Charlotte County School System / Sexual Harassment

1 5064 Silver Bell DrivePort Charlotte, FL, United States Review updated:

I got a job as the first female custodian at Meadow Park School in Port Charlotte, Florida. From the start I was given twice as much work as the men, given far less pay then men get when they are hired, and I was constantly harassed, and told being a custodian is a man's job.

Next the Head Custodian started grabbing me and making unwanted sexual advances. When I told him to leave me alone he would call me a Bitc* and give me a dirty job to do.

I filed a Complaint with the School Board and they retaliated by harassing me so much I needed medical care, by harassing my daughter at school and by banning my 100% Service-Connected Husband from coming to the school to pick up our daughter.

I filed a Complaint with the EEOC in Miami and now after almost a year they have STILL not done anything.

Meanwhile I was fired for filing the EEOC Complaint and school officials came to my home threatening my husband and refusing to leave until my disabled husband had a heart attack.

We called the F.B.I. in Tampa and they would do nothing because school officials are "Good Republicans".

There needs to be an Honest Federal Investigation into all the sexual hanky panky in Florida Schools, and into the government in Florida that is covering up for each other. The system is broke in Florida.

Go to www.CleanUpFlorida.com and writ the newspapers DEMANDING an honest Federal Investigation WITH POLYGRAPH TESTS!

Thanks,
A Family Being Tortured!

Comments

• Su
      12th of Mar, 2008

The other females who work for the school do what they have to do to keep their job. She should have did what she had to do and the school board would have left her alone.

I had to let Principle LeClair fundle me. Big deal. I got PROMOTED.

27th of Aug, 2009

The Charlotte County School Members Board are not "Good Republican's" they run with no party affiliation; and seem to be more like "Democrats" in their constant spending of tax dollars. I am amazed to hear you lost your job. The Mantra of the CC School board is "SAVE the JOBS" not educating the children.
    Dealing with the EEOC is a tough road to travel unless you’re black and have an OBAMA 2008 tattoo on your forehead and a bumper sticker on your foreign made car.
    A sad story from your point of view but your view is quite cloudy in my eyes. Too bad the government and the union negotiated benefits were taken away from you - Hahahaaa! You should have gotten some of the $9.4 million Stimulus $$ the district received for the 2009 -2010 budget year in a lawsuit award. A lawsuit award is so much easier than working for your income. Obviously when the EEOC denied your claim you were not smart enough to read the documents they state you have 90 days to hire an attorney on your behalf and proceed to court. Maybe, none of the local TV lawyers felt you had a case??
    Join the other un-employed and under employed residents of Charlotte County.