Charter College / Broken promises
I was told for the Medical Assisting program, at the new campus in Yakima WA, that students would have four days on campus, so plenty of teacher help. I was told there was a tutoring program. I was told that they REALLY help you prepare for the NCCT exam, with what they call boot camps.
Somehow they snuck in their own loan to me as well. I was told about a matching funds program. Whatever you pay in cash, they match. Part of this was my own fault as I didn't, and really couldn't, read all of the contracts information. Everything, from interview to sign up is done via web chat.
So now, I wanted to know how much in student loans I would owe if I withdrew...but was told until I did withdraw they could not inform me of the amount, and even at that it would take 45 days, all the while accruing interest for them. I was told, that even though I had returned from an extended illness intending to complete the program, but I did not attend one class at all, that logging in counted as attendance.
I barely did any work and got a B to C average. Other students were rewarded just for trying and finishing. There is no entrance exam and several students in my group had reading comprehension issues. They asked for help and were told if they just read the material it would become clear. We were also told that we could reach our instructors quickly and easily when not on campus. This only happened with someone with a teaching degree. No one else could give time, and some instructors knew less about the software than the students.
You may end up spending more, but go to a community college or university that is not for profit. Charter College is collecting money and giving students the run around, preying on some without the language skills, or some that may be somewhat challenged mentally.
More Charter College Complaints & Reviews
- Charter College - Bait and switch 
- Charter College - Ripping People Off 
- Charter College - RIP OFF! 
- Charter College - Harrasment,Policies,Racism and policies 
- Charter College - Financial Aide 
- Charter College - lack of proper education, failure to assist in helping students attaining the job in the chosen career. 
- Charter College - Charter college complaints 
- Charter College - Dental Assisting Program/Staff/Corporate
- Charter College - Staff fails at following up 
- Charter College - Non - accreditation