Champion Home Builders / the construction of my mobile home

Beaumont, CA, United States Review updated:

I live in Texas and lost my mobile home in the Harvey flood. I went through direct factor expo to purchase a Champion home and downsized from a 3 br 16 by 80 to a 1br 16 by forty. I paid cash for it and they knew my situation of being homeless. A contract was written and my home would be ready in February. That never happened and it would be sometimes in March. I was angry because I gave the cash in November 2017. I went and talked to an attorney and she and I had a 3 way conversation with the manager. We were told by the manager at the beginning of March that my mobile home would be on my property by March 17th. The mobile home is adorable but someone didn't do a good job. At the end on March we had heavy rain and the roof started leaking, the vanity in bath was coming away from the wall and the stripping around ceiling started coming off. Someone from Champion came out and fixed theses problems I thought. We had more rain and the roof is still leaking along with the walls sweating in my kitchen and I find water all over my stove as if I had no ventilation and now there is mold and mildew in my living room window sill. I have only been in my home for 3 months and I am having awful problems. I did turn this in and was set up for someone to come fix problems but this time no one showed up. What is going on with my mobile home? Thank you Carolyn Deaton Beaumont Texas [protected]

Jul 02, 2018

Comments

• El
      May 21, 2019

I have been looking for a quality made manufactured home and thought champion was what I was looking for. I have found they do not provide price sheets for a basic manufactured(or modular) home to the dealers. You ask the dealer, they contact the factory representative through email, then you wait and you wait, and u wait!!! just to get a basic price. They do not provide a 800 # contact number for customer relations. Or a number at all. Well if they can’t trust their own dealers with a price sheet, then why should we trust the dealer either? At this point, I have now read these bad reviews and now don’t trust the plants manufacturing . If I had a problem with a dealer not getting problems fixed, there would be no one to call since they do not give a contact number for the main person in charge or even a complaint line. I am frustrated after waiting 3 days for just a base price and do not trust this company any longer.

• El
      May 21, 2019

My comments are typed in above