Charter Communications / this is unacceptable

We are customers of Charter Communications in Apple Valley, MN. Charter is the only cable company available to Apple Valley residents. After installing additional cable outlets in November of 2007, we have had literally enough black cable to go around our house two times lying laying in our front and back. We were told that our region (Minnesota?) falls under "winter rules" and they would be back "in the spring" to bury the cable. Don't know why they thought they couldn't bury it in November. Our ground was not frozen or covered with snow.

On May 2, 2008 we made an appt for a technician to come out to our house and bury the cable.

On June 13, 2008 the technician called, came and attached a box on the side of our house and left without burying the cable.

On June 26, 2008 my husband tried using the help "chat" forum. We were told that there was someone scheduled for the 13th of June to bury the cable. "Yes, but they did not bury the cable." After another 30 minutes online with "Shiloni" she asked if we would like to be rescheduled. We were rescheduled for an appt on June 28, 2008. The technician was supposed to have called first, but we never received a call. We stayed home the entire Saturday and did not receive a call on the now "must do" order.

On July 3, 2008 we reached a rep in Florida who again told us our region fell under the "winter rules guidelines." Hello? It's 80 and sunny here. She assured us that she again had placed a "must do" order and that a technician would call us within 24 hours (not including the July 4th holiday). She gave us a confirmation number and a tech number. We again, received no call. We gave our home number and our cell number so that there would be no way we could miss the call.

The cable in has been lying in our yard for over 7 months. It is a dangerous hazard. Our 8-year-old daughter had tripped over it and it's a hazard for mowing.

This is unacceptable. Don't use Charter. Don't call their customer service. Many of their reps are overseas and unfortunately, the have no control over what's going on locally. They just work for an unresponsive monopoly. Go directly to your local Charter Communications office and stay until they fix the problem. You have to go to the office because it is impossible to find a local number for the building 4 miles down the road. That is our next step, along with complaints to our city, the BBB and whoever we can tell.

We scheduled another appointment

Va

Comments

• Wa
      27th of Oct, 2009

Working with Charter is ridiculous. I was going to change my phone and internet but after talking to them on the phone a few times I won't do it. I am just lucky my TV works.
    So I am keeping that FOR NOW. I have written letters but no one responds.
    Places with terrible customer service usually don't.
    Here is one situation (I am in MN too). My HBo on demand stopped working. I called and was transferred and put on hold etc and the first call took an hour and someone assured me it would be back on "soon". This went on with me calling every day for ten days before it worked. None of the other people knew how to fix it.
    I was thinking of ordering Direct TV so I called and they talked me into staying by reducing my bill but the last bill was wrong. I called asking about internet and said i would try it and install the box myself. Waited a week no box. Called and was told it would be here the nect day. Called a few more times. Got 3 messages that they sent a technician there to install it and I wasnt even home and I never asked them to install it but they sent a guy 3 days in a row.
    After I called twice to tell them I want one in the mail to install myself they sent a guy a third time. Never did get their internet. Dont want that nightmare.
    DOnt think any of their reps are in the US either and they read off cards