Charles Toyota / Altered CarFax report

1 500 Thames Street, Norwich, CT, United States Review updated:

In September 2010 my husband and I put a $2K deposit on a 2008 Toyota Camry at this dealership. We requested a CarFax report on the vehicle and the dealership (General Sales Manager Marty Hall/Salesman J. Bryan Bernardo) said they would fax it to my work the following morning, which they did. I also found a link to the CarFax report on the same vehicle (same VIN#) from the dealers web site. The two CarFax reports were identical EXCEPT that the one faxed to me by the dealer was altered to remove any mention that the car had been in two previous accidents. We complained to the dealership (went back the next day and spoke with Todd Branche, Sales Manager), recieved an apology with no clear explanation, and was given our $2K deposit back.

Comments

• Ro
      22nd of Nov, 2010
    Charles Toyota - Fraud
    Charles Toyota

My husband and I put a $2K deposit on a used 2008 Toyota and asked the dealership to please give us a CarFax report on the vehicle. They said they would fax it to my work the following morning and they did. I also found (the next morning) a web-link to the CarFax report for that car (same VIN#) on the dealerships website where they were advertising the same car for sale. The two CarFax reports were identical EXCEPT that the one faxed to me from the dealership was altered to hide the fact that the car had been in two accidents. Also, information was apparently "cut and pasted" into the CarFax Report to support its "No Accident" status. The rest of the CarFax reports were identical (3 pages long). I complained to the dealership (went back the next day with both copies of the CarFax), got an apology but no clear explanation and got my deposit back.