Charter College / Dental Assisting Program/Staff/Corporate

1 43141 Business Center Parkway Suite 102Lancaster, CA, United States

I started the DA program in January of 2015 at Charter College Oxnard Campus. Everything was going smooth up until June-July of 2015 during my radiology class. I was taking Radiology I and II and we were to have to practical patients per class to perform an FMX on. I found my four patients and had to have their dentist sign them off that they were allowed to have x-rays based off of their personal dental records and the dental state board. I completed three patients and my fourth patient was missing one tooth in the upper arch and my teacher told me she couldn't be my patient for that reason. I don't understand why she couldn't if the dentist had signed her off for me to do so. THIS IS WHY WE HAD TO GET PATIENTS SIGNED OFF. I'm positive my dentist knows the requirements of the dental state board. My patient was my mom and her and I asked the dentist what is going to happen now and she said she would get me set up with a student to be my patient. After countless emails to her trying to schedule a day, she never got back to me. Ultimately I failed the class and got charged to retake the class. The teacher teaching this class QUIT working for Charter College as Dental Assistant Program Coordinator in November 2015. I feel this wasn't my fault at all. I'm not sure if it's too late to get this problem resolved or if I can fight it. I was supposed to graduate in October 2015 and I finished all of my classes besides the Radiology one I failed and my externship and this left me finished otherwise in September 2015. I had to sit out until the Radiology came back around in December 2015. And now leaving me to graduate in February of 2016. I ended up transferring from Charter College Oxnard to Lancaster due to financial problems leaving me to move back in with my parents in Tehachapi, CA. Second complaint, I started my externship at Dr. Kerr's office on January 5th, 2016. At Dr. Kerr's, one of his hygienist, Cat Jones is my dentist's, Dr. Jones' wife and she works for both offices. On January 7th, Cat asked if I could switch my externship site to her husband's office, Dr. Jones because they want to give me a job. I emailed, texted and called my extern advisor asking questions about switching and it took her more than three days to get back to me. Telling me that it was NOT possible. I don't understand why I can't if I am the one paying for this school. After she told me it wasn't possible I contacted Charter College Lancaster Campus on Monday, January 11th 2016 asking to speak with someone other than my externship advisor and she said that she would have the Campus Manager call me. I never received a call from him so I resorted to calling the Corporate Office on Tuesday, January 12, 2016 and I spoke with a lady that didn't even care that the Lancaster employees have not been returning my calls, texts, or emails. Ultimately, the lady at the Corporate Office told me she would see what she could do and would call me back. I never heard back from her. This is my externship and I have a JOB OPPORTUNITY available to me and Charter College could care less. I have three weeks left to extern and I feel as if I will never get this resolved. If anyone could help me or tell me something I can do I would really appreciate it!! If nothing happens, I will find a law office and lawyers that can help me. I don't recommend this school to anyone, I have never been through such emotional grief trying to do what is best for me. And it was a waste of money. I am not happy with this school and I wish I would have went through a different school.

As