Changi Airport Groupjetstar ground staff terminal 1

H Oct 02, 2018

Date: Sun 30 Sep 2018
Flight: 5:55pm / 17:55 3K669JetstarAsia Singapore to Kuala Lumpur

I was very unhappy with the service of Jetstar personnel at Terminal 1, Singapore Changi airport on the above mentioned date and time.

I had checked in online, but had not printed my boarding pass. I tried a few times to print the boarding pass at the machines, but could not. There were at least 10 Jetstar staff hanging around the machines. They seemed to be more interested in chatting with themselves . I approached one of them. She directed me to the manual check in counter without really listening to my problem. The check in counter was very long. I waited for about 20 minutes then I called out to a senior looking gentleman. I asked him if he was a Jetstar staff. he said yes but please hold on. He was continuously at the counters supervising but didn't get back to me. I saw him helping out a Caucasian couple with great enthusiasm. I called out another female staff passing by . She just brushed me off. Half an hour had passed. Both of them didn't even want to hear me out. I saw another staff allowing another Caucasian couple to cut queue and check in before all of us who were waiting. When I reached the check in counter after a long wait, there was no greeting, just a very curt tone.

I have taken Jetstar many times and was so shocked that this can happen at Singapore. The service on board is excellent, but the ground service that day was terrible.

I do hope you will tell your staff to be more polite and sensitive. All I needed was to print my boarding pass. It took two minutes. Your check in counter girls also need to greet customers.

I am sorry I don't mean to be racist but as I mentioned earlier there seemed to be some favoring towards certain race. This is my personal view.

Thank you very much.