Charter One / Horfible Customer Service

My charter one debit card had expired in May of 09 and I had not received a new one prior to experiation. I had contacted one of the charter one branches on May 2nd telling them I didn't receive my new card. I was told it was sent out and they don't know what happened to it so she called up corporate and I was told they are sending me a new one and would take 7 business days. So I am waiting waiting and waiting for the card to show up. 12 business days later I still have yet to receive my new card. I called up charter one corporate tonight 5/18/09 and was told both cards were sent out and they are unsure why I haven't received. My address is correct everything. I receive all my other charter one mail but have yet to receive my new debit/atm card. I have bills to pay with these debit card, my illinois ipass is now late and will have fines to pay because of this issue. I have received no help from chafter one instead of well we sent it we are unsure why you didn't get it. I spoke with lawson hammond a supervisor and pretty much was given the run around and was told to wait a additonional 7 business days for a new card. I was told I could pay $25 fee and have them expidited it for me w/ups or fedex. I dont see why I should be charged $25 for something that could be their mistake but are blaming usps. In the end they horrible.

Mp

Comments

• Mp
      18th of May, 2009

I am stupid? I called on Sunday? May 2nd is a saturday (first of all) and I didn't call the local charter one called for me and said new one would go out asap because I never received the first card and should get in 7 business days.. Where does memorial day fit into this? Memorial day is at the end of MAY not at the beginning. My card expired May 1, I should have got a new one way before it expired on may 1st reguardless of the fact. So this is 2 cards I have NOT got from charter one. They have my correct address because I get all my other charterone mailings.

18th of May, 2009

I don't know where you are getting 7-10 business days from? They told me 7 and I even said 7 in the post obviously you can't read.

Kind of funny since I receive ALL my other charter one mail but no cards.

18th of May, 2009

Still doesn't make sense why I never received the first card in the first place.

• 0 Votes

Welcome to complaintsboard Mpo'd. I see you have already met the site troll so I won't be introducing you.

As for Jason, whether Memorial day is this Monday or next, and I don't know living in Canada the point is it has been over seven business days already and he still did not get the card.

19th of May, 2009

Thank you, I thought something wasn't right about this.

Point is correct, nor have I received the first one, 2nd one, and they give me a run around on the 3rd one to asking them to ship it ups or fedex to make sure I receive it.

19th of May, 2009

Another day no card... *sighs*

27th of May, 2009

It is now May 27th and I still have no sign of any of these cards they sent out. What a horrible bank.. However I did get something about asking if I want to open a new savings account with them.