cetergy check services / check declined

1 502 Southern CourtAthens, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 706-372-9584

My check was declined last night at Lowes based on information from Cetergy Check Services. I contacted Cetergy customer service to find out why my check was declined they gave me a run around and would only say that my check fit their "profile" and that bank's do not guarantee payment and the store does not have to accept my check. I have requested a notification in writing so that I may refer it to an attorney. I have had a checking account with the Navy Federal Credit Union for over 28 years and have never written a bad check. There was plenty of money in the checking account and I ended up paying with my credit union debit card without a hitch. Someone needs to check out this company. When you are denied credit the agency sends you a written notification of "why" they denied the credit along with the negaitive information provided and the reporting agency who provided it. This company tells you nothing but effectively blocks you from using your checking account at a merchant with no explanation. This does not appear to be ethical or legal.

Comments

• Jc
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Certigy is a hassle when you have to call and talk to them. Ie I do this for customers when it happens. You have to get clearance to process the check, because for some reason it was flagged. Once cleared.. meaning they confirm your id in store with info you can use check with a certified number that can be used at Lowes. Business can now process your check and you can be on your way. Only thing is it may take ten minutes.. or more to get a human. Longer if you have a new clerk trying this out.

• Br
      30th of Aug, 2010
    cetergy check services - Stay away
    Cetergy Check Services

I tried cashing my payroll check at walmart this morning, only to be denied because they said my check was similar to fraudelent checks in their system. This is total ###, I have been cashing the same payroll check at walmart for almost a year now. This company is so screwed up, they are making lives of honest people hard. Someone needs to do something about this company. They are a royal pain in the ***. They need to change their "policy"!!! Total ###! everyone that works at cetergy and who ever implimented this *** *** "policy" can kiss my ***!!