Chase Auto Finance / stay away from chase auto finance!

United States Review updated:
I had a joint account with Chase auto on my daughters car. I was the primary borrower and she was the cosigner. In August 2007 she refinanced the car in her name only to build a credit history. She went to our local Chase branch office and did a refinance. To this day Chase refuses to close my loan account I had with them. They insist I owe them over $200 in late fees. Well it turns out the finance officer at our local brance did NOT refinance the CORRECT amount owed on the car from the original loan. After still receiving monthly statements from Chase, I called them twice. My first call in Sept 2007 they said I owed $60 in late fees, I paid the $60 and said they would close the account, NOT! In October 2007 I received a monthly statement saying I owed them 78 cents! I called them and they said the PRINCIPAL AMOUNT on your billing statement is NOT EXACTLY WHAT YOU OWE to pay them off. The cust rep said I owe them $150 now in late fees to pay them off and close the account. Im telling all people now- SOMETHING FISHY IS GOING ON AT CHASE AUTO FINANCE!!! They pull money figures out of thin air! When I asked why my statement was showing $0 dollars due they said, oh the loan doesn't mature until 2010. So lets see, they would continue to send my monthly statements showing $0 due, while they hope you dont inquire what you actually do owe, all the while they keep adding 8.00% interest onto the amount you actually owe! BUT you never see the actual the amount you owe them on any monthly billing statement. Other complaint posts I've read here said they are being investigated by the IRS for FRAUD. God, I hope so! This company is class action law suit just waiting to happen! STAY AWAY FROM CHASE AUTO FINANCE!!!!!
Va

Comments

Le
  5th of May, 2008
First question: Well were you late?
Second Question: Why didn’t you just have your daughter pay the late charges?
Third question (and really the only one that matters): Why didn’t you request a payment history to give you a break down of charges assessed to your account? If your worried about the bank coming up with charges out of no where you can compare their records with yours.
Ma
  5th of Jun, 2008
2 STAY AWAY FROM CHASE AUTO FINANCE!!!
I have good credit and i am customer but chase...give my decline!!!

Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank Logo Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank