Certs / Certs is a SCAM

1 424 East Central Blvd. #413Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-292-0099

We participated in a Strataforce Travel Presentation in Miami on 9/25/2007. They offered us a Certs hotel certificate for our participation in the Seminar.
We submitted our travel request signed by myself, missing husband's signature (our oversight). Certs invalidated certificate not allowing us to sign and resubmit. We contacted Strataforce and they sent us a new Certs Certificate.
New certificate was again submitted with two travel dates as form requires, June 24 and or July 29th. Certs responded that the chosen dates were not available and to resubmit with alternate travel dates. We re- submitted with two new dates Aug. 5 and or Aug 19th. We have now received our deposit of $75 back advising that a 30 day in between requested travel dates is required and that since we did not follow instructions that the request is null and void.
Certs is a scam and travel companies that offer Certs certificates should know that Certs makes the certificate offers knowing that they have no intention of delivering the offered travel. There should be a Class Action Suit against Certs as by looking on the complaints board, the incidents are numerous. The better business bureau should investigate their practices as they are highly impacting the consumers. Anyone interested in pursuing a class action suit, please advise as I am certainly interested in putting Certs and their questionable practices out of business!

Comments

• Ce
      23rd of Jun, 2008

First, we'd like to apologize for any inconveniences you may have experience redeeming your travel certificate from our company. Keeping that in mind, we'd like to point out a few important details regarding the travel certificate business.

We highly recommend in the future if you receive a call or postcard from a marketing company promising you a travel certificate if you attend a timeshare presentation that you ask for the name of the company responsible for providing the incentive.

We further recommend if it is a Certs, Inc. incentive, that you visit our web site (www.certsinc.biz) where you can read the entire terms of service for each incentive we offer, and then make an educated decision on whether of not to move forward with the presentation.

Certs, Inc. has no control over the presentation by the marketing company or the sales tactics used by the vacation club representative. However, we do police their activities and from time-to-time will discontinue the sales of our products to these companies if we feel there is misrepresentation.

Certs, Inc. has never, and will never, change the terms of service on our incentives "after" it has been presented to our clients customers.

If you have not received a booking confirmation from our company for the travel date(s) you provided, you are entitled to a full refund of all monies paid to Certs, Inc.

Due to the inconveniences of a large cancellation rate for booked travel, your travel dates will not be confirmed until 14 days in advance. This is to benefit you by allowing a full refund in case you an experience a life event that keeps you from traveling on the dates you provided us.

If you feel you have not received a fair chance at redeeming your travel certificate, please contact our customer service department (1-800-292-0099) so we can research your situation and act accordingly based off your incentive's terms of service.

Sincerely,

Gregory A. Peaden, CEO
    Certs, Inc.

5th of Jul, 2008

Gregory Peaden's "response" to our complaints is both dishonest and disingenous. Allow me to address one of his statements:
    "Our business is no different than any other business transaction in which both parties must comply with their agreement and adhere to the terms of service."

In fact, CERTS Inc. "business" is quite different from other businesses in many respects, the most important one being that their business model is predicated on the vast majority of its "customers" either not bothering to use the "product" or attempting to use the "product" but being unable to due to CERTS' ridiculous and inflexible "terms and conditions."

I have read that the CERTS certificates cost businesses that distribute them about $15 each. Now think about it...how could CERTS possibly afford to provide its customers with two airline tickets for $15? The fact is they can't. It would be impossible! And they don't! What CERTS does is use any and every pretext conceivable to prevent their "customers" from ever receiving their "product". Come on, Mr. Peaden. Do you really believe that other businesses operate that way?

In my case, CERTS claimed that I had violated the "terms and conditions" by leaving only 29 days instead of 30 days between my travel dates. After they sent me a refund check (with no explanation), I called them and explained that the way I counted the days, I had indeed left 30 days betweeen travel dates, but that I'd be more than willing to change my dates by one day to accommodate CERTS. (I still had a couple of weeks before the certificate expired.)

I was told, "You've violated the terms and conditions, and therefore we voided the voucher. There's nothing we can do about it."

Now let's be honest, Mr. Peaden. Would any legitimate, honest business have responded in the manner yours did in that situation? If so, would you please name that business? Sears, Starbucks, Toyota? Which other business would have prevented me from resubmitting a coupon that had not yet expired???

CERTS Inc. only gives its customers 14 days notice before it gives them the date of the flights because it knows that the vast majority of people require more notice than that before they can take up and leave on a trip. CERTS does everything possible to make sure that, for one reason or another, customers receive a "full refund of all monies paid to Certs, Inc." Why? Because CERTS wants to do everything possible to make sure that its "customers" never receive their airline tickets.

Again, what other company works on a business model that assumes that the vast majority of its customer never use its product? Insurance companies perhaps, but certainly no other business in the travel industry!

On this and other travel and complaint sites, I have asked a simple question over and over again: would someone who has successfully redeemed a CERTS travel certificate please tell me how you did it. Include all the details of where you flew from, where you went, what the dates were, how much notice CERTS gave you, etc.

It's been almost nine months since I asked that question. And I have yet to have a single person respond affirmatively! I doubt that even one percent of CERTS certificates are successfully redeemed. Am I correct, Mr. Peaden? If not, I beg you to correct me.

Mr. Peaden, do you know the meaning of the term "bunco artist"? If so, would you please explain how you are not one?

I urge anyone with a complaint against CERTS to direct it to the Attorney General's office in Florida. Maybe evenually the office will do something if it receives a few thousand more complaints!

• Gi
      16th of Jul, 2009
    Certs - fraudlent operations
    CERTS
    201 S ORANGE AVE S 1030
    Orlando
    Florida
    Phone: 407 472 2600

WE sent in the money orders for the cruise package, registered mail, and now Certs, 2 months later says they ' can't find them' . After reading the zillion complaints against Certs, we are to say the least, worried . This has to be a scam company to have so many complaints. Now we have to get the money order receipts to verify that they have been cashed, Certs won't own up to it, and that folder is temporarily misplaced in my home - but it's here, I just have to locate it. Meanwhile, I am out the money we sent in to Certs, registered mail thank God, and really angry at my falling for this one.