Charter Communications / fixing their broken equipment

1 4031 via oro ave.Long Beach, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1888-438-2427

We have been a customer of Charter for at least 10 years, and have had a few bad experiences with billing issues and equipment problems, but this time they lied and more important wasted 2 days of my time. We have high speed (not really) internet with charter and their modem (which they charge us a monthly rate for) stopped working. We called Charter and they said they could come out Friday 1-5pm. Now that would be 2 days already our computer would not be working. We were home from noon on, and when 4:30 came and no one had called from Charter I called, and was told that Charter had called us twice and since we did not answer the appt. was canceled.The person got quite a earful from me because that was a LIE. NO ONE HAD CALLED FROM CHARTER. Charter re-scheduled for Sat. 1-5pm. My husband and myself did not leave this house from 10:30am and once again, charter said they called twice, then canceled the appt. I went ballistic. We had postponed so many things just to have out time wasted. We are not young anymore and consider our time very precious. I would like to know if others have experienced anything like this with Charter.

Comments

• Wt
      30th of Oct, 2008

Not surprising to me at all, though you gotta wonder what kind of screw up could occur when Charter says they called twice, two times. Must be the technician filing false reports about his field activity. I hope your issues got worked out. I hate Charter. If this was last night, or any of the previous 12 consecutive days, I would not be able to post this response. Out internet service mysteriously goes down almost every evening from roughly 7 pm to 1 am. Charter's response? Reboot the cable modem. uh, c'mon, no way anybody should have to reboot equipment nightly. Oh, and by the way - IT DOESN"T FIX ANYTHING ANYWAY. My advice to those who can - run, don't walk, run away from Charter as soon as possible. Find an alternative. They don't care, and don't have any money to fix anything anyway. Check their stock and financials. 20 billion in debt, less than 1/2 a billion in reserve and dwindling fast. They must be paying themselves handsomely while they can. They certainly aren't spending anything on performance and support.