Changi Airportrude duty free sales staff

C Review updated:

I was traveling to bangkok on 26 august 2011, and as usual, I always buy two bottles of wine from the duty free.
After my selection, at around 1:30pm, when I was at the counter to pay, I had the worse encounter with an airport staff. This staff, by the name of yeo lee lee, employee id 3202, did not even bother to serve me when I was the only customer. She continued counting her money and chatting with another one of her colleague. Finally, another staff, standing next to lee lee, attended to me. Even while paying, she just put her hand out to ask for payment. I even asked her for a pen to complete the lucky draw, she just unwillingly 'pushed' the pen to me. I was still trying to keep my cool and returned her the pen and said "thank you", just to see her shove the pen aside and not even a glance or a smile this whole time.
Where has the customer service gone? To think that changi airport is one of the best, the customer service is left undesired. Unless she cannot speak a word of english, but this does not explain for her "pulling a long face". Next time, I will make sure to tell the staff off on this attitude which, I trust, is definitely not a value that changi airport upholds.

• D
      Sep 08, 2011

Hello CSLH - I am the GM for DFS in Singapore. I just read your post and am terribly sorry for the poor treatment you received while shopping in our store. My key priority is on developing my team to deliver positive and memorable customer experiences, and unfortunately this did not happen during your visit. I will be following up with my team and will begin working with this cashier on her service standards immediately. To help me understand more about what you experienced, would you be willing to speak to me via telephone or email so that I can get a few more details on what happened? If you are willing to do that, please send me a private message and let me know how you prefer to be contacted. Again, my sincere apologies on this matter and I hope that you will give us another chance in the future to make up for this experience. Thank you.

• C
      Sep 11, 2011

Hi.
    Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my post.
    It will be great to communicate via email. Do give me your email address.
    Thank you and best regards.

• D
      Sep 30, 2011

Hi CSLH - Please allow me to apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I was not able to respond to your Redress account. I think it might be best if you can send me an email at sin.[protected]@dfs.com. We can then talk more about this. Please let me know if this will work. Thank you.