Certified Tire and Service Centers / Terrible experience!

1 23920 allesandroMoreno Valley, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 951-656-6466

Save yourself a headache, go elsewhere unless you like paying for service you do not get. You may also get threatened as I did. Check with the bureau of auto repair state of California. They do not like it when you catch them in lies. Beware!

Comments

• Da
      22nd of Mar, 2008

I am the customer service manager for Certified Tire. I have personal knowlegde of this situation. There was a communication error in this customer service and it was corrected the same day by the store manager. The customer was apologized to by the store manager, and the employee was consuled in the matter. This person Mr. Boyd was a past employee of the owner of Certified Tire, at a past company they both were employed by. Nr. Boyd is using any means he can to try to cause problems. We are truly sorry for the situation at the Moreno Valley store, but feel that it was handled in a curtious and professional manner. Far from the description Mr. Boyd has drawn out.

Dan Schoof
    Certified Tire
    Customer Service Manager

• Al
      1st of Sep, 2011

As usual, Mr. Schoof has been brought in to spin and deceive.
    There is no other way to put this delicately ... This company, Certified Tire, (as are most of their current employees) is dishonest and has a consistent negative reputation & blatant disregard for customer service. These guys will lie to entice customers to bring their autos in for service (which is NOT necessary). I have personal and first hand knowledge that Mr. Schoof, is one of the worst offenders for Certified Tire and is ACTIVELY being investigated for unlawful business practices and fraud.
    Here is something else important ... I do not know the other gentleman that complained about the Moreno Valley store, but I would bet that his words and concerns are more than valid. These guys are BAD news!
    I can personally arrest to unlawful and deceptive business practices at multiple locations of Certified Tire ... 'Goodyear' should spend a few minutes and look into what this company is doing to the 'Goodyear' business name. I am sure the result will be a Cease & Desist on the use of the Goodyear name as part of this dishonest group of liars and crooks.

• St
      13th of Mar, 2013

These tire shops are horrible. The owner and his sidekick, Danny Schoof don't care about their customers at all. After a major screw up while they were doing service work to our car in the Walnut Creek shop, they denied any responsibility. I finally had to sue them in small claims court to get a judgment, which I did, and now they have never paid.

The owner responded to an email I sent first trying to deny the entire thing, then when I sent him the judgment, he emailed to say - I'll never pay you a dime. With ownership and management that basically doesn't care, how good can the service centers be? How well do they treat their employees?

The owner's a jerk. Please take your hard earned cash to a shop that deserves and appreciates your business, NOT CERTIFIED TIRE.

See my court judgment here

Steer clear of all Certified Tires or you only have yourself to blame.

• Te
      7th of Oct, 2014

Certified tire is th worst company i have ever worked for a big 6 weeks was about all i could take i have been a mechanic all my life since 1981 but i have been lucky to have spent all my career working for Chevrolet where there was good communication between the customers and dealership if there was a mistake it was taken care of and or refunded if a mechanic forgot to put oil in a car it was quickly made right by replacing the engine if we damaged a car we stood behind it although it is rare i have seen it a few times over the years but this certified tire is out to screw there customers which i do not get and even worse they screw there employees by not paying the double minimum wage of clock time that is required by state law when there is just not enough work to pass up the law they just say we do not do that here what a joke i would bust tires for free check alignments for free customer declined alignment that was needed next day comes back and given to new guy that just started and was hired even though he failed his employment drug screen and just got released from prison for assault what a joke i went to lunch and never came back even after anager called screaming at my wife threatining to put y tools in the parking lot screw him what a joke and the owners son Jearmie what a punk smart mouth moreno valley store Hemlock beware do not work here or take your car here very bad company

• Kr
      2nd of Jan, 2017

I had the worst experience here at the 8303 Clairemont Mesa Blvd San Diego location and would tell everyone to stay FAR away from this dishonest joke of a business. The manager on site, Derrick Mosley, had a bad attitude the minute we walked in the door. I went in for a simple oil change and 4 HOURS later they had my bill up to $480 and told me pretty much everything on my car needed to be replaced. I already knew I needed 2 tires replaced and was planning on going to Costco right after I left here but they told me they would match and even beat any competitors price. So they quoted me $244 dollars for 2 Michellin Defender XTs which was $20 bucks cheaper so I told them go ahead and do it. THANK GOD we checked before paying and noticed they put on a brand I have never even heard of before, Jinyu, $50 tires, and they were trying to charge me $244!!! We told them thats not what we agreed to and they just stood there with a blank look on their face. We told them they need to fix this or put our tires back on so we can go to Costco like we originally planned. The VERY RUDE manager Derrick, said they couldnt put our tires back on because they destroyed them when they first took them off. By this time we are extremely frustrated and tired and said we wanted to call the general manager regarding this horrific customer service. Derrick then proceeded to tell his tech guy to just put our tires back on and if "anything" should happen after we drove off it wouldnt be their fault. I have never been so frustrated and felt so taken advantage of, this place should be shut down. We did speak to the customer service manager, Pionieto, and all he cared about was the 2 bad reviews we put on Yelp and said he couldnt help us. The whole experience was an absolute nightmare!!! Do yourself a favor and STAY FAR AWAY from this place!