Charter Communications / worst customer service

This company owes me a refund. I was told on June 20th when I turn my equipment it that it would be 6-8 weeks before I get my refund. After the 8 weeks past I called them they said it was being held because I have not returned a cable modem. I own the modem it even stated that fact on my bill each month. After the "paper work" was submitted to clear the error up it would be 10 days and I would get my check. I still have not received it. This company has the worst customer service oh and the don't speak English very well either. I will never use them again.

Va

Comments

• Fr
      1st of Apr, 2008

Charter Communications is my worst experience in customer service and quality of service.
    I was offered Charter Telephone Service via a phone call from Charter Communications. I had 3 phone lines at my home at the time (1 fax for business, 1 phone for business, 1 phone for personal) and I clearly explained that I was willing to let them install their service but to one specific telephone number (the personal line). The installer came when I was away on business and my wife let him in to do his work.
    After he left, my wife discovered that all 3 phones lines were ringing at the same time when a call came through.
    I also discovered that I could not call home because a fax machine was answering the personal and business lines. I called my wife on her cell phone and asked her to call Charter to get the problem corrected.
    After I came home the next day, I discovered tha the installer had cut all 3 phones lines and connected the 3 lines to the new Charter line, cutting off my fax line, my business line and my security system connected to the fax line.
    It spent hours on my cell phone calling Charter to get the problem corrected, it took them 4 days before they sent someone to fix the mess they created.
    A true story and as I said, my WORST experience with service and customer service.

• Ho
      28th of Nov, 2011

Six weeks of service and we have had internet & phone outages every week. Four technicians and two "senior techs" have been out but the problem remains. Internet & phones go out every Sunday between 2pm and 10pm. Service also shuts down after 7pm for a few hours several times a week. After 6 weeks they finally agree to a partial credit and tomorrow they will send out yet another senior tech.
    I have no faith that they will resolve the issue because it seems to be the technology that crumbles under higher usage times.
    RUN FROM CHARTER...the only thing worse than their technology is their service...and their billing never matched their written quote.