Champion Systems / Customers treated rudely

1 San Jose, CA, United States Review updated:

Champion Systems of San Jose, California prewired my house for an alarm system while the walls were open during a remodel. I paid up front for labor of four hours, even though John the owner was at my house for less than three. (I unexpectedly showed up at the house and saw him drive away after a little over two hours.) I didn't complain, just figured that things went easier than expected. As long as it was done correctly, I would let it go.

Champion was to perform the installation of the actual alarm when the house is finished. Since the prewiring, I have contacted Champion to inquire about list of equipment that I would need to purchase. Since there are different models, we exchanged phone calls and emails four times before I pinned down the exact list to buy.

Months passed, and I called Champion this morning to inquire about a wire that my general contractor saw sticking out of the living room. I wondered if this is part of the alarm system. John the owner complained that my job was taking up too much of his time. He said he had already spent time emailing me about the parts, and that he was too busy. I asked if I could email him a photo of the wire and if he could check his notes to see if it is part of the alarm system. He then started to YELL at me, and then hung up.

Perhaps I caught him at a bad time, but no customer should be treated this rudely. I would definitely not recommend this company.

Va

Comments

2nd of Jul, 2008

I am sorry you feel this way. But the story you have fabricated is incorrect and not valid. First off, after reviewing my day planner, it shows that I started the pre-wiring ont he house at 10:00am. I finished it after 1:30pm. The customer confronted me about the remaining half hour. I told her I will put that half hour towards programming the alarm panel which she insists on buying from an unknown internet company. When we started the job, we clearly told the homeowner the charges were for two days, which is pre-wiring day and device installation day. The amount of time I have spent speaking with the homeowner far exceeds the half hour she insists I owe her. She called me a few times on Sunday to ask me to educate her about the alarm systems, then she used her own opinion to argue with me on what she should do with her alarm system even though I have 10 years of experience in alarm installation. I have also invested an additional day to drive to the homeowners house to show her carpenter how to install a sensor on the door. This trip was unneccessary because most carpenters know how to do this. But I spent my time and gas as a courtesy to make the homeowner happy. As far as the comment about the wire above the fireplace, I have repeatedly explained to the homeowner that there is no reason why one of wires would be above the fireplace because most of our wires are near windows and doors. Alarm systems are to secure windows and doors, this is why there would be no wire above the fireplace. As a system installation company owner, we are designing and installing security systems to protect our client's properties. We are not out there to teach people how to install and programming an alarm system or how to purchase parts online or count minutes on how long we did the job. If it takes additional time to do it right or make the homeowner satisified, we will try our best.