Chase Auto Finance / stay away from chase auto finance!
I had a joint account with Chase auto on my daughters car. I was the primary borrower and she was the cosigner. In August 2007 she refinanced the car in her name only to build a credit history. She went to our local Chase branch office and did a refinance. To this day Chase refuses to close my loan account I had with them. They insist I owe them over $200 in late fees. Well it turns out the finance officer at our local brance did NOT refinance the CORRECT amount owed on the car from the original loan. After still receiving monthly statements from Chase, I called them twice. My first call in Sept 2007 they said I owed $60 in late fees, I paid the $60 and said they would close the account, NOT! In October 2007 I received a monthly statement saying I owed them 78 cents! I called them and they said the PRINCIPAL AMOUNT on your billing statement is NOT EXACTLY WHAT YOU OWE to pay them off. The cust rep said I owe them $150 now in late fees to pay them off and close the account. Im telling all people now- SOMETHING FISHY IS GOING ON AT CHASE AUTO FINANCE!!! They pull money figures out of thin air! When I asked why my statement was showing $0 dollars due they said, oh the loan doesn't mature until 2010. So lets see, they would continue to send my monthly statements showing $0 due, while they hope you dont inquire what you actually do owe, all the while they keep adding 8.00% interest onto the amount you actually owe! BUT you never see the actual the amount you owe them on any monthly billing statement. Other complaint posts I've read here said they are being investigated by the IRS for FRAUD. God, I hope so! This company is class action law suit just waiting to happen! STAY AWAY FROM CHASE AUTO FINANCE!!!!!
More Chase Auto Finance Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - ach deposit
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - charging me insufficient funds fee after I repaid the amount owed
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - fraud refund
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - credit card payments
- Chase Bank - internet