Chadwicks Of Boston / Terrible Customer Service and Refund Practices

United States Review updated:

I have ordered from Chadwicks before but it has not been for many years. Before I never had a problem, this experience has led me to the conclusion that I will never ever ever order from them again. Order was placed May 19, received May 27 and returned May 31 (the items didn't fit). June 12 I called to inquire about my refund as the items had been received at their loading dock on June7. After being placed on hold for 34 minutes, I was told it took 7 -10 business days to process refunds. June 20 I called again as I still hadn't recieved the refund. 27 minutes after being put on hold I was informed it took 3 -4 weeks to process a refund. I admit I got angry, raised my voice a tad and asked for a supervisor. The rep hung up on me! Of course, that made me a tad angrier. I called back and demanded a supervisor who informed me that it took 8 WEEKS! for a refund. UNACCEPTABLE!!! I'm filing a complaint with the BBB of Massachusetts as well as the state I reside in and am going to complain on every site I find regarding them. I am beyond angry now.

Comments

• Mu
      15th of Nov, 2011

I have ordered from Chadwick's in the past with no problem. Back in Sept. 2011 I ordered a dress in the same style that worked for me, different color. I was told the dress was back ordered to Oct. 4. I received one notification that there would be a delay. Since then I have heard nothing (now 11/14). I have had no response to my email to them. I made several calls and the #2 option concerning an order always says the circuits are busy and disconnect. Last week I tried option #1 to place an order. I explained my problem and was told someone would contact me. Nothing. Today I tried again. Couldn't get through to option 2. Option 1 said they would put me through to Customer Service. After 33 minutes on the call, I gave up.

• Jj
      25th of Mar, 2019

Very rude customer service..I asked to speak the Manager and he said he was the manager.
    Colors do not match to what is in the catalog.