Certified Resveratrol c/oGLF / Would not give refund / Didnot want pills took 13 out of 60

1 41 Canal StreetLewiston, ME, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-247-5008

I ordered a free trial of this pill Resveratrol, just pay shipping and handling 5.95 on 4/7/09. I recieved the pills a week later about 4/14/09. I then started taking pill, it said 2 daily. I noticed on 4/27/09 $65.00 charge was taken out of my account. I turned it in to my bank said I did not give permission for this so they investigated and told me YOU ALWAYS NEED TO READ TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Today I called them and said I would send back the pills 5/6/09 and wanted my money back they refused. Told me it has been way to long. This is so mis leading, I knew nothing about TERMS AND CONDITIONS. I always thought you had at least 30 days from which you recieved something, to get your money back. This is totally a SCAM. This happened with another company and they returned my money, of course I returned the pills. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!

Comments

• Kr
      18th of May, 2009

I signed up for the free trial on 4/20/09. I called the company and told them I was returning the product and that I didn't want to be charged anything. I was assured there would be no charge on my credit card and I was given a return authorization #. I returned the product on 4/27/09. They received it and signed for it on 5/4/09. On 5/12/09, there was a charge for $24.95 on my credit card to a company called Live Lean for Life. I called Certified Resveratrol c/o GLF and was told that I should have read the terms and conditions for the free sample that I signed up for. I said I agreed to pay the shipping and handling feels for the free sample, but nothing else. She just kept repeating these prototype rebuttals over and over about reading the terms and conditions. She told me that Live Lean for Life is a totally separate company than Certified Resveratrol. I said "so I gave YOUR company my credit card # to pay for S&H fees and YOUR COMPANY gave my credit card # to a TOTALLY SEPARATE COMPANY?" and she paused and I said "you know that's illegal, right?" She kind of stammered around and then went back to her programmed rebuttals. I asked to talk to her boss and she said that supervisors return calls from 5-7pm. So, I asked that my phone call be returned. She refused to give me a refund!

• Pa
      23rd of May, 2009

I am being charged almost 81 dollars from my bank. These free trails are a scam. P cordle

• Jg
      29th of May, 2009

Resveratrol c/o GLF

I canceled twice and they continue to ship and bill my credit card. They refunded the cost of the product once but not the shipping. They assured me the order was canceled last month, but yesterday I received a third shipment. This time I am complaining to the NYS Attorney general department and filing a dispute with my credit card company. They better refund the full amount this time.

Do not do business with this company!

• Up
      4th of Jun, 2009

I ordered a free trial of certified Resveratrol and was charged 65.00 after 20 days . I called and asked for my money back they said no to late. o.k. my loss not reading fine print. The I noticed the last 2mths a 24.95 charge from *vit lean which is this same company. I called and turned it in to my bank and called them and they more less said to bad even after I cancelled 3 mths ago. I was really upset.

I AGREE DONOT DO BUSINESS with this COMPANY!!!

4th of Jun, 2009

Here's everyone's problem; this is excerpted from one of the above complaints, which said the company " told me YOU ALWAYS NEED TO READ TERMS AND CONDITIONS. ... I knew nothing about TERMS AND CONDITIONS."

That's called ignorance. Free trials are almost never free, and every contract or application has terms and conditions, i.e., the fine print. Carefully read an airline ticket, for example; you'll be amazed at what you can and can't do and what kind of reimbursements - if any - you'll get for lost luggage, delayed and canceled flights, and so on.

If you don't read the fine print and you have problems because you didn't, don't complain - except to the face in the mirror.

• Ca
      8th of Jun, 2009

5/27/2009 is the ship date noted on the order form sent with the "15 day Free trial" order of Certirfied Reservatol. The bottle contained 60 pills. The bottom of the order form stated " If you're not completely satified simply call 1-888 247-5008 between 8:30 amand 5:00 pm EST to request an RMA and send the product back according to instructions. Customer is responsilbe for return shipping fees. For healthy lifestyles members, please call to cancel or customize your plan to fit your needs. The guarante does not apply to Healthy Lifestyles shipments." An enclosed leaflet states ..."If it is not all you exected it to be, or you're unsatisfied in any way just contact customer service an request to cancel and you will never be biled for Certifed Reservatol. We are committed to providing superior products and service to our customers. If you are not completely satisfied, contact us and we will make it right for you!"

I did not recieve the bottle of Certifed Reservatol, C/O GLF, Maine, in the mail until the beginning of June. According to the above mentioned statement on the order form, I have tried to call the 1 888-2475008 number to cancel any further obligation beyond the 15 day trail offer, & according the the above mentioned statement on the recieved order form, to request whatever an "RMA" is and send the remaining excess 45 pills of the product back "according to instructions"; (it would help to know whatever the "instructions" are). Also the bit about the "Health Lifestyles member" is not at all relevant to my response to order the 15 day free trial of Certified Reservatol. As of June 8th, I am not able to get through the constantly busy line of 1 888 247-5008 to cancell any obligation with this company & return the excess 45 pills I never agreed to receiveing over the 15 day trail order. I am very unsatifsied with the product and I am very upset that they have taken my credit card info for the shiping fee of the "15 day free trail offer of Certified Reservatol, while it turns out that the phone number they gave with the order; has not been open to communication in order for me to cancel any further business with this company.

