Charter Communications / poor customer service
I have a Charter Communicatios "bundle" package - it includes telephone, cable tv and internet servives. In January 2099, I lost internet service for 4 days. Charter sent a service employee to fix the problem. He told me that a "node" stopped working causing me and some of my neighbors a loss of internet service. I'm not sure what a node is but I was told I would not be charged for the service call.
In addition, Charter promised a credit on my bill for the time I was not able to go on line. Naturally, when the next bill came, I received no credit and in fact, I WAS billed $35.00 for the service call. I called Charter in February and, after waiting on the phone for 45+ minutes I was told by the customer service rep that my bill would be credited $35.00 for the service visit and $17.00 for the loss of service. Today is March 22, 2009 and I got my latest bill on-line. The total bill was $170.37. This is approximately $35.00 more than my usual monthly bill. I called again to notify Charter that my bill was still incorrect. I've been on the phone for over an hour, I was assured that this time it will be taken care of. I asked for written confirmation and the service rep told me that is not possible. I asked for an-mail confirmation and she said she could not e-mail me. MY ISP CAN'T E-MAIL ME? Verizon FIOS can't come soon enough!
More Charter Communications Complaints & Reviews
- Charter Communications - hard core porn shows on tv 
- Charter Communications - service outages 
- Charter Communications - being charged for returned equipment & the worst customer service/follow thru 
- Charter Communications - internet service outages 
- Charter Communications - numerous problems with charter communications 
- Charter Communications - in home service tech.
- Spectrum - customer services
- Charter Communications - charter contract buyout
- Charter Communications - wireless internet
- Charter Communications - internet, phone, and tv. deception and price hiking