Charter Communications Billing Dept. / language barrier / billing problems
On 7/2/07 I called charters billing department to make a 62.12 payment. From the beginning of the conversation it was a language barrier which caused me to repeat my checking account info a total of 15 times because she could not understand me. Then finally when the transaction went through I aske for my remaining balance was and was told an alarming 175.62 figure which was alarming to me so I asked for a break down. To make a long story short the agent asked me to repeat my banking info once again and I thought it was her double checking her self for accuracy and come to find out she put through another payment for 175.62 when I simply asked for a breakdown. I asked to speak with a supervisor and when she came on the phone it went from bad to worst. When I asked her to reverse the payment because her agent was incorrect in processing the payment in so many words she told me to deal with it. When I reminded her that this conversation was being recorded she suddenly got a case of the niceness and offered a 20.00 credit for what my bank was going to charge me for the stop payment of the illegal transaction. Charter communications has been around for years and I would hate to think just becuase they would like to save a few dollars by moving their call centers to countries that will work for cheaper wages would sacrifice their reputation and professionalism. I was very disappointed with the ignorance, lack of communication skills and ability for these agents that live in a different countries ability to serve the customers of the united states. I know first hand about language barriers due to the fact I am a naturalized citizen myself, but I took the time and responsibility as a contributing citizen of this country to learn the primary tongue in order to function effectivley and efficiently.
More Charter Communications Billing Dept. Complaints & Reviews
- Charter Communications - hard core porn shows on tv 
- Charter Communications - service outages 
- Charter Communications - being charged for returned equipment & the worst customer service/follow thru 
- Charter Communications - internet service outages 
- Charter Communications - numerous problems with charter communications 
- Charter Communications - spectrum intelligent home subscriber home portal/access/egress touch screen
- Charter Communications - charter email service suddenly suspended or broken...
- Charter Communications - spectrum cable
- Charter Communications - cut underground dog fence 
- Charter Communications - inability to get service because of my marital status