Charlotte Furniture and Appliance - Rochester, NY / Beware of shopping there!

Charlotte Appliance is located in Charlotte NY. A suburb of Rochester NY. My husband and I gutted our kitchen, right down tot he studs. When it came time to buy appliances we shopped around. But we wanted more than just good price. We wanted good service. Just about everyone we talked to had good things to say about Charlotte Appliance, plus my husband is a kitchen designer, so he knew what was up and where. We went to Charlotte and purchased over $3200 in appliances. A front loading washer and dryer, an LG convection flat top oven, matching microwave, and a Whirlpool Dishwasher. The dishwasher was about $550. TO us it seemed high tech, but we wanted a quiet dishwasher. The sales guy did a great job with everything we bought, explaining and pricing etc....Well, everything worked, except the dishwasher. Oh, it was quiet all right!! But it left a layer of white ### all over everything in tthe washer. We followed procedure, called on 2 separate occasions, and had a tech come out each time. They both agreed that something was not right, but they could not find what it was. Well, we had had enough. No one seemed tobe able to fix it, or help us. We tried every detergent there is, we tried using NO detergent. We used hot, then cold water. We used vinegar. The white layer of ### was always there. I did not pay $550 for a dishwasher that I couldn't use. I washed the dishes by hand. So we put it in teh back of our beat up station wagon and took it back. Well, the owner, yes he introduced himself to me as the owner, was so rude I was shocked. he wanted to know who authorized me bringing it back to the store. He called to see if we had really had anyone come out to look at it. He made the girl on the phone read him the tech's report. In front of a crowded store, he called me a liar. That there was no proof that the washer did not work. The Whirlpool Rep was there, in the back. The owner, went back to ask him if he wanted to do anything for me. I could see both of them standing there. They both looked at me and laughed. Now, we spent quite ab it of money on 5 appliances, each of which has a 12 month warranty. I brought it back well within that time frame. Like within 3 months. We messed with it for longer than it deserved. Then the owner embarrassed me in front of a store full of people. He even told me that there was no way he was taking it back. I finally got over my shock and told him that I was NOT bringing it home. It was a horrible experience. Beware of shopping here. They are more than happy to help you shop, but you are on your own if something is wrong with the appliance. My husband will NEVER recommended them to his clients, nor will we or our families buy anything there ever again.

Comments

• Mc
      14th of Nov, 2007

I had a similar problem with Charlotte Appliance. Bought a refrigerator from them. When they delivered it, they couldn't move my old one out of position to install the new one. Rather than look to see if there was a problem, the bulled it right away from the wall. Had they looked, they would have seen that there was ice on back freezing it to the wall. They ripped a large hole in the wall. When I spoke to the owner about it, he said that it wasn't their problem. He refused to fix it or in any way compensate for the damage their men had done. He was rude with me, also. Last penny I will ever spend there.

• Ld
      25th of Jun, 2010
    charlotte furniture and appliance - lack of service
    Charlotte Furniture and appliance
    Lake Ave.
    Rochester
    New York

I just want to express my disappointment with your store. Our refrigerator stopped working last Wednesday, 6/15/10. We decided not to go to a large box store to purchase a new one because we thought the service would be better at an owner operated company. The service we received when we arrived at your store was excellent. We were greeted at the door, shown the refrigerators, each one was described and we were shown each one’s features. We were happy and chose a refrigerator. It was not in stock, but we were assured that it one would be arriving the following Friday 6/18/10. When we paid for the refrigerator, we were told, sorry, but we only deliver to our area on Thursdays, which means the refrigerator will not be delivered until 6/24. We were disappointed that it would take so long for it to arrive but decided that we could manage without a refrigerator for 8 days. It was a long, long 8 days. On 6/24 at 10 in the morning we thought it was strange that we had not heard anything from your store, so we decided to call to see when the refrigerator would be delivered. Imagine our surprise, when we were told that it was not on the schedule. We were then told that it was not in stock yet, but would be arriving on Monday. Why wasn’t a phone call made on Friday when the refrigerator was supposed to arrive at your facility to tell us it could not be delivered on the assigned date? Or on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday? We were expecting a refrigerator to be delivered today and we were never notified that it would not be by anyone at your store. This is not the kind of service we expected from you.
    We were both so disgusted with the way the situation was handled that my husband made another trip to your store to have our money refunded. After all if you cannot keep your promise to deliver on a certain date, how can we possibly trust your merchandise? And if there was a problem with the refrigerator, could we trust you to handle it honestly? We have ended up going to one of those large box stores to purchase a new refrigerator, one that I really don’t want, because they had one in stock. And believe it or not, they deliver more than once a week.
    I was impressed by your store and probably would have been back to purchase furniture and future appliances. But I have to tell you, I will never be back and I will discourage everyone I know from patronizing your business. Your service was far below par.

• Du
      1st of Mar, 2012

I bought 8 major appliances from Charlotte Appliance on Lake Av, Rochester all with in one week. I all so got the NSI extended coverage for all @ a major price.
    The $700.00 Bosch washer will sometime not spin on final rinse and there is mold inside the sealed door plastic window.Within the yr i called Charlotte and they would not do anything.I called the extended warranty and they said it was not covered. I e-mailed the BOSCH Comp. and they said to call Charlotte.They lost all my family business.