Champion Windows / Multiple windows problems

I contracted Champion to replace my rear deck, almost all windows in my home and to build on a two-story sun room. Problems:

1. Sun room- construction was begun in October 2005 and was not completed until February 2006 when it was promised to take only 2-4 weeks.

2. Rear deck- had to be rebuilt 3 times and there are still problems!

3. Windows- windows bind, windows WILL NOT OPEN, sloppy installation.

Va

Comments

• Cl
      19th of May, 2007

Champion Windows installed when KB built home in 1998; windows springs would fall off making it difficult to open and close windows and vinyl strip on outside of windows began peeling away from several windows in 2003 and from inside one window making it impossible to open. KB will not fix on a "9 year old home;" Go figure. Very dissatisfied with these windows; filed complaint with Atty. General Office against KB.

• Ji
      12th of Oct, 2007

Clara is lying. Champion only does window replacement, not new construction. Champion windows use a stainless steel balancer on their windows, not springs. She is more than likely confused.

• Sh
      4th of Dec, 2007

I think it quite obvious that this forum is an itch to tempting not to scratch for competing sales people. The majority of the complaints against Champion appear to be false and embellished. I am willing to bet the farm that Clara is not only "confused" but conveniently confused like the Anderson Window/ Lowes sales people posting here.

• Tc
      5th of May, 2008

Not true - there are many NEW homes being built that have advertised Champion windows in them. And the 'real' reason MOST builders will NOT install them or have them installed is because the builders know they are crap, and WAY overpriced.

Better off to purchase them wholesale and install them - cheaper for the customer as well, and they aren't held responsible for when they quit failing and CW won't respond to the new home owners complaints.

Seems to me that all the responses within this particular section are all from 'looking for work' CW employees and want to spread more lies about the company. All anyone has to do is check their BBB for a LIST of complaints regarding this company and any others they are contemplating doing business with.

8th of May, 2008

I had champion replace 16 windows in my home last year. My home is 65 years old, out of "square" and the walls are plaster, the windows they replaced were the originals and some of our sills were a little rotten. I was really nervous that this would be a difficult replacement job. Turns out that they did a great job. Window installation was well done, took only one day, no mess left behind, windows look great and have made a big difference in our heating and cooling bills. Yes we could have probably gotten "cheaper" windows. We paid about 9500.00 for the 16 windows (we got the windows with the lines in them I forgot what it's called) but we liked having the lifetime warranty. Over the winter the glass in one of the windows broke and it was NO problem scheduling someone to come out and replace it. They didn't make me wait and it only took about 20 minutes.

8th of May, 2008

Oh and another thing (in response to TC). I can't imagine anything being "crappier" than "builder grade" windows... or "builder grade anything for that matter. And good luck having the builder replace a window 10 years down the road because a baseball went through it. Champion even includes the screens in the warranty.

8th of May, 2008

And lastly, I can only vouch for the Champion Window company in STL, MO.

• Ji
      15th of May, 2008

There is a Champion Al;uminum window company in the midwest that may sell junk. Champion is strictly a window replacement company and the nation's largest. Please use other sources than this complaint board to get your facts. And to the person who had their deck rebuilt 3 times. If this is true, only a quality company would work that hard to satisfy you!!!

• Ni
      10th of Apr, 2009

THIS ROOM IS FULL OF SCAM ARTISTS. CHAMPION IS A HIGHLY REPUTABLE COMPANY WITH MULTIPLE MANUFACTORING PLANTS AND STORE LOCATIONS NATION WIDE. THEY HAVE A QUALITY PRODUCT HENCE WHY THEY HAVE THE GOOD HOUSE KEEPING SEAL OF APPROVAL. IM IN MARYLAND/WASHINGTON DC AND I KNOW OF A SMALL LOCAL COMPANY NAMED CHAMPION THAT DOES HAVE MANY COMPLAINTS AGAINTS THEM HOWEVER AFTER MY RESEARCH I CONCLUDED THAT THE LARGER NATIONAL COMPANY IS IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH THEM. I NO LONGER RESEARCH COMANYS IN FAKE BLOGS SUCH AS THIS. ANY REPUTTABLE COMPANY WILL BE PART OF THE BBB AND THEREFORE I CHECK FOR COMMENTS AND COMPLAINTS WITH THEM AND OTHER PAY SITES SUCH AS ANGIES LIST.

30th of May, 2009

Question; Why would any that was sastified with Champion Windows and/or patio rooms be looking on a site that has only complaints about Champion unless they worked for Champion? If you would like to hear or see my Champion horror story e-mail me.

• At
      31st of May, 2009

By your handle I can only assume that you were born in 1985, which leads me to believe that you don't have much life experience at all. If I am incorrect in this, assesment, my apologies. There is no way to measure how criminal the behavior of not only the salespeople, but the division managers and the staff in general. You are obviously connected emotionally or financially to this company because there is no legitimate way you can vouch for them. They are crap, good day

• Lo
      24th of Jun, 2009

As a former division manager, I can attest to all these complaints. If people knew all that goes on behind the the Champion veil, you'd NEVER buy from them. Do your homework, contact the BBB. ask for more than the canned referrals they offer you. BTW, their list price is marked up 100% from their 'par' price with is ultimately the lowest they can sell that window... without a competitive bid and the fancy phone call to the manager. joke!

• Mi
      2nd of Aug, 2009

I don't know if their product is better than the next guys or not, but I do know their salespeople are high pressure. They quoted us a price that was a sale price of 40% off and and extra 5% if we paid cash, but the price was only good if we signed a contract right then and there. We hadn't had a chance to price anyone else or check out any other window manufacturers.

28th of Aug, 2009

Way to go loius7337. finally someone that knows the truth speaks up... Thank you...

• Ri
      22nd of Feb, 2017

I bought window's & doors from Champion in 2006. It has been problem after problem . It took them 4 times to get our front door installed correctly! The window's are double glass. They lose the gas in between the window's and there is a film inside the 2 pcs. Of glass. They will replace them if you stay on them . It will take 6 to 15 weeks to get it done .That's if they turn in the work order. Which 2 times they didn't, took 8 months to get it fixed . I live just outside if Knoxville Tn. 2 years ago they just completely went out of buis. Their service absoutley sucked!! And attitude from every person I dealt with. Now we get service from Chattanooga office . Believe it or not they are way worse.My name is Richard Mcjunkins. If anyone is thinking about buying Champion Window's you need to look elsewhere. And about their sales team, they are very pushy and aggressive. I would not recommend anyone to buy these window's as they are way over priced . I think at one time they were probably a good co. But that is not true today.