Charter Communications / cancelled service, returned equipment now charging me for lost equipment
had service in 2001 and turned off for lack of payment. When they came to pick up the equipment about 6months to 1 year later, paid the balance and they picked up the equipment. Later checked my credit report and they are wrecking my credit with an equipment bill for over 1000.00 for 3 cable boxes. Found the paper work went to the office and showed them. They copied it and sent it to the main office and said that it would be taken care of.
Well it never came off the credit report, and now they have sold it to a collection agency. They have dropped off now, but the collection agency will not take it off my credit report. There have been repeated futile attempts to resolve this over the last 4-5 years.
I will find the paper work again and I will be complaining to every agency that I can think of. We need to have some credit reform and someway of taking care of this to clean up credit reports without everyone pointing the finger at the next person. Experian says it is not their problem, the creditor who sold the account says it is not their problem yet they are reported. The collection agent says it is not their problem, yet they report the orginal creditor and them selves so you get two black marks. Tired of the run around and the finger pointing of "not me."
We may need to write congress with our horror stories so that they get the point that this is a problem. Don't count on the credit reporting companies to help you. Once you have a bad mark it takes a long time to get them off and sometimes you get tired and just wait till they drop off. This is very time consumming to fix. I have a family to raise.
Does anyone else have this horror story. Maybe we should all band together and complain to everyone: BBB, Fair Credit reporting agency, attorney general of your state, your city, complaint boards, etc.
More Charter Communications Complaints & Reviews
- Charter Communications - hard core porn shows on tv 
- Charter Communications - service outages 
- Charter Communications - being charged for returned equipment & the worst customer service/follow thru 
- Charter Communications - internet service outages 
- Charter Communications - numerous problems with charter communications 
- Charter Communications - charter email service suddenly suspended or broken...
- Charter Communications - spectrum cable
- Charter Communications - cut underground dog fence 
- Charter Communications - inability to get service because of my marital status 
- Charter Communications - in home service tech.