Charter Communications / deceptive billing practices

1 MI, United States Review updated:

I contacted Charter Communications about their best "Charter Bundle" available and was informed that for high speed internet, digital cable tv, and unlimited telephone that $ 107.97 was the best deal available anywhere. Two weeks later I found on the internet that I could have received the same package for $ 69.97 per month for 12 months. Only to new Charter customers within a 30 day period. In other words, I am being penalized for being a faithful Charter customer for more than 18 years, never once late on a bill. If I would have ended my service 30 days ago, I would be eligible for this promotion. I find this completely deceptive and un-ethical. Never again will I count on Charter to be my cable, internet, and phone provider.

Comments

Co
  1st of Apr, 2013

CHARTER IS A BAD COMPANY- DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!
My husband and I have a winter home in FL. Each fall when we leave Michigan we call Charter Communications and put our services on “seasonal” until we return. We have been their clients since they started doing business in MI- 14 years or so. There are frequent technical issues with them.
Because my husband is dying, I put Charter on autopay, using a credit card. I have been preoccupied with his care and didn’t check the amount Charter was billing each month. MY BAD. They had been billing us for the full amount. On March 6 I called them and asked for a refund. They said I never called this year and that they have a “totally automated” phone system which is NEVER wrong, and they wouldn’t refund our money. They said (and this is close to a quote), “we would be giving up almost a thousand dollars of profit for our company!!! It’s not gonna happen”. SERIOUSLY- this is what they told me! I asked them to check their fail-safe system to see if there had been any usage of the services in the past 4 months- they said it didn’t matter.
THIS FROM A COMPANY WHO WENT BANKRUPT AND HAD 40% OF THEIR DEBT FORGIVEN!!!
Fast forward to this morning when a Sales Rep for the co. called and tried to sell us services. HA! I asked the sales rep to look in the file and see if there was any record of our conversation in March. He said there was; the person who took the call in March said, in the file, “I could sense her frustration but in good faith (GOOD FAITH??? REALLY???) couldn’t refund the charges.