• Mj
      9th of Jun, 2009

The same thing happened to me. Visa has been trying to help me get rid of these guys. Once they get your credit card number, they charge for even things you never heard of. They advertise on the internet while you are surfing. AND they use your home town (somehow they know where you are) to snag you...says that "made-up name) from (your home town) lost 40 lbs. etc. They even have a picture of your so-called neighbor; but of course, you don't recognize her because she doesn't exist.

• Be
      9th of Jun, 2009

I wrote a comment several days ago but it is not posted. Same experience as the others. The only difference is they said they would refund the $64.95 charge and the $24.95 charge but NOT the $74.95.

I have contacted Discover. My bill is not due to be pain until June 27. They said the would contest the charges.

I also wrote a letter to the Attorney General of Maine and gave the details to that office. This company should not be allowed to do business!

• Ks
      11th of Jun, 2009

I too have ordered the pills and don't want them. I keep trying to call to get an RMA # but the phone is constantly busy or if you get through it just plays music until you've had enough and just hang up. What a scam! Something needs to be done with this very sad company.

15th of Jul, 2009

I was taken in by a pop up ad, too. They use Barbra Walters as an endorsement. (She later said she had nothing to do with this product on The View.) I didn't have the pills for 20 days because they had shipped them a week after the request. I had tried to contact them and was also put on hold for 2 hours. I finally gave up. I contacted the company the next day and they said I was too late. I have contacted Mastercard and they are investigating. They asked me about their cancellation policy. I did not see anything about it on the ad. This company should be put out of business! I wish I had read the previous complaints before I replied to this ad. Is there a resveratrol pill produced that works?

• St
      24th of Jul, 2009

My credit card number got stolen and some schmuck signed up for this. What they didn't know is that the company will only ship to the billing address. The thief (or thieves) thought that they would be able to ship anywhere. Anyways, I saw a charge show up on my account during my lunch break and my wife called me to tell me that I got a bottle of pills. She wondered if I ordered them.

The telephone number on the invoice matched the one given in this post. I called, was put on hold with pretty music, then followed by silence before reaching an operator. I explained that my card # was stolen and subsequently canceled. The gal canceled my account and verified that the subscription was purchased with my old card. They don't have my new number so they can't charge me again. *whew*

She asked me to mail the pills back and I told her I won't because I didn't order them. Why should I pay for someone else's fraud here? Anyways, I called my wife after I finished talking to the operator and told her to dump the pills down the drain. I don't know what they are or anything about their quality. They aren't for me.

Maybe I just got lucky here.

Still, if you really wanted resveratrol, can't you just buy it from the local Walmart or Longs Drugs?

• Ni
      29th of Jul, 2009

i am encouraged by these posts. now i know im not the stupidest person on earth. because i would never sign up for a product without reading the terms and conditions.

25th of Nov, 2009

I signed up for the free trial in 4/2009. I used the product for a few months, then cancelled 11/20/09 after not being able to contact them the day before (a lot of "all agents are busy" until the phone system kicked me out.) I got cancellation #'s for the Resveratrol AND the Live Lean for Life. The following week, I was charged again for the Resveratrol and it was shipped (and charged) 11/23/09. When I called on 11/25/09, I got "No refunds, No returns and No supervisor". A second call was also fruitless. I called my bank who is looking into it AND I filed a complaint with the New England BBB (where the company has an "F" rating).

I will never do business with them again. I am about to cancel my credit card and get a new number.

• Em
      18th of Dec, 2009

I can not say how angry I am... that so many people have been burned, and using methods like Barbara Walters endorsements to lure people in. Also, (they continue to charge), even when you do all the right things to correct the scam. Folks have tried to stop them. I am one of such persons.
    They have been billing me monthly (24.95), since June of this year, 2009! I sent my order back immediately (unopened), ..and had a RMA number! I too, called the Visa people; and they told me like everyone else, there is nothing we can do.
    (And, ...to these banks, I say: Fine print, agreements or other tactics do not faze these low lives.

Can the Attorny-General of Maine... not do anything to stop these RATS from cheating everyone? How are they depositing our money? Can't someone go to THAT "depot?"
    Healthy Lifestyles, Live Lean, bla bla bla, ...tells me from now on: JUST LIVE WITHOUT DECON RESISTANT RODENTS LIKE THESE... AND NEVER SUBSCRIBE TO ANY OF THEM EVER AGAIN!
    Should we say, "thanks for the memories?"