Chartis Track / Money Order Scam

5939 S. 149th Street, Tukwila, WA, United States Review updated:

I was contacted online by a company Chartis Track who I thought was a company looking to recruit secret shopper evaluators. They expressed mailed me 2 Safeway Money Gram orders made out to me (Florence Dove) in the amounts of $980.60 each. I was instructed to go to my bank and cash the money orders, keep $150 for doing the evaluation. The first part of the assignment was to go to the nearest Walmart/JC Penney/ or Sears and spend $20 of the money on anything in the store, the second part of the assignment was to go to Western Union located in Ralphs supermarket on Hwy 111, Indian Wells CA and send the remaining balance to a specific name and address in Canada. I feel like this is scam and that this company is getting people to deposit the money grams, withdrawing the funds out of there bank accounts and then finding out that the money gram orders are no good, which company would send a complete stranger nearly $2, 000, I have not cashed the money orders and don't intend to, I have not contacted the company and told them that I informed you. I have attached scanned copies
of the money orders. and can send e-mail correspondence if necessary
Please advise on my next move if any.

Florence Dove

Chartis Track

Comments

• Je
      10th of Feb, 2010

Florence, I just received the same money orders and ran across your post. Did you ever find anything out? Couldn't these money orders be cashed anywhere? Such as kroger or walmart where they could not get bank information? I'm not sure what to do and am a bit concerned now...please let me know what you found out! Thanks! Jennifer

• Ra
      10th of Feb, 2010

I just got the same "assignment" along with tow safeway moneygrams of the exact same value. It sounded too good to be true to me as well, but I wasn't sure what to do so I looked up the address of the company Chartis Track and found out it is a personal residence. I also looked up the address where I was told to wire the money and it is a fake address in Canada. I'm not sure what is going on with this company, but I'm not going to work with them. As the old saying goes, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

• Ly
      11th of Feb, 2010

These are fake. Safeway does not sell Money Orders for over $500.00. The ink is the wrong color and the paper is the wrong size. Save everything, including the envelope it was shipped in, along with the shipping label. Call the United States Postal Investigators immediately. Your bank probably won't take these, if they do, you will be charged for the full amount when they realize they are fake. If you choose to cash them, you could, in turn, be part of a major Federal investigation...this is a common scam.

13th of Feb, 2010

Is there a number on the money orders to call to see if it (they) are stollen?? None on the 2 I got yesterday.
    I will make further comment after I talk with authorities.

• We
      1st of Mar, 2010

The site, as of March 1st, 2010, is copied almost verbatim from http://www.arllc.com/. Do a view source, comments are even left by the program that was used to copy the arllc site saying "This site was copied from www.arllc.com on nov 3rd 2009.

There is also no archive.org data for chartistrack.net, meaning the site is new, but the copied testimonials have dates going back to 1999. Also all the email corespondance come from fusemail or aol.com.

• Sj
      1st of Mar, 2010

I got the same scam, and sent my information as well. I wish I had read this first, before giving them my info. I contacted the FBI's IC3 internet crime unit, and forwarded a link to ChartisTrack's website, this page, and all of the information given to me from ChartisTrack.

Hopefully these A**holes will get shut down pretty fast.