Charter Communications / autopay slimeball behavior
Beware using autopay with Charter. I cancelled service on July 14th, and would, in theory be owed a small refund for prorated service that I had already paid for via autopay...by the way I was SOOOOooooosOOOOoooooooo happy to cancel with them...terrible customer service and they charged WAY too much for my high speed internet .
Anyway...though they already owed me a refund and I no longer had service with them, what do you know...I got an $89.99 charge on my credit card dated July 29th for August service! I called their customer service and they said, yes we see you cancelled on the 14th, and yes I see you are owed a prorated refund...BUT it was the "system" that took the autopay for services that I no longer had...and it would take the "SYSTEM" 6 to 8 weeks to refund the MISTAKE!!!
So they get MY money, though I am not a customer and I GET TO PAY INTEREST on my Credit Card.
My credit card company (Mastercard) couldn't help and said that they was no way to have prevented the charge without completely cancelling my card and having a new card with a new number re-issued to me. Can you believe that!!????
The only solution to SAFE auto pay, I find out is to use your checking account with routing number etc. They can treat a potential future SLIMY charge as a bank stop payment...but then many banks will charge you for a stop payment charge then.
You are Damned if you do and Damned if you don't!!!
I really HATE Charter more than ever!!! and I am not a customer any longer. Boy they are good!
More Charter Communications Complaints & Reviews
- Charter Communications - hard core porn shows on tv 
- Charter Communications - service outages 
- Charter Communications - being charged for returned equipment & the worst customer service/follow thru 
- Charter Communications - internet service outages 
- Charter Communications - numerous problems with charter communications 
- Charter Communications - inability to get service because of my marital status 
- Charter Communications - in home service tech.
- Spectrum - customer services
- Charter Communications - charter contract buyout
- Charter Communications - wireless internet