Charter Communications / poor customer service

1 Worcester, MA, United States Review updated:

I have a Charter Communicatios "bundle" package - it includes telephone, cable tv and internet servives. In January 2099, I lost internet service for 4 days. Charter sent a service employee to fix the problem. He told me that a "node" stopped working causing me and some of my neighbors a loss of internet service. I'm not sure what a node is but I was told I would not be charged for the service call.

In addition, Charter promised a credit on my bill for the time I was not able to go on line. Naturally, when the next bill came, I received no credit and in fact, I WAS billed $35.00 for the service call. I called Charter in February and, after waiting on the phone for 45+ minutes I was told by the customer service rep that my bill would be credited $35.00 for the service visit and $17.00 for the loss of service. Today is March 22, 2009 and I got my latest bill on-line. The total bill was $170.37. This is approximately $35.00 more than my usual monthly bill. I called again to notify Charter that my bill was still incorrect. I've been on the phone for over an hour, I was assured that this time it will be taken care of. I asked for written confirmation and the service rep told me that is not possible. I asked for an-mail confirmation and she said she could not e-mail me. MY ISP CAN'T E-MAIL ME? Verizon FIOS can't come soon enough!

Mc

Comments

• St
      7th of Mar, 2009

Where to start? Charter has been a headache since we signed up in August for a bundle package. The first issue was no internet. After going through troubleshooting with Motorola (modem brand- great customer service and the tech actually spoke English) and then with Charter, we got a service call. When the tech got there the internet started working again. Several days later- same scenario. Tech cam replaced a wire and after leaving we realized that he disconnected our telephone and cable. After the lengthy process of getting another tech to come (not easy considering the language barrier with their customer service reps from who knows where) we got that fixed. We still have frequent internet down days and so we wait until the next day and it will magically work again. In the meantime while on the phone- I was advised that I would need a digital converter box for our TV. I was told $5/ mth rental fee is all the extra cost was. That was great until our next bill came with an installation fee, the rental fee, and they bumped us into a different package tier- it doubled our bill. So I called again to get the converter box removed; the tech who came again told us that we did not need the box and that the cable company already has taken care of the digital transition for us. So what am I saying? If you want Charter, you might want to practice the bending over and grabbing your ankles position.

• Wi
      9th of Apr, 2009

I CALL CHARTER TO SET UP THE INTERNET IN MY OFFICE AND
    THEY TOLD ME THAT I WILL NOT BE CHARGE FOR RUNNING
    THE LINE TO MY OFFICE..
    THE ONLY QUESTION THE LADY ASK WAS IF I OWN MY HOUSE..
    AND THAT THE ONLY AMOUNT I HAD TO PAY WAS $85 DOLLARS
    TO THE GUY DOING THE WORK.
    THEN THE NEST MONTH THEY SEND ME A BILL FOR OVER $100. DOLLARS
    OF INSTALATION FEEDS...
    I TRIED TO TALK TO THEM ABOUT THIS AND THE ONLY SOLUTION I HAD WAS
    TO PAY THE BILL..
    THEY SAID THAT THEY DI NOT CARE IF I STAY WITH THE SERVICE OR NOT
    THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR ME WAS TO PAY THE BILL..

THIS HAPPEN AT THE END OF 2008

9th of Apr, 2009

bad customer service...

• Ri
      1st of Aug, 2011

After having tried to access my Charter cable email account for the third time (and being kicked out after flashing aq screen saying I was acessing a commercial account), I called Charter Cable up only to be lied to and screamed at by an alleged service represenative named Sam in broken english. I used the web access i had to research AT&T DSL packages (ordering the next to top DSL package). Apparently this is a long-standing well-known problem that Charter refuses to acknowledge or repair. If you've had problems along this line (accessing your email account with Charter or their tech support, ) i'd love to hear about it.