Charter Communications / illegally disabling firewire ports
Charter Communications has recently disabled the IEEE-1394 (FireWire) ports on both of my HD cable boxes. One is a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3250HD and the other an Explorer 4250HDC. These ports are used to send non-decoded video streams to devices such as some HDTVs and DVHS recorders. Numerous contacts with different members of the support staff including higher level ones has yielded nothing but as many different excuses for the problem and no answer.
Active IEEE-1394 ports are required to be provided upon request according to 76.640 Section 4 Subsections i and ii of Title 47 of the Federal Code of Regulations. Besides this legal requirement, Charter even documents the ports on their website. Regardless of this fact, none of the support personnel seem to even know what the ports are. Because of this, it has been impossible to get Charter to re-enable the ports as is legally required.
More Charter Communications Complaints & Reviews
- Charter Communications - hard core porn shows on tv 
- Charter Communications - service outages 
- Charter Communications - being charged for returned equipment & the worst customer service/follow thru 
- Charter Communications - internet service outages 
- Charter Communications - numerous problems with charter communications 
- Charter Communications - charter email service suddenly suspended or broken...
- Charter Communications - spectrum cable
- Charter Communications - cut underground dog fence 
- Charter Communications - inability to get service because of my marital status 
- Charter Communications - in home service tech.