Chadwicks / Crooks

Very cheap clothes made in sweat shops in China and they won't take returns. Product arrived dirty and they blamed it on me when I tried to return it.

I bought a v-neck sweater and I swear it had moth holes in it. The fit was all wrong and it was probably the cheapest material possible.

The customer service people weren't even company employees and weren't concerned or friendly at all.

I will never buy anything from Chadwicks or metrostyle ever again.

Please save your money and look for a quality product from a more reputable company.

Comments

• Mo
      6th of Jan, 2011

The exact same thing happened to me - cheap clothes, terrible service I threw away $250.00 hard earned dollars.

• Do
      14th of Apr, 2011

Stay away from Chadwicks no matter how nice things look on the website or in the Catalog. they are a dishonest company that sells shoddy merchandise. I have purchased clothing from Chadwicks using the Chadwicks charge account for years. The clothes used to be of good quality but now it's not even as good as what you'd get from Target or Wal-Mart. I think the whole catalog is a misrepresentation. I returned merchandise 2x to Chadwicks within the last 2 years. 1st time they acknowledged that they received the return but never issued a credit. I called them repeatedly & everyone I spoke with said I had to speak with someone else. The 2nd time they issued a credit but when I tried to use it they say the credit # is not valid. They are the only company I'm aware of that doesn't post a credit to your account.

• Yv
      27th of Jul, 2011

Stay away from Chadwicks! Horrible customer service. False information. Not sincere.

I ordered 2 items from them in April 2011 for my college graduation
    charged.

That made me check the status on the order on their website and it
    showed that it was being "processed". So, I thought "great", I did not
    need to worry about it. I was thinking, "okay, the order was backordered
    and now late, that's fine, I can wear it to another event." That was June.

I was wrong.

It is now end of July going into August! 4 months! I have not received
    my order, I have not received a confirmation that the item was being
    processed, shipped nor that the credit card was charged. NO ONE told me
    anything. There was not an e-mail, a phone call or even just a simple
    automated e-mail confirmation about the process.

I contacted them and the representative, "Sally" (I wouldn't even
    consider them a representative, more like, pointless figures) told me
    that my item was cancelled after 60 days being backordered. I was
    FURIOUS because not any of the pointless figures notified me! No one
    even explained why the credit card was charged and why my order showed
    processed and shipped. They tell me a "story" that my order was
    cancelled and that I should place a new order. Bullcrap!

I am still in the process of getting this straightened out. But I wanted
    service and I know things can get resolved if they were truly sincere
    and legit. But they are not. I wanted no explanation, it is too late for
    that. I now wanted my orders shipped to me or a refund. I will be
    letting everyone know about my experience and make sure Chadwicks
    horrible service is known.

Do not shop at Chadwicks.

Complained: 07/27/2011

Charlotte, NC
    U.S.A.

• Yv
      27th of Jul, 2011
    Chadwicks - Charged credit card, items never shipped, bad customer service
    Chadwicks

charged.

That made me check the status on the order on their website and it
    showed that it was being "processed". So, I thought "great", I did not
    need to worry about it. I was thinking, "okay, the order was backordered
    and now late, that's fine, I can wear it to another event." That was June.

I was wrong.

It is now end of July going into August! 4 months! I have not received
    my order, I have not received a confirmation that the item was being
    processed, shipped nor that the credit card was charged. NO ONE told me
    anything. There was not an e-mail, a phone call or even just a simple
    automated e-mail confirmation about the process.

I contacted them and the representative, "Sally" (I wouldn't even
    consider them a representative, more like, pointless figures) told me
    that my item was cancelled after 60 days being backordered. I was
    FURIOUS because not any of the pointless figures notified me! No one
    even explained why the credit card was charged and why my order showed
    processed and shipped. They tell me a "story" that my order was
    cancelled and that I should place a new order. Bullcrap!

I am still in the process of getting this straightened out. But I wanted
    service and I know things can get resolved if they were truly sincere
    and legit. But they are not. I wanted no explanation, it is too late for
    that. I now wanted my orders shipped to me or a refund. I will be
    letting everyone know about my experience and make sure Chadwicks
    horrible service is known.

Do not shop at Chadwicks.

Complained: 07/27/2011

Charlotte, NC
    U.S.A.

• Km
      28th of Jul, 2011

In early March I received an order that I placed with Chadwicks - seven items were received on that order – of that quantity, three were returned. I packed these three items up, and filled out an exchange form.

A month later, on April 8th, I called Chadwicks to follow up on order. The rep told me that my order was being ‘prepped for shipment, ’ and that I should receive it soon. Several weeks passed and I received nothing so on April 27th I called, spoke with a rep who stated AGAIN that my order was being ‘prepped for shipment. This process went on – with me calling several times a month, getting the absolute same response - until early June. After getting no resolution to my problem, I contacted the BBB of Mass in June, who in turn contacted Chadwicks. Chadwicks reviewed my case, confirmed that I was due a refund and began the process of yet again promising to send my check out immediately. That was early June – this is now a few days away from August and I still haven’t received my refund. Ever attempt that has been made with the business results in yet another delay. I was told this week that they are undergoing a financial restructuring and will get back to me in 45-60 days to let me know the outcome. I contacted the Mass Attorney Generals Office in June – who provided no assistance but to place my name on the list of other pissed consumers. I was told that they can’t make the company pay me the money – they can just send copies of my complaint letters to them. I’m told if they get enough folks complaining or if a suit is waged against them, that they’ll keep all folks on that list informed of the ultimate outcome. (So if you have a complaint – although the Attorney Generals Office can’t help much, they are maintaining a list of irate consumers.)

A few weeks ago I opened up yet another complaint at the BBB and instructed them to keep this open until my case is resolved.

If I owed Chadwicks money for as long as they’ve owed me, they’d not only keep me on a ‘list’, but they would have turned me over to a collections agency AND reported it to a credit bureau. I am completely frustrated that NO ONE can intercede in getting my money refunded to me. All I’m repeated told is that I have to wait until they get they’re act together. What angers me the most is that I’ve purchased from this company for decades – and this is how they treat their customers. A company of that size could be embarrassed to be holding on to their customers money. So if they’re going bankrupt (or in some kind of financial restructuring) you mean folks who have paid their money have to wait until they handled their other creditors? That’s bull. I paid cash for my order – it wasn’t charged. I should be able to get my money NOW and now WHENEVER.

Save yourself some grief – don’t purchase from Chadwicks!

• Wa
      8th of Nov, 2011

I ordered from Chadwicks on Sept 6, 2011. I ordered a pair of dress pants, black size 6T, they sent me white jeans size 14P, really!!!. So, I sent them back immediately. I have been looking for a credit for my return or the pants I ordered. I have gotten neither. I have been calling them for weeks, every time they either hang up on me or they tell me that the returns systems is down and I need to call back. I am so tired of this aggravation, no one in the entire place can tell you what happened or even try to help. Very poor customer service. Please save yourself and never order from them, I know I won't.

• Gi
      18th of Nov, 2011

I returned over $100 worth of Merchandise in early September and have no received a refund. I've had the same issue as all the other complaints. They hang up on you or say their line is busy. I've filed a report with the Better Business Bureau. They are an awful company.

• Lm
      20th of Jan, 2012

I received no product no refund. Poor communication/customer service. Stay away from this company at all costs as they are dishonorable and going through bankruptcy. Notice on their website that you are not able to post product reviews.