ChaCha Inc. / Terrible everything

1 Carmel, IN, United States Review updated:

I started working for ChaCha in mid-August and have since earned $38.40 that I believe I'll never see. Not that this is a huge amount of money, but I've worked so many hours to earn it. There are two payment options with Chacha: You can either get a debit card through an internet bank and get your money directly deposited at any time, or you can get ChaCha to send you a check on the 15th of every month if you have at least $100 on your account.

Making only ten cents a question (I go to school and work another job full time, so I don't have enough time to answer 300 questions a week to make the twenty cents a text message), it takes a long time to earn such an amount. Knowing this, I decided to go with the direct deposit option. Doing this, you have to sign up with the bank that ChaCha is affiliated with in order to receive your debit card. I filled out an application and tried numerous times to contact the bank in order to get my account set up, but to no avail. They claimed that they needed documentation proving my date of birth. I faxed them my driver's license twice, which they proceeded to lose both times. On one phone call I was put on hold and never gotten back to, and another time the bank clerk told me to call back later because her system was freezing up.

Due to all of this trouble, I recently decided to try the other ChaCha payment option of receiving a check after earning 100 dollars. Before I clicked the button, I received a warning that I thought very little of that told me that I would have to directly contact ChaCha if I wanted to swap payment methods back to the bank. I wish now that I would've thought more about it.

I figured that I would be able to use my Christmas break to answer enough to questions to earn the rest of the 100 dollars and receive a check, but it seems that now many ChaCha guides are receiving very few questions to answer or none at all (like me). I know this because I have looked in the forums and poured through pages and pages of posts with people stating they have the exact same problem. Now I have no clue how I will ever receive the money that I originally earned. I was hoping to keep working in order to earn some extra Christmas money, and it looks as though that isn't going to work out either.

Va

Comments

• Sb
      5th of Dec, 2008

I was one of many who quit after they rolled out their new system, which treats unfairly those of us who can't sit in front of their buggy program all day long. I was doing ChaCha part time for extra income and cashed out one time before the changes.

Your only options are to wait it out and hope it picks up soon for Christmas (though there are rumors abound that they'll be out of business soon) or make contact with ChaCha under the Knowledge Base asking to suspend your account. When you do that (make sure to request your earnings be mailed to you) they WILL mail you your check but it will take several months to get it.

My second and final payout ($38 like you!) came so much later after requesting my account be suspended that I'd actually forgotten all about it!

• Ra
      17th of Jun, 2010

Well ChaCha hasn't gone out of business since this post and I am guessing the reason these guides were not getting many questions is because they did not sign up under enough interest categories. I can easily make the $38.00 listed above in a few hours. Yes Chacha will offer you the option of receiving a debit card through the bank they are affiliated with (no different than many other companies direct deposit) but this is for those who want the convenience of being able to click the payout at anytime rather than wait out the $100 minimum just to have it go to my own bank. The program isn't meant to be full income but rather just extra money although I pull in about $400 a month extra so I can't complain. Just follow directions and get advice from other guides and you'll be fine.