Charlies Certified Transmission / Screwed me big time

I had transmission work done in 2008 at Charlie's Certified Transmission on North Shepherd in Houston, Texas. I paid them over $1900.00 to fix my transmission. My car has been back to them over 5 times in the last 2 years for the same thing. When they get my car back in their shop they put me on the back burner and fix everybody elses car, because you see I don't owe them anymore money because I'm still under warranty. Well here it is 11-2010 and my car is down again. They claim they can't pick my car up because they don't have the man power to do so. I refuse to pay another dollar to have my car towed to them again.

I had another mechanic look at my car and they wouldn't touch it because they found wire coat hangers holding my car together where Charlie's Certified Transmission supposably fixed it.

I have another month before my warranty runs out. What can I do about this?

Comments

• Co
      24th of Mar, 2011

Currently, my common-law husband has his vehicle at this same shop for an engine to be re-built. The vehicle has been there for over 2 months now. He has heard several excuses from day to day as to why his vehicle has not been repaired as of today. I wish I'd been involved earlier on because we wouldn't have left the vehicle there in the first place after I was told that they requested a down payment before they could work on his vehicle. In addition to, they have an F rating with the BBB and BBB is aware of similiar problems that both you and I have experiencing. I think everyone should get together and file a class action against the company for fraud.

• Tr
      4th of Apr, 2011

I just got my car back yesterday. I experienced the same thing with the run around. They had my car for three weeks and it is in worse shape now than it was when I took it there. They had someone come in and rig something up under my car from the way it looks to hold the transmission in. Not only that I have a leak. I can't even drive my car it is in such bad shape. I am so disgusted and I don't even fell like it's the same car.

• Tr
      4th of Apr, 2011

Contact me and I will be glad to join in on a class action lawsuit.

• Cj
      29th of Dec, 2011

I agree totally with the both of you. In September of this year, I paid J.D., one of Charlie's Certified Transmission employees $750.00 to rebuild my 1998 Honda Accord transmission and 3 weeks later I had to pay another $151.00 before I could take my car home. I picked it up on a Friday evening, drove it home and parked it. Saturday morning while running errands, I noticed that it was not right. I called them Monday and told them something was still wrong and they said that I had to bring it back to them. My husband took off work that Thursday and took it there and he was informed that nothing was wrong. I went out of town for a week and my car was parked and when I returned they did come to pick it up and it was kept for a week. I drove it for maybe 2 weeks and again, they picked it up and kept it for 1 week. This was in October. On November 23, 2011 (day before Thanksgiving) it went out and I had to have my car towed home because it stuck in some gear and I couldn't drive it home. They picked it up the Monday after Thanksgiving and I got it back December 22, 2011. I drove it to work that Friday, ran errands Saturday, parked all day Sunday, drove to work Monday and TUESDAY barely made it home. They picked it up Wednesday because of problems that they caused. I am still under warranty and I am going to get another warranty. My car's interior is light gray and it is covered with oil and grease. I don't understand how these people are still in business. I will advise anyone before going to CHARLIE'S CERTIFIED TRANSMISSION, DON'T GO!!! STAY AWAY!!! Should have done my homework. I have learned my lesson.