Certified Computer Xchange / Unauthorized billings

Back in early December I purchased two Dell laptops on ebay and ordered express shipping so I could be sure to have them [censored]iday gifts. The total cost was just over $500. I had emailed to see if they received the payment the next day and they had confirmed they received payment and items were getting shipped. A few days went by and nothing, did not receive, I emailed multiple times with no response and had to go and purchase two others from another seller to have them for xmas.

After the holidays I got my credit card statement and I had been charged 3 times, for over $1, 500!!!

To this day I have heard nothing back from them and I am still fighting to get these charges off my debit card.

I would like to file a complaint with the police as in the complaint below, is their a case number I need before calling?? I am nervous this is some kind of identity theft scam and this caused a lot of trouble for us.

I also had called my friend in NJ to drive by their west berlin location and they said their was no such business there, so this is clearly some kind of scam.

Mi

Comments

• Ga
      2nd of Feb, 2009
    Certified Computer Xchange - Unauthorized billing
    Certified Computer Xchange
    certifiedcomputerxchange.com

We ordered a computer for our daughter in Atlanta Ga. It was to be a Christmas present. We ordered in on Dec, 9th. It would have been shipped on the 11th. We did our homework, and checked out Certified Computer Xchange rankings in EBay and it looked like it was a reputable company with a few mistakes. We added insurance to the shipping just in case. We ordered, the card was charged, but the computer was never shipped. We tried calling his phone number, left messages, emailed every other day, even left messages on his live chat on his site. But with only one response saying he was looking into it. We waited a few days thinking he was looking into it. But no response. We then started asking for refunds but never heard back. We are now working with our credit card company to get a full refund.

These guys' prices are good but believe me the extra $50-$100 you save it is just not worth the gamble. There is just no way to reach him after you order. I think that is what we learned in this if you call the number and it is an answering service. DO NOT ORDER!

This guy may be a crook, he may just be a bad business man but whatever he is, find a good deal on some other site. Do not order from him. Now I am seeing lots of negative feedback on him on other sites.