Charleston Auto Sales / Poor service

1 1856 Belgrade Ave #B-6Charleston, SC, United States Review updated:

On the date listed 01-06-09 I bought and paid cash for a 1998 VW jetta, I test drove the car and it ran fine til I got it home. The next day when I got in the car I drove it to a doctors appointment where it shut off and would not crank. I bought a new battery and had it checked out by a mechanic, the mechanic told me that the car that James Gerow sold me me had been rigged to run for a a while and that it was common for him to do such things. Mr Gerow swore to me in front of a witness that it was mechanically sound and very reliable. I tried talking to him about going in on halves to repair the car or whatever and he replied I bought it so I own it broke down or not.

Dr

Comments

• De
      5th of Mar, 2009

I just talked to Jim on the phone to get information on purchasing a used car. He asked almost $8000.00 for an 01 with over a 101, 00.00 miles on it.I told him I was at my computer and looked up the blue book value and it was quite a bit different. His whole attitude changed from super sweet to sour. He then said that he could see that I was unrealistic. I would NEVER buy a car from this man or his company. I would have done my research before purchasing a car from him. I was not surprised at finding your review and have found several others that do not recommend doing business with this guy . I would call one of the news channels if I were you and see if they will look into it for you. I hope that you find a resolution to your situation.