Anna detammasso to tell mr. Conrad “ if he has any new information to call me (Anna)”. The new information in both case’s was the fact that these two individuals new of a relationship between myself and ms. Pertrowski, and they were calling to tell ms. Detammasso. Joy gutero's supervisor hisseda ali called me on september 28, 2010. She said she knew of my case, and that I should "cease" calling ms. Gutero because she is not my point of call. She had a tough time accepting the fact that joy knew of my relationship. But, in the end she admitted that she also knew of problem